Start by marking “Pretty Dolls” as Want to Read:
Pretty Dolls

Pretty Dolls

4.67 of 5 stars 4.67  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Gracie is the purple-eyed, one-armed, spiky-haired doll who
has won the snuggly arms and heart of Tasha. Only Emily-
Nicole, the prettiest porcelain doll in Tasha’s collection, will
have none of it. What Tasha doesn’t know is that when the
lights go out, the doll wars begin…
Pretty Dolls is a Children’s Picture Book Finalist in the 2011
Pacific Northwest Writers Association Lite...more
Published November 15th 2011 by Tate Publishing & Enterprises (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Dolls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty Dolls

Mayra
Pretty Dolls by Kimberly Dana, a finalist in the Children’s Picture Book category at the 2011 Pacific Northwest Writers Association Literary Contest, is a delightful story about overcoming jealousy and the love a girl can share with her special doll, no matter what she looks like.
Little Tasha has several dolls, but her favorites are Emily-Nicole and Gracie.

Emily-Nicole is the most beautiful of all, with porcelain skin, silky red hair and turquoise-blue eyes. She spends most of her days perched...more
Maria
Kimberly Dana’s children’s book, Pretty Dolls, is a beautifully illustrated story about a young girl, Tasha, and her four dolls. It’s a very girlie book and I’m sure young girls would enjoy the pretty pictures and the heartwarming story.

The illustrations help to tell the story along with the words, so this would be a great book to read to a young child who cannot read on their own, as they can then look at the book afterwards and watch the story unfold as they look at the pictures. It would also...more
Melanie
Tasha is a sweet little girl with quite the doll collection. She has 2 very favorite dolls, Emily-Nicole and Gracie. Emily-Nicole is beautiful and rests in a place of honor upon the bookshelf. Gracie is well worn, missing an arm and sporting a haircut from Tasha. Not exactly what you would call pretty. Gracie however has a place of honor, nestled next to Tasha at night, and resting on her bed by day.

Once Tasha is resting peacefully the dolls come to life, and boy do those 'pretty' girls have a...more
Patricia Puddle
Mar 06, 2012 Patricia Puddle rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Children, parents, grandparents, teachers and librarians.
Recommended to Patricia by: Goodreads.
I bought Pretty Dolls for my grandchildren but I'm keeping at my house because I like it myself. LOL. I can always read it to them when they come to over for a visit or take it with me when I visit them. Also, as they get older I'm sure they'll want to read it themselves. They already love it, especially the beautiful colourful illustrations and the audio tape that comes as a free download with the book.

This is a lovely story and a great way to show children right from wrong through the action o...more
Nicole
I received this book from a Goodreads giveaway…

What drew me to this book to begin with is the cover. The illustrations are beautiful throughout the book, and are a huge attention grabber!

This is the story of a doll named Gracie, loved by her little girl, but hated by the other dolls for being the favorite. It reminded me of how my own daughter has two kinds of toys…the scratched up ones that get dragged everywhere, and the “beautiful” ones that sit on a shelf and look pretty. Forgive the analogy...more
Serena Yates
Fun to read, with pictures that fit the story really well, this is a wonderful book about being accepted and making friends. There is a lesson in it for everyone, and kids will pick up and understand it easily.

If you're looking for a book to teach very young ids about accepting and liking those that are different form themselves, this is a goo one to pick.
Eddie Grooms
Eddie Grooms marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2013
Melea
Melea marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2012
Stephanie Hirsch
Stephanie Hirsch marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2012
Criss
Criss marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2012
T.C. Booth
T.C. Booth marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2012
Marcia
Marcia marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2012
Debbie Emory
Debbie Emory marked it as to-read
May 26, 2012
Fiona (Titch) Hunt
Fiona (Titch) Hunt marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2012
Rhonda Martin
Rhonda Martin marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2012
Lolis
Lolis marked it as to-read
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Kathrine
Kathrine marked it as to-read
Amber Dickens
Amber Dickens marked it as to-read
Karen French
Karen French marked it as to-read
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Shellee
Shellee marked it as to-read
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Geri
Geri marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2012
Goodreads Authors...: Pretty Dolls Now Available on Kindle 1 4 Apr 30, 2012 10:14AM
Children's Book A...: Award-Winning Children's Book Now Available on Kindle 1 3 Apr 30, 2012 10:12AM
KidLit: Glad to Join... 1 9 Apr 26, 2012 10:08AM
Goodreads Authors...: Best Children's Book of the Year by Reader Views 1 3 Apr 24, 2012 10:18AM
Goodreads Authors...: Book Review 1 17 Feb 27, 2012 07:39PM
Children's Book A...: Book Review 1 16 Feb 27, 2012 06:12PM
Goodreads Authors...: New Review on Kiddie Korner 1 4 Feb 22, 2012 06:36PM
An award-winning author and teacher, Kimberly Dana enjoys teaching writing to middle school students who give her much inspiration and insight into the world of tweendom. She is published by the National Council of Teachers of English and the recipient of several writing honors from Writers Digest and the Pacific Northwest Writers Association. Other affiliations include the Society of Children’s B...more
More about Kimberly Dana...
Cheerage Fearage Lucy and CeCee's How to Survive (and Thrive) in Middle School