Start by marking “Animal Attraction” as Want to Read:
Animal Attraction

Animal Attraction (Animal Magnetism #2)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  6,550 ratings  ·  472 reviews
Sunshine, Idaho, is a quiet ranching town that provides a perfect refuge for injured animals . . . and sometimes, people. And veterinarian Dell Connelly suspects there's a reason his clinic's uberefficient receptionist has taken shelter here.

Jade Bennett couldn't be happier to escape her well-meaning but smothering family and their expectations, not to mention the big-city
MP3 CD
Published December 12th 2011 by Tantor Media (first published October 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Animal Attraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animal Attraction

Lisa

"How is that even possible?" she asked. "How come that's still so...amazing, every single time?"

He was still inside her, and getting hard again. "Animal attraction."

description

Jill Shalvis is my go to author when I want to read something funny, sweet, heart-warming and steamy. Animal Attraction is yet another reason why I love this author. It is the second book in Shalvis' Animal Magnetism series and it is another winner.

Hot playboy who has commitment issues.

description

Sexy office manager who is as guarded as she is
Saly
Every-time I pick up a Jill Shalvis contemporary, I don't think she can do any better, after all how high can I keep my expectations but I am proved wrong and man am I so glad for it.

Animal Attraction is the second book based in Sunshine, Idaho and this time our yummy hero is Dell, animal and woman whisperer and part owner of the vet clinic Bell Haven. And we get Jade, the one who runs their life and office ever since she showed up eighteen month ago, without any references and a look in the eye
Karla
I was sucked into the Hotness Vortex and I didn’t want to swirl out! Sunshine Idaho here I come. This book and that life are just what I need. Jill Shalvis writes a nice easy going romance. It has you feeling all kinds of good while you’re reading, and happy and content in the end. Dell and Jade were such a fun couple. I enjoyed their playful banter and sizzling romance! Oh, there is the usual thought process going on, does she want me, am I good enough for her and vice versa. There is a little ...more
Erika
parrot-1

Yes I loved Peanut! Peanut was definitely my favorite character in this book! Wait.. was it good if I liked Peanut more than the H/h?
But Peanut was fun and so adorable! I laughed everytime Peanut talked, although there are only about four to five lines in Peanut's head. Peanut should have had more appearance in the book... *sigh*
Why am I reviewing a parrot?

Parrot-2-1

Jade Bennett lives in her escapism as a secretary in Bell Haven animal clinic where she met her bos Dell Conelly. Jade is an independent a
Splage
This was nice and easy read, nothing earth shattering or intense, but a beautiful, caring love story. I actually liked this book better than the first. Jill Shalvis did a great job developing the H&h. Dell was so fun loving, at least on the surface, and the women loved him. You could feel the tension and jealousy rolling off of Jade every time she had to watch or schedule one of his dates. He definitely had some commitment and abandonment issues and he fought the pull between Jade and himsel ...more
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

It’s no secret that I love a strong alpha man. Who doesn’t? Take that alpha, make him a vet who will do anything to take care of any animal that comes his way, be it puppies, horses, kittens – he helps them all and puts them at ease. Jade, his receptionist, stands no chance against Dell, the man she’s worked the past 18 months for and who she describes as a “…dog whisperer, cat whisperer, horse whisperer, and known woman whisperer.”

Jade’s incredibly priv
Dee
I loved it!

It was very well written and easy to read with great characters and loveable animals. As well as having the romance it was also funny in parts that had me chuckling away.

I am looking forward to the release of Adam's story which is #3 in the series.

Kelly22
4.00 Stars - Contemporary Romance

This was another of Jill Shalvis’s beautiful lettering. With the first scene we forecast exactly what was going to happen. I feel that here begins yet another story portraying yet another Shalvis’s irresistible hero who knows how to get the girl and steal the show like nobody’s business. You get to predict how might the story press on and what will happen in the end. The guy gets the girl. No surprise there. But the way Shalvis tells the story? Big surprise and y
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in Jill Shalvis' Animal Magnetism series. A wonderful read. Maybe not quite as good as the previous book in the series, Animal Magnetism but still good. Both Jade and Dell have issues and neither really wants to talk them out. That got to be a little irritating, along with the fact Jade has said she's leaving soon and Dell never asks her to stay. Still a sweet emotional read with some great four-legged secondary characters that really steal your heart.
Amber
As the first one, this book has a hot hero, nice, somewhat tortured heroine, and cute little animals. I was all set to give this book five stars, not that it was exactly mind blowing, but just that it was so darn enjoyable to read. In fact, it reminded me a lot of another Jill Shalvis five-star, Simply Irresistible, except the hero had his own demons this time around (which is better).

Until the last quarter, where it didn't fall apart exactly, but it definitely derailed. (view spoiler)
Shawna
Jul 21, 2014 Shawna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animals-matter, contemporary-romance, jill-shalvis, small-town-lovin, im-a-cover-hottie-ho, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, series-animal-magnetism, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, all-work-no-play-on-the-job-romance, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, hero-or-heroine-native-american, friends-to-lovers, hero-player-manwhore-sex-addict, heroine-sassy-full-of-attitude, heroine-redhead, heroine-classy-lady, hh-love-commitment-marriage-phobic, hero-flirt-charmer-ladies-man, doctor-or-nurse-in-the-house-shrink, heroine-miss-independent, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, hh-post-traumatic-stress-disorder, hh-biracial-multiracial, 2014-reads, 4-to-5-stars, best-friendships, best-secondary-characters-ensemble, best-snarkasm-humor, best-wittiest-banter-dialogue, favorite-romance-series, feel-good-read-pick-me-upper, heartwarming, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-affable-lovable-rogue, hero-alpha, hero-commoner-self-made, hero-entrepreneur-mogul-tycoon-ceo, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, hero-gentleman, hero-mix-of-alpha-beta, hero-nice-guy-gets-the-girl, hero-reformed-rake-player, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, heroine-beautiful-bombshell, hero-wrong-side-of-the-tracks, hh-rags-to-riches, hh-resist-cause-im-no-good-for-you, hh-sweet-nice-paired-vs-gruff-cynic, humorous-at-times-or-fluffy-fun, i-read-library, steam-4-smokin, steam-3-hot, sweet-romance-left-smile-on-my-face, hh-interracial-romance, hh-vet-animal-field-trainer-rescue
4 ½ stars – Contemporary Romance

Such a cute, sweet, fun, feel-good read! I love this series!
~J~ Riverina Romantics
The first book in this series was my first Jill Shalvis read - and I was blow away.
It was refreshing and so romantic I wanted to go to bed early in the hopes that I would have sweet dreams.

Animal Attraction was very similar - not quite as romantic as the first in my opinion as it took a little longer to get down to the good stuff- but very similar in the storyline. In Animal Magnetism the hero is the one leaving in a certain amount of days so the casual fling that turns into love is ruined by hi
Lady Heather

Read it in one day....Yup it was that good!!!

Couldn't put this story down.. okay only when I had to work, and feed my family....and sleep, but other than that all my free time was spent DEVOURING this story!

I found it better than the first, possibly because the characters were all introduced in the first book, and the second book just developed their characters further.

The writing, story, and characters were amazing, and once again Ms. Shalvis's storytelling had me laughing one minute, and all t
Anne OK
Jill Shalvis can always put a smile on my face. She just plots delightful circumstances for her characters to immerse themselves in and share a hot and sizzling romance, as well as zing each other with clever and hilarious dialogue. I loved Dell and Jade - thought they made a super match. Of course, it was fun seeing Lilah and Brady again. Looking forward to Adam's story to see if Jill can give him the HEA he so deserves. Last but not least, all those adorable little animals stole my heart. I lo ...more
Jaci Burton
Another great contemporary romance from Jill Shalvis. Funny, romantic, with deep emotional impact, with two deeply scarred characters who find each other and break through their barriers to fall in love. Jill just gets better with every book. I loved this one. And it has dogs and cats and parrots and if you're an animal lover, you can't go wrong with with this book (the hot guys don't hurt either *g*)
Sara  ~Sphunky~
I loved this book (and the first one in the series too)! I love how she builds the characters and the relationship between them and the secondary characters. I hope this series continues for a while (I'm sure Adam's story is next). These books are my idea of a perfect blend of romance, steam, and humor.
Hannah
This review might be a little bit spoilery. Read at your own risk.

I struggled to decide what star rating to give this book. Parts of it frustrated me so much that I started screaming at the characters, so I finally decided to give it two stars instead of three.

I just couldn't sympathize with Dell's thoughtlessness and self-centerness. He made a habit of using women like objects, and never did he stop to think of how many women he might have hurt in the past. We never saw him apologize to any of
Norma
Had a super-stressful week and then was without a car for my two days off , so the hubby said I should buy myself a book so I would feel better. :)

This was a really cute and fun book. I just love Jill Shalvis's voice. She has such wonderful sense of humor (totally read her blog and facebook posts) and it really comes across in her books and in her characters.

We met Dell and Jade in book one. They are both terrific characters. I loved seeing Lilah and Brady and getting to know Adam a little bette
Judi
Welcome back to Sunshine Idaho where this time around we get Dell and Jade’s story in Animal Attraction, the 2nd book in the series by Jill Shalvis. We briefly met Dell and Jade in book 1 and got a little taste of what was to come between these two.

Jade’s the epitome of Ms. Organization, is a tad OCD and runs Dell’s vet clinic with the efficiency of a drill sergeant. She escaped to Sunshine eighteen months ago after an attack at gunpoint shook her to the core in her hometown of Chicago. But now
Carrie
3/30/12 Revisiting the book in audio, narrated by Karen White.
4 atars Grade B+
Enjoyed the story as much the second time around. The manipulative family issues didn't bother me as much this time because I already knew they aren't a big part of the story.

Oct 17, 2011- Rating for print edition 4 stars. Review below.

Animal Attraction started off, not slow exactly, but without grabbing my attention. That changed partway through the book as the story moved to a more serious tone. Once my emotions were
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Oct 12, 2012 Michelle [Helen Geek] rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone .. one of my FAVORITE authors..
**** ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION COMING SOON ****

Overall Rating: 3.7
Book Cover / Book Blurb = 3 / 3 = total of 3
Writer’s Voice = 4
Character Development = 4
Story Appreciation = 4.5
Worth the Chili = 3 [$7.99 on Amazon and B&N]

I love this author and had this series on my “TBR” file for forever. I really enjoyed Dell’s story. I think Jade was just the right mix of sexy, touch and vulnerable. And, you add animals or children and you have a great recipe for me.

Three things I liked about this b
ßk☼lvr
3.5 STARS

Receptionist Jade: Haunted by an attack that happened to her over a year ago, runs to a new town, a new job, and hopefully a new life she thinks will cure her constant fear.

Veterinarian Dell: Haunted by a past that didn't seem to want him, or care for him. Making it difficult for him to give what he's never learned, or thought himself worthy of.

Luckily, what brought these two together...

...their mutual love of animals, and the will to want overcome what holds them back.

The mutual need
Danielle

Jill Shalvis delivers another witty romance that was more than enjoyable to read. I couldn't get enough of this amazing story. Not only do the characters capture you, but the animals do as well.

Jade Bennett has a past that she has left behind and came to Sunshine to start over, but family is important to her and they need her. Jade's time at the vet clinic is coming to an end. She has given them her notice but what she doesn't realize is that leaving the life she has grown to love just might be
Duchess Nicole
Sweet contemporary with the tiniest bit of angst. Just a couple of normal people with normal problems finding each other and learning to live with everyday issues. Of course, there are lots of furry creatures, and as an animal lover, it made me love our hero that much more! Gotta love a man who can snuggle a kitten! And I love how Jade refers to his sweet talking as 'woman whispering.' Good quick read if you need a few laughs and predictable happy ever after.
Joan
Sweet easy read. Liked Dell and Jade together. Enjoyed seeing the brotherly friendship between Adam and Dell. Wouldn't mind reading about Sam. ;)
AnniLuvs
Very enjoyable feel-good contemporary romance featuring a lot of animals/pets! Enjoyed the humor and the secondary characters (including the non-human variety).

This is the first book I've read by this author and it won't be my last! This is a funny, well-written contemporary romance between an office manager and a very busy country veterinarian. The characterizations are done very well and felt like real people. Now I want to read the first book in this series which features Lilah and Brady. I i
Becs
Jill Shalvis is one of the hottest contemporary romance writers around at this moment and it seems she can do no wrong and Animal Attraction is no exception.

I've been looking forward to this having enjoyed Animal Magnetism so much and wasn't disappointed with Dell and Jade's story.

Jade has suffered a traumatic experience back in the city which is revealed to us slowly during the story and is in Sunshine, Idaho working a job way below her paygrade in an attempt to escape her PTSD. She's working a
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Jill Shalvis is known for her small town romances where she is able to infuses such heart and heat into one of her books – ANIMAL ATTRACTION is no exception!

Jade Bennett escapes her past when she comes to Sunshine, Idaho but instead her problems are of another matter when her boss, Dell Connelly snags her attention. As a veterinarian, Dell has that soft-hearted thing going on along with this roughened exterior. Put that together and it makes for a very appealing hero.
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
A strong alpha who adores animals and is catnip to women. A heroine who is running from her past add in some Beans and a peanut and you have a sweet romance.

Description:

Jade Bennett couldn't be happier to escape her past for the quiet ranching town of Sunshine, Idaho. Plus, there's nothing like working for veterinarian Dell Connelly. And though Dell has no intention of settling down, Jade's strength and sass are enticements no red-blooded male can resist.

My Thoughts:

I read this via Audiobook. Na
Bri
I was so, so disappointed by this book. :( After reading Jill's Lucky Harbor series, I was quickly hooked on her style of writing. I have read...dozens of her books. Animal Magnetism was my absolute favorite book by her, so you can imagine my excitement for the second in this series.

Final verdict? One huge letdown.

First, let's talk about the errors this book was riddled with. I felt like I got an early draft version rather than the final book. Extra words, incorrect use of than/then, punctuatio
  • Bad Boys Do (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #2)
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish
  • Going Cowboy Crazy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #1)
  • Sugar Creek (Destiny, #2)
  • Suddenly You
  • Slow Ride (Fast Track, #5)
  • Playing Dirty (Sisterhood Diaries, #3)
  • Serendipity (Serendipity, #1)
  • About That Night (FBI/US Attorney, #3)
  • Can't Hurry Love (Three Kisses, #3)
  • Taken with You (Kowalski Family, #8)
  • Lumberjack in Love
  • Breaking Point (I-Team, #5)

Look for Jill's latest, ONE IN A MILLION, on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website fo
More about Jill Shalvis...
Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)

“What? Get tired of the way he looks at me as if I'm his entire life? Get over the fact that for the first time ever, someone wants me for me? That the man somehow actually enjoys making me happy?"
Jade stared at her. "The ice cream..."
"I'll buy a lifetime supply of ice cream. Hell, I'll even pretend he's right some of the time... it's worth it. He's worth it. And you know what? So am I.”
9 likes
“Boner," Peanut said.

"Oh no," Jade said to the parrot. "No, no, no...you can't say-

"Boner"

"Oh G-d" Jade panicked. "Peanut-"

"Pretty bird," Dell broke in, smiling at the parrot and speaking low and soft. "Such a pretty girl, Peanut."

Peanut preened under his admiring tone. "Pretty Peanut.”
4 likes