Start by marking “Book of Ruth” as Want to Read:
Book of Ruth

Book of Ruth

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The Book of Ruth-A Story of Love and Redemption is published by Christian Daily Resources. It is a Daily Bible Reading Study of the book of Ruth. The characters in the book of Ruth deal with loss, lack, and romance.

Even though Ruth is a Moabite, she decides to follow her mother-in-law, Naomi back to her homeland of Judah, which is the promised land. Through their many tria...more
Kindle Edition
Published by Amazon Digital Services (first published October 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Book of Ruth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Book of Ruth

Jen
I enjoyed the synopsis of each chapter of Ruth and the author following it up with the actual chapter int he Bible. What I didn't enjoy were the questions at the end. They were rather simplistic to the point of being insulting, asking who the characters were, where they came from or were going; questions along those lines. After the simplistic questions, came the "deep" thought questions, along the lines of "have you given your heart to Jesus", etc. I am paraphrasing, as I do not have the work i...more
Sally Beaudean
I liked the way the Bible verses were first explained in modern, easy to understand language. Next the reader is provided the actual Biblical text. I should have checked, but I believe it uses the King James Version. Finally, the reader is given some questions to consider. It is in this question part that I was disappointed. In almost every case the questions were simple "fact" questions, requiring little thought or challenge. I always hope for a Bible study that will delve deeply into the Word....more
Deborah H.
Apr 26, 2012 Deborah H. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Deborah H. Bateman is the author of The Book of Ruth-A Story of Love and Redemption. She enjoyed studying the book of Ruth and sharing it with others through writing this book. There are so many life lessons in this book. You will see God's hand at work throughout the lives of the characters in this book. It will help you to see God's provision and sovereignty in your own life.
Deborah Bateman
The Book of Ruth-A Story of Love and Redemption is a
Daily-Bible-Reading study of The Book of Ruth.It is perfect for a Daily Devotional or a group Bible study class. It is an eight lesson study. Each lesson consists of a commentary, the scripture, a prayer, and points of reflection or discussion.

Deborah H. Bateman is the Author

Amanda Beth
This is a great daily devotional. It’s not too long. It’s only 7 lessons, so you can read one a day for a week. Deborah does a remarkable job bringing to light details we often overlook in the book of Ruth that relate to the New Testament and our relationship with Christ. You will be inspired by this book!
Margaret
A very short book, not without merit, but mostly it just explains the story of Ruth in the Bible, often using the Bible's own words. It might be good to use with a junior high Sunday School as it does have questions at the end of each chapter, but I found nothing new.
Wendy Sparkes
Ruth is one of my favourite books of the Bible & I have read lots of books about it over the years. While I didn't pick up anything new this time, it was nice to take another little look at this wonderful story of redemption in this 8 day devotional.

Jared
Could have been better, but I wasn't expecting much. Good summary of the book of Ruth and one person's interpretation of it.
Margaret Fraleigh
Awesome book ... made understanding the Book of Ruth easier.

Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Crissy Voyles
Crissy Voyles marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Kristi
Kristi marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Reba Campbell
Reba Campbell marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Garnett Wilson
Garnett Wilson marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Islandgirl
Islandgirl marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Tami Bunch
Tami Bunch marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Book of Esther: A Story of Love and Favor Beatitudes: How to Live a Blessed Life Finding Our Identity in Christ The Book of Ezra: A Story of Provision and Protection (Daily-Bible-Reading Series) Psalm 119: Thy Word is a Lamp unto My Feet (Daily-Bible-Reading Series)