Start by marking “The Vampire Stalker” as Want to Read:
The Vampire Stalker

The Vampire Stalker

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  5,059 ratings  ·  773 reviews
Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Amy is in love with Alexander Banks, a brooding, handsome vampire hunter. There's just one problem: He doesn't exist. Alexander is the hero in a series of popular vampire novels, and Amy has breathlessly followed all his fictional adventures.

Then, late one night, fiction becomes reality.

Amy meets a boy who bears an eerie resemblance
Published June 1st 2012 by Point (first published June 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire Stalker, please sign up.

Christina i didn't reach the end can just know if you say that it needs more and that it's not possible to finish that or it cant end like this. i told…morei didn't reach the end can just know if you say that it needs more and that it's not possible to finish that or it cant end like this. i told i didn't reach the end but i think Alexander will date Amy and then he finds a way to go to Other-world or he falls deep in love with Amy and he cant leave her or Amy goes with him. but if she goes with him they have to tell us what happens to her there. But i promise when i reach the i will send you a message by saying:
i finished ________ and my thoughts about the ending are______.(less)

Feb 15, 2012 Demo rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Authors who don't mind being haunted in their dreams
Recommended to Demo by: A nun
This book gives me nightmares.

It is absolutely, undeniably, terrifying, to the point where it scares moi. (which is getting pretty hard to do anymore, unless you're an undead Japanese girl.) I have never been so horrified and shaken more by any book in my entire life.

So you may be wondering why this isn't in the horror genre... That's because what I find so disturbing in this book is not the plot, but the concept.

Think about it. What if fictional characters were real? Sure, you could go have
Emily May

I admit that I would never have read this if it wasn't a part of my goodreads group's Travelling Book Tour, but I'm pleased to find that I am not left with that feeling of "I've just wasted several hours of my life". However, this novel is so full of ups and downs it's almost impossible to rate and, despite the relatively low rating, it was a rather light, easy and not entirely unenjoyable read.

The book is (literally) dedicated to a specific type of reader - and you know who you are. Are you
I don't believe it!!!!I have dreamt that Bones(my top favourite Vamp)comes to life like a thousand times so far...i am so gonna read this book and be prepared just in case...:)
Alexander Banks was in the middle of pursuing his vampire enemy, Vigo Skaar when they both suddenly found themselves in a different Chicago than the one they were just in.

It's after saving Amy Hawthorne from Vigo's attack that he learns where he is at.

Just a week ago, Amy and her friends were obsessing over the release of the second book in the Otherworld series. Now Amy cannot believe Alexander Banks really just saved her life. Until he shows her scars only the real Alexander would have.

There is nothing I wouldn’t give or do to have my book boyfriend Noah Shaw (Unbecoming of Mara Dyer) to come out of the pages of the book.
I want to see him in front of me.
I want to see all his gorgeous face, touch his firm muscles and… moving on.
I might say something totally X-rated.
Hahaha. Just kidding.
Anyhow, the main character in this book, Amy, got her wish. *Lucky Her!*

Amy was a huge fan the Otherworld series.
She and her friends and about a million of other girls are going gaga for the Ot
Before: My god! this sounds totally amazing! how many times haven't I dreamt one of my loved characters became real! :O Must read this...

After: I liked it. It was nice and an easy read but I just felt that the idea -which is awesome- could have gone much farther, be more developed, like it was kind of wasted. The first time I knew of this book I though the main character, Amy, would have been older and I so I expected the story to have gone more places and be more elaborated..maybe even a series
The Vampire Stalker is a cute, sweet and ridiculously entertaining story with an orginal concept. It brings a whole new meaning to making the characters come alive....literally.
Recommended to readers with an open mind and who can go with the flow as well as those who are looking for a fun, light and easy escape.
Really cute!
Vickie Wilson
As long as you're not planning on taking this book seriously, you're going to have a lot of fun. I certainly did! At first I was a bit iffy, what with the main character being as gushy as she is over Alexander, even when he was fictional but I got used to her pretty quickly.

The world itself is rather silly! The police and the rest of Chicago don't act as people would in today's world, it's all a bit OTT and the bad guy is as scary as pink toilet paper but that doesn;t matter. Because it's all v

It's more than obvious that The Vampire Stalker was written for a specific type of reader, but for those of you who don't spend hours daydreaming about certain fictional male characters, you can still enjoy this book nonetheless.

I can't decide whether or not The Vampire Stalker is actually young adult. I'm thinking more so middle grade-ish. While the concept definitely fits YA, there was also quite a bit of juvenile dialogue and toned down gory scenes.

You will probably find Amy to be a very
(not to hand in)
Just finished reading The vampire stalker.I had to read this book because it was chosen to be one of the top 20 nominees of 2013's Red Maple Reading program.There's really nothing to hate about this book except one thing. There should be a second book to this! Showing what happens after all the trauma and happy endings.
When I first began reading this book,I thought it would be another twilight impostor, but it wasn't even close to what i'd thought it would have been. This book ma
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

There are a number of different factors that can cause a reader to buy a book: the cover, the author, the description, or maybe a good review. With THE VAMPIRE STALKER, it was a single sentence concept: A character from a popular vampire series steps out of the book and into heroines' reality. That’s it. I didn’t need to see the cover (which is perfect), I didn’t need to know who the author was (this was my first book by van Diepen), and I didn’t even n
Don’t ‘cha just hate it when a book you’re looking forward to turns out to be a disappointment?

When I first heard about this book a few months ago, I really wanted to read it - I’m not sure why. It just sounded like it would be really fun and interesting and different from other YA paranormal books out right now.

In the end, the book was entertaining but it wasn’t anything more than that and it is one that I’ll probably have forgotten I even read within a day or two.

I didn’t like the writing at a
"Did you kick their butts?"
He frowned. "The buttocks are among the least sensitive places to hit someone."
I laughed. "It's a figure of speech."
"To kick butts. Interesting.”

The Vampire Stalker is a wonderfully unique read with romance, humour and mystery.

Amy is definitely relate-able to us book lovers. I mean we all have crushes on fictional characters every now and then don't we? I also really liked her personality; she is caring, kind and selfless. This is what I look for in a heroine - I'm no
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
The premise of this book is absolutely fantastic and I'm sure that a lot of readers will be able to answer with a definite yes to this books tagline - 'Ever been in love with a boy in a book?' - I know that I can. If you like vampires and/or you've ever had a crush on a fictional character, this is something that you might enjoy.

Full marks to the author for the idea of this book, it sounds really interesting and did make me pick up this book immediately. There were a few issues that I had with t
The Vampire Stalker hadn't elicited any huge expectations for me when I first found out about it. I was intrigued by what I'd heard and read about it, but there wasn't this blinding need to read it. After taking the time to do so, I'd have to say that I enjoyed it and it will go on in my Guilty Pleasures Pile--something I liked, couldn't stop reading despite it's lack of an awesome or believable storyline, even though it's not something should like given that its not the most unique vampire stor ...more
This book was a mixture of a lot of ideas. While I was reading this book there were several movies that came to mind: Last Action Hero (bad guy in the book to totally reminded me of the bad guy in this movie), Stranger Than Fiction, Kate & Leopold. Whew that was a lot. I thought this was a cute story and the concept of the plot was very intriguing; boy you are totally crushing on comes to life from the books you absolutely adore (swoon time). The main problem that I had was some of the unbel ...more
The book pulled me in at the beginning ultimately because people such as me (book lovers) can relate the moment they begin reading while Amy tells us about her love for a fictional character and how she is awaiting the release of the next book in the series. I believe we have all had a crush on one book character or another and this one really gives us a chance to see a girl actually get a chance to meet the boy she has fallen in love with before they even meet in person.

Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
I was hooked on this story from the moment I met it's main character Amy. Like many of us, Amy has her favorite book series that she obsesses over. When she's not reading the book she hits the forums to talk about her favorite fictional crush, and about what's going to happen in the upcoming release. Not that I could even remotely relate to this *cough, cough* Like any obsessed fan who can't wait to get our hands on the next sequel of our favorite series, Amy and her friends meet up early one mo ...more
You know the kinds of book series that you are thinking about constantly? The ones that you would not mind at all waiting in a line forever to be the first to get the new installment or to get your book signed? Series like The Twilight Saga, Harry Potter, The Mortal Instruments, The Hunger Games (which I still have yet to read...). Now imagine Edward Cullen (because Jacob is a sorry excuse for a point on a love triangle), Harry Potter, Jace Wayland, or your favorite Hunger Games character appear ...more
Sep 28, 2012 Torzilla marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition

I had a very difficult time getting into this book. The premise made it sound awesome. Who wouldn't want to read a book where a girl meets the hero from a novel within the world she lives in? I thought the story and romance was going to be amazing because it was such a unique idea.

Problem was, this read way too much like a bad fanfiction. There was way too much telling way too early in the novel, and since I was not invested yet, I did not care about the fictional universe set within this w
Book Whales
Originally posted @ Book Whales

Have you ever been in love with a fictional character?

Definitely! I’ve fell in love with at least one character in every book I’ve read and when I found out about The Vampire Stalker’s Synopsis, I can’t help but feel excited. I was glad I found a book about fictional characters coming to life.
We all know Amy, the protagonist of the story, has been in-love with Hot Vampire Hunter, Alexander Banks. But she never expected the sudden turn of events when she was saved
Feb 06, 2013 Sam rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Khwahish, Lily, Melanie, Tanya
Recommended to Sam by: Sabreena, Prishni
Red Maple # 2:

For my second Red Maple, I read 'The Vampire Stalker', written by Allison van Diepen.

When Amy (the protagonist) meets Alexander Banks she doesn't know what to believe. That's because he couldn't be real; either that or he was in a costume. He resembles 'the' Alexander Banks from a novel; in a, charming, handsom, brave way, that is. Alexander Banks comes to life from Elizabeth Howard's popular vampire novels in search of Vigo; a blood-sucking, gory, ruthless vampire (antagonist),
I Knew the moment i saw the dedication "For Those of you who have ever fallen in love with a character in a book" that i would fall in love with this book and boy was i right ....

from the very first page i was enchanted and wrapped up in the story line i could bearly peel my eyes off my kindle!

The Characters are entertaining and totally realatable... I have often dreamt of and been in love with the Characters in books that i am reading hence my page's profile pic "Boys in Books are just better"
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Genre: Paranormal Romance
*Rating* 4.0

The Vampire Stalker, by Allison Van Diepen, is the story of 16-year old Amy Hawthorne who is an obsessed book lover and follower of Alexander Banks Otherworld series. Banks is a vampire hunter who lives in an alternative realty Chicago where vampires came out in the 1920’s and human evolution and technological advancement stopped on a dime. It is where vampires own the night, and humans only go out during the day time.

In Amy’s Chicago, vampires aren’t
Honestly, I'm surprised there aren't more books like this. I mean, how many of us have fallen in love with a character before? Most of us. Between Harry Potter, Twilight, and Mortal Instruments, most of us has had a crush on at least one guy in a book.

Having that certain guy cross over from the land of the imaginary to our world sounds like it'd be pretty sweet (the jury's still out on whether or not I actually want that to happen, after seeing what happened to Amy). I thought it was a truly awe
Allison van Diepen has got to be one of the most underrated YA writers of this generation. Her fiction always sparkles with originality even if it has to do with cliched plots like this one.

I always loved metafiction. I love that this is a story within a story. Like always, Van Diepen doesn't shy away from giving readers all the information. her books are always packed with back story and drama and the same thing goes with the fictional Otherworld books. She's got it all figured out and that's
I've read this book alright, like 3 years ago but I've read it. I'm also quite sure I'm enjoyed it. I'm going to be soon reading her On the Edge, so if I like it, I'll be rereading this to remember what it's actually about. I remember the bone structure of the book but not exactly all of it.
Kennedy Simpson
The protaginoes in the story are Amy, Alexzander, and Vigo. The conflict in this story is that Vigo (an evil vampire) Is in the real Chicago instead of the otherwrld Chicago (2 different dimensions) Vigo is killing humans and Alexzander has to stop Vigo from murdering humans. I actually felt like this book was a page turner, even though in the beginning its quite uninteresting it gets better and better by each chapter. When you get further into the book you cant stop reading. I loved this book i ...more
Pahi Rulzz
This book is, to put it simply, every girl's dream come true. I mean, who wouldn't want the fictional character they've fallen for to come to life? Also, the concept of 'literary physics' is original. And nice. But also, creepy. But this author does get brownie points for originality.

However, what disappointed me was how far it could have gone and what it actually turned out to be. I liked the ending, don't get me wrong. (view spoiler)
Empecemos mostrando la encantadora dedicatoria que nos hace la autora, por favor:
"For those of you who have ever fallen in love with a character in a book"

¡Maravillosa! ¿No?

¿Cómo empiezo sin explayarme? Porque, creanme, quiero explayarme con este lindo libro.

Bueno, ¿de qué trata? La historia nos introduce a Amy, una chica amante de la lectura que es fan de una serie de libros de vampiros llamada Otherworld. Su personaje favorito es Alexander Banks, el frío y genial cazador de vampiros que quiere
what does everyone think of this book? 2 2 Nov 23, 2015 01:44PM
Alexander or James? 22 44 Dec 10, 2013 03:21PM
  • Vampire Crush
  • Crush. Candy. Corpse.
  • Testify
  • Surrender  (Haunting Emma, #3)
  • Slayed
  • Afterlife (A Discovery of Vampires, #1)
  • Bloodspell (The Cruentus Curse series, #1)
  • Drink, Slay, Love
  • The Tiffin
  • Throat
  • Jessica Rules the Dark Side (Jessica, #2)
  • Ripple
  • Damned (Crusade, #2)
  • Dare (Greystone, #2)
  • First Descent
  • Vampyre Kisses (The Last Witch, #1)
  • A Killer First Date  (Drake Chronicles #3.5)
  • After Midnight (The Youngbloods, #1)
Allison van Diepen is the author of seven teen novels: Takedown, Street Pharm, Snitch, Raven, The Oracle of Dating, The Oracle Rebounds, and The Vampire Stalker. Her novels have been named ALA Quick Picks for Reluctant Readers and New York City Public Library Books for the Teen Age.

Her new book, ON THE EDGE, is coming in November 2014 from Harper Teen.
More about Allison van Diepen...

“I must do whatever I can to find the best partners possible."
"Did you kick their butts?"
He frowned. "The buttocks are among the least sensitive places to hit someone."
I laughed. "It's a figure of speech."
"To kick butts. Interesting.”
“How sad that I felt more of a connection to a fictional character than to a guy in real life.” 44 likes