Your Eight O'Clock Is Dead

Your Eight O'Clock Is Dead

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Becca Reynolds is having a bad day. But her day takes a turn for the worse when she finds the fledgling psychiatric firm's 8 o'clock patient dead in the waiting room. Becca appoints herself the unofficial investigator since the police seem to be doing a really bad job of finding the murderer.
Published (first published October 26th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Your Eight O'Clock Is Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Eight O'Clock Is Dead

Carol DeVaney
Jan 16, 2012 Carol DeVaney rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Comedy and Mystery readers
In the vein of the funniest writers available, Kat Jorgensen has presented us with a witty, delightful read, and a combination of zany characters. Becca's granddad is memorable and his antics had me laughing from the moment he hit the pages! I tried, but couldn't guess the villain, and was pleasantly surprised at the ending. If you love a great mystery, Your Eight O'Clock is Dead, will entertain for hours. I can't wait for book two to hit the shelves. Kudos to Ms Jorgensen on her first book in t...more
Cindy Vine
A cast of characters to die for, a plot with twists and turns, humor that will have you chuckling out loud - I loved Your eight o'clock is dead. There definitely was no better way for me to spend a Sunday afternoon, than to chomp my way through this delightful mystery.
Kat Jorgensen has the ability to take a ditsy receptionist and turn her into an ace detective while still making her investigation attempts farcical. Every character played their role superbly to make this book a great read!
Janet
This was a fun read. The writing was humorus, but not silly. The plot had twists and turns and kept me guessing. Looking forward to this authors 2nd book.
Sara
Fun, fast, read...and not too predictable that it kept me guessing..
Samantha Janning
Kat Jorgensen is on tour with Your Eight O’Clock is Dead at CLP Blog Tours. Becca Reynolds doesn’t have a good start to her morning when she is late for work, ruins patient files with the oil from biscuit breakfast, and oh yes – finds a dead client in the waiting room. Becca works as an office manager (not really, but she think it sounds better than “gopher” or “door mat,” at a struggling psychiatrists office, and the murder only makes things worse for business. Becca, in danger of losing her on...more
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com

I cannot begin to express how much joy YOUR EIGHT O'CLOCK IS DEAD has brought me. I absolutely loved this book from cover to cover. Becca, the main character, is somebody that I would love to have as a friend. I can only imagine all of shenanigans she and I could get into together. Becca is witty, loveable and idealistic. The minute I finished reading this book I immediately looked to see when book two is due out (Jorgensen is busy working on it now!) Jorgensen has created a story with a main ch...more
Angela
This book was written by a friend of mine and it's my normal genre. I would call it a light hearted murder mystery with a funny, bumbling lead character. The things I didn't like about it were all related to the genre so I'll stick to the things I did like. The characters were a bit comical (in a good way) and I did find myself laughing out loud a few times. The "stick your foot in your mouth" moments were awkward and fun at the same time. With it being the first book in a series I think Kat has...more
Diana Gail
Couldn't finish. I don't like the main character enough to care.
Kimberly
Fun Book. Actually had me laugh out loud, which is something I find rare. Did get slow at some parts - but really hope there's a sequel because the characters are so well developed that I want to see them again.
Darlene
I picked this up through Smashwords so when I say that this is 'loanable' that is only for the Amazon version.
Pam
I just could not stay with this one. Sad. I was hoping for some Richmond flavor.
Mary

Fun read. Zany characters.
Brittany Burns
Brittany Burns marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Nancy Osberg-otrembiak
Nancy Osberg-otrembiak marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Meotzi
Meotzi marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I write mysteries set in Richmond, Va. The series is called The River City Mystery Series. Book 1 is out now and is called "Your Eight O'Clock Is Dead."

I live in Richmond with my husband and cranky cat.
More about Kat Jorgensen...