Hollyleaf's Story

Hollyleaf's Story (Warriors Novellas)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  968 ratings  ·  39 reviews
When Hollyleaf disappeared in the tunnels by the Lake, ThunderClan believed she was gone forever. But her adventure was only beginning . . .

Lost and lonely, Hollyleaf soon meets a mysterious cat named Fallen Leaves, who teaches her how to live in the tunnels. Hollyleaf tries to be happy, but she can't help wondering if leaving her Clanmates was the right choice. Hollylea...more
Published March 13th 2012 by HarperCollins

Into the Wild by Erin HunterBluestar's Prophecy by Erin HunterCrookedstar's Promise by Erin HunterThe Darkest Hour by Erin HunterThe Last Hope by Erin Hunter
Warrior Cats
30th out of 51 books — 45 voters
Spell Bound by Rachel HawkinsOut of Sight, Out of Time by Ally CarterDefiance by Shelly CraneFair Game by Patricia BriggsGoing Under by Georgia Cates
Best books of March, 2012
25th out of 73 books — 235 voters

More lists with this book...

Bryn

I'm very very glad that Hollyleaf survived. But it's kind of sad that her clan doesn't know she's alive, and it's very upsetting that she had to kill Ashfur. But I hope she falls in love with Fallen Leaves. I'm also very glad that she can help her clan by finding different herbs to help the medicine cat.
Emily Weller
I think this book was very great. It showed how Hollyleaf lived and felt after running away from her problems and ThunderClan. I especially loved how the author, Erin Hunter, included Fallen Leaves in the story to care, teach, and help Hollyleaf along the way. Hollyleaf goes through a lot like being lost in tunnels, secretly aiding her clan, getting attacked by seemingly friendly foxes, and being homesick for the clan she had lived in since birth. I would definitely recommend this book to other...more
Joyce
Oh, Hollyleaf!!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!! This was such a good novella!!! It filled in, from Hollyleaf's point of view, what happened to her all those moons after she'd run into the tunnels and before she was brought back to ThunderClan.
When the tunnels collapsed, an injured Hollyleaf managed to make it out of the wreckage, and was saved by Fallen Leaves, who treated her with herbs, and provided her with food and a nest. After she was strong again, she started exploring and patrolling the tunnels with hi...more
Micheline

Hollyleaf's Story is an e-book exclusive Special Edition. Much like the other Warriors Special Editions it focuses on one specific character. In this case, it tells the tale of Hollyleaf during the time of her self inflicted exile from the clans. I think the reason it came out as an e-book exclusive is the fact that there really isn't enough material, or plot to make up a full sized book. Nonetheless it was an enjoyable if not entirely surprising story. Much of what takes place in this...more
Haley
Warning: If you have not read Warriors: Omen of the Stars; The Forgotten Warrior, then this review may contain some spoilers. In fact, this book contains spoilers! If you haven't read Warriors: Omen of the Stars; The Forgotten Warrior, then do not read this book!

*****************************************************

This is the story of Hollyleaf. When the tunnels collapsed on her, ThunderClan thought her to be dead. But she escaped, making a new life in those tunnels. She meets a cat named Fallen...more
Gabs
This was a nice tie-in to what Hollyleaf was doing between the time she went in the tunnels to the time she came back. It made for an interesting story, with Fallen Leaves playing a big part in it. (I loved that the Erin Hunters included him!) It wasn't a 'wow, I shall remember this forever' kind of book, but I enjoyed the overall story and will now read the rest of the Warriors novellas, since this one has fulfilled my expectations. That being said, I must say, I think this would have made a be...more
Christine
This book was merely so-so. I was rather disappointed about it, because not only was it extremely short, it also pretty much repeated the same things that went on during the main story-line, just from a different perspective.

I always liked Hollyleaf, but this book didn't do much justice to anyone. It has a lot of potential for character development and back-story for both herself and Fallen Leaves, but unfortunately not much happened at all. Even the events that coincided with her story and Clan...more
james claggett
I absolutely love this author

I loved this book because hollyleaf is in it she is my favorite character in the book series this also shows that the moral is that, no matter where you are or where you go you still have family, you can't always hide from the past because you must look towards the future in possibilities.(SPOILER ALERT) fallen leaves was growing a relationship with hollyleaf....=(
Cyzen Ciru
This was an awesome story about where Hollyleaf went after that one gathering. Very satisfying.
Faith

Well I read Hollyleaf's Story on my IPhone and I suppose that I like it. I kind of wished that Fallen Leaves would have told her that he was an Ancient and that he died in the tunnels, but maybe he didn't even know that he was dead. The voice of the story also seemed different. From what I know, Vicky wrote it instead of Cherith or Kate so that was expected... It had Warriors on the cover but it seemed more like a fan-fic to me. It was different and it definitely made me view Hollyleaf in a dif...more
Alice Qu
Even though this book was short, it told exactly what Hollyleaf as a runaway was thinking. How she missed her family and her friends. She was the one who secretly gave catmint to Jayfeather when they were running low. Hollyleaf has also met the dead cat, Fallen Leaves and practically became friends with him. Even though Hollyleaf has been with FAllen Leaves for many moons, she still does not know his true identity - a fallen Sharpclaw.
kimberly kamp irby
Amazing!

I love the storyline and how hollyleaf finds her true self. Erin Hunter is my favorite writer since J.K. Rowling!
Rica
This was a nice fast read. It was kind of sad to see it on eBook only but my Dad bought it for me. I found the interactions between Hollyleaf and Fallen Leaves entertaining, and though this book was kind of sad since Hollyleaf's 'incident', I found it very enjoyable. If you read the ending of Power of Three series and wondered if Hollyleaf is dead or alive, this is the book that explains it all.
Michelle E. Kobus
A short read, but still a bit longer than it needed to be when you consider most of the story is about Hollyleaf and Fallen Leaves alone in the tunnels, and most of the remainder is Hollyleaf alone outside the tunnels. It doesn't really contribute much to the overall storyline, but we learn how much Hollyleaf paid for her recklessness through lonliness, and it's nice to revisit the character.
Abby
For a short book and an ebook, it was pretty good. I noticed all of the similarities to the regular series and I really enjoyed Hollyleaf's account of what happened during her time in the tunnels.

This book makes me want to go back and read the old books again just so I can look out for her appearances.

All in all a very good book considering.
Sabrina
I seriously want to read this book but I can't find it. I've read most of the warriors books already but... Oh well, I don't bother explaining. Though I can tell it is a great book even if I haven't read it.
Lori
"This e-book is short, and falls back into Hunter's habit of excessively recounting prior events, but it does an effective job of filling in Hollyleaf's experiences and maturation during her time of self-exile from Thunderclan. It's a good bridge story to read after the first 4 or 5 books of the OotS cycle."
Crowleaf
I really liked it. It showed about how Hollyleaf felt about her parents more, how caring and thoughtful she was towards Fallen leaves, and how she felt she couldnt go back to the clan. (BTW-- I KNEW SHE WAS NEVER DEAD!)
Mary Mccants
Jun 13, 2012 Mary Mccants marked it as to-read
Shelves: sequels
ok, i havn't read the book, so don't say any thing if you comment, but i'm really angry that this is only for ebook. what about fans who read the books over and over again, but aren't in with the digital age?
Stephanie Allen
This was a much needed read about Hollyleaf. I really disliked her before she disappeared in the tunnels. When she came back, she seemed changed and I wanted to know why. This was a good filler.
Joey
Jul 08, 2012 Joey rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
Too short and basically yielded nothing new about Hollyleaf except that she's friends with Fallen Leaves. Never liked Hollyleaf anyway so I was kind of glad this book was so short.
Mika
omfg omfg omfg oH MY FUCKING GOD FDHJGHFGKH i can't wait to read this even though i can't read it until i get caught up with warriors but fgkjgfhg OH MY GOD YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Holli
I enjoyed reading this, as Hollyleaf is one of my favorite characters and I was really exited to see what happened to her after being trapped in the tunnels and led to her survival.
Carrie
I am almost finished this book, and I am over joyed that Hollyleaf is still alive! I wonder what is to become of Fallen Leaves and what is to become of Hollyleaf?
Savannah J.
As they all say, short but sweet! This was a replica of Hollyleaf's mind of why she killed Ashfur, and how she survived the mudslide. Must-read for Warriors fantics!
I guess I liked Hollyleafs story. It wasn't the same somehow. The style was different and it didn't seem like the Hollyleaf I used to know.
Susan Ferguson
I enjoyed this and am anticipating when it joins back to the series it's connected to. It is part of, yet separate from, the Power of Three series.
Nathaniel Guerrier
This book was really good. Hollyleaf didn't want to go back home to Thunderclan, But Fallen Leaves told her that she should, and she did.
Nice little story, tells what Hollyleaf was up to after her fall into the tunnels, during the time when she was presumed dead.
Terra
I would of liked if the auhtor had prolonged it a couple more chapters, but it did have a set ending. All in all, I loved it!
Warrior Cats Fore...: Hollyleaf's Story 5 14 Nov 01, 2013 08:07AM
  • The Tygrine Cat
  • Spirit Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #5)
  • Guardian Cats and the Lost Books of Alexandria
  • Clan Ground (The Named, #2)
  • Varjak Paw
  • The Wild Road (The Wild Road, #1)
  • The Familiars (The Familiars, #1)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Scream of the White Bears
  • The Grand Escape (Cat Pack #1)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of four people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Gillian Philip, and Tui Sutherland, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As well as having a grea...more
More about Erin Hunter...
Into the Wild (Warriors, #1) Fire and Ice (Warriors, #2) Forest of Secrets (Warriors, #3) The Darkest Hour (Warriors, #6) Rising Storm (Warriors, #4)

“The silence was deafening, pressing more heavily on Hollyleaf’s ears than the stones that pinned her to the cold floor.” 2 likes
“I’ve been buried alive!” 2 likes