Start by marking “Here to Stay” as Want to Read:
Here to Stay

Here to Stay

Nathan Blackrope has never forgotten a single thing about Paige Weston. Not how much he loved her or the way she betrayed him, and not the plans they had once made. Plans that included marriage and children…things Nathan has never found—or wanted—with anyone else. Now Paige is back and Nathan is about to discover the shocking reason she left him…and why she has finally ret ...more
Published September 19th 2011 by Pink House Press (first published November 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Here to Stay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Here to Stay

Beth Martin
Mar 06, 2012 Beth Martin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
If you've read the back cover, then you know that the conflict in this story is the result of a Big Misunderstanding, and that there will be more Big Misunderstandings to keep driving the conflict lest it be revealed that Webb doesn't have much of a plot to go on. You'll also be aware that there is a Secret Baby. However, there's much more than that to keep you entertained in Webb's Here to Stay.

The Plot: Paige (The Heroine) has returned to Trinity, the place of her childhood summers and the pla
Lady Raven RAVE!
http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com / for book lovers and readers.

BRIEF SUMMARY
Nathan never has forgotten about Paige. Paige was Nathan’s childhood friend that ended up being the woman he loves. Hurt by her leaving him and doing what her father wants, leaves them both hurt with misunderstandings. Now that Paige has returned, it has open old wounds and a secret that Paige has been carrying around with her.

THOUGHTS

This was actually a nice freebie, compared to some of the free books that I
Tina
Oct 27, 2011 Tina rated it liked it
I'd give this story a 2.75. There were some things I enjoyed in this book. Nathan was one, the pacing and flow were another. The length worked well also, being a novella, and of course, the smexy times were very hot. Unfortunately though a majority of the book just didn't work for me. And the reason is mainly due to the way the secret baby trope was played out. In my opinion, there's two ways to handle this trope, first is the hero being made aware of his child early on in the story and the conf ...more
L.M. David
Dec 10, 2012 L.M. David rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy a good romance but this, well where's the love? Paige is a lawyer who had knuckled to daddy after he found out his daughter was seeing a Native American. Her father has money so when he told her to leave this guy, she does. Later you find Paige developed cancer and no longer capable of having children. Then, lo and behold, she springs out the fact she has had a child for Nathan Blackrope. Okay, forget the fact she kept it from him for four years. Forget the fact she ran when daddy said s ...more
Jaime
Nov 09, 2011 Jaime rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
3.5 Stars.

I enjoyed this book. The only thing I could find that I didn't like was the lack of Jesse. I dislike when an authour presents a character early on and then proceeds to basically forget about the character the entire book and then in the end there are 3 pages with the character involved.

The entire book I was wanting to know where Jesse was. Why wasn't he with "Blondie"?

The back story should have been more developed also.

Solid 3.5 stars.
Tia
Apr 13, 2012 Tia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found little to no emotional connection in this book. I found that in parts it was incomplete and I was wondering if this was part of some sort of a series or was the author just that bad? The characters and their background information was weak and also missing huge chunks. The story as a whole if I forget everything mentioned above was okay. However it needed to be written better. It was very sloppy and had me frustrated!
Christina
Fluff. Fluff. Fluff.

The drama in this book is on the weaker side. It's predictable. The connection seems real and strong.

All in all, it was a good book. Easy to read. There's an Apache who wears a Stetson and who has a romantic side, so yeah, that's what I like about it. So sue me...he's hot.
Lizabeth Tucker
A brush with death has Paige Weston returning to her uncle's ranch, needing to put an end to the hatred Nathan Blackrope still holds for her for choosing her father over him. And to tell him about Jesse. It was four years too late, but Paige still had to make things right.

This was a free book from Sony, back when they still had a Reader Store. (God, I miss them!) I bought without reading the synopsis, sold purely by the Native American model on the cover. If I had known this was a hidden baby ro
Donna Hatridge
I got this as a free download for my Nook. I thought this was a good easy afternoon read. Both Paige Weston and Nathan Blackrope were engaging. On the Nook there was 326 pages.

Jackie
Jul 13, 2013 Jackie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say that I hadn't read any of Debra's books before and as it was so little in price decided to try it and so glad i did.
What a lovely story - I really liked the two leading characters - all in all it was just a nice read and I will probably read it again in the future.
Liz
Oct 03, 2014 Liz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I quite enjoyed this traditional second chance romance story. Paige and Nathan were interesting characters, the circumstances throughout their complicated relationship were enthralling.

A sweet, quick, romance read.
Stephanie
Jan 09, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Nice, quick read. Enjoyable, even though I disagree with the female main character's choice to hide their child from the male main character...that's a horrible thing to do, to take away the option to be a father from a person.
Rustye
Oct 30, 2011 Rustye rated it liked it
Shelves: contemp, mf
This is not what I usually read but it was free so why not! I truly enjoyed this book and found it a nice change. Originally written in 2000, this may have been considered spicy but I found it sensual. A good story with good main characters and equally good secondary characters.
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
Eh, boring book. Very predictable. Didn't really like the heroine. Hated all the stupid misunderstandings. And the main character was whiny.
Kara Parks
This was a free download for Kindle. It was a good story
DeeAnn Garner Williams
Another great story by Debra Webb. I enjoyed the story and characters.
CassandraG
Mar 28, 2012 CassandraG rated it really liked it
Very nice story.Enjoyed it.
Margaret
sad to say, i don't remember this book.
Evie
Aug 23, 2015 Evie rated it liked it
It was an OK story. I was really into it the first few chapters, then not so much. A second chance at love and a secret baby. I'm not much for secret babies, but it worked out all right.
kate
Jan 07, 2012 kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
got this free from amazon and i enjoyed the read, not my usual genre but the price was right!
Kelly
Nov 02, 2011 Kelly rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
I enjoyed reading this book, & it was very straight forward.
Lynne weir
What can I say? Its free, why not?
Heather
Oct 29, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very cute romance.
Tina Sweeney
May 16, 2015 Tina Sweeney rated it it was amazing
Alice Neal
Alice Neal rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2013
Paige
Paige rated it it was ok
Jan 06, 2014
vanessa goose
vanessa goose rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2017
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2013
jeanne weaver
jeanne weaver rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2016
Amber Miller
Amber Miller rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • On the Run
  • Forgotten Father
  • Wild Justice
  • Kissing Kelli  (Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy, #1)
  • Love from the Ashes
  • A Scandalous Past (Scandalous, #5)
  • Texas Hold Him
  • Bridleton
  • My Man Pendleton
  • Trusting Him (Italian Lovers, #3)
  • Lyric's Cop (Crime Tells, #1)
  • Colby's Child
  • I'll Be There (Angel Ridge, #4)
  • Wild Desire (Wild, #2)
  • Mom Meets Dad (Finding Mr. Right, #3)
  • A Shiver at Twilight
  • Dear Cupid (Texas Heat Wave, #2)
  • Heart of a Knight
DEBRA WEBB is the USA Today bestselling author of more than 100 novels, including reader favorites the Faces of Evil and the Colby Agency series. She is the recipient of the prestigious Romantic Times Career Achievement Award for Romantic Suspense as well as numerous Reviewers Choice Awards. In 2012 Debra was honored as the first recipient of the esteemed L. A. Banks Warrior Woman Award for her co ...more
More about Debra Webb...