Promised To Another (Amish of Seymour County, #3)

Promised To Another (Amish of Seymour County #3)

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Annie Beiler is a spunky, spirited schoolteacher, but she's struggled ever since the man she was promised to "jumped the fence" and left the Amish of Seymour. She needs a man who is committed to his Amish beliefs. And now, she's struggling to regain the trust of the school board members and the parents of her pupils for taking her class on an unauthorized field trip to a n...more
Published March 1st 2012 by Whitaker Distribution (first published February 7th 2012)

Cindy
Annie Beiler just wanted order in her life, but mostly she wanted to be loved and to love. But it seems it is not to be, she was set to marry Luke Schwartz, but he jumped fence and left Amish, in the middle of his classes to join the church. Even though he was back, she knew that marrying Luke would be settling, and she wanted true love. She wondered why no one was asking to take her home after singings, how would she ever find love, if she could not even get a bu to take her home after singing?...more
Trinity Rose
Promised to Another by Laura V. Hilton is the three and last book in the series The Amish of Seymour. Another excellent book and I especially liked the ending fourth of Promised to Another.
I like the description of characters and of the countryside. Annie is a favorite of mine. She is very special because of her looks and also the way she loves children and is an excellent teacher, but she doesn’t believe she is worthy to have a special man in her life.
The buggy accident and shotgun wedding...more
Judy
Annie Beiler captured my heart from page one in this book. She doesn’t seem to be very sure of herself at times and I most certainly can relate to her character. Annie is a school teacher and is a natural at it. She loves her students and they love her. Annie is very fond of History. So much so that she took her students on a field trip to A Civil War Battlefield without the permission of the school board and her students parents. Will she lose her job over this?

Annie is attracted to Joshua and...more
Ausjenny
Firstly Thanks to Whitaker House for my review copy

I really enjoyed this book. I had been getting a little disheartened with amish books but this book I didn't want to put down. The book deals with Annie who wonders why no one is asking to take her home from singings. Joshua one of the boys who came from Pennsylvania in a swap and Luke who wanted to marry Annie then left the community for awhile and has returned to reclaim Annie. This leads to some interesting scenes. I love Annie she is feisty...more
Maureen Timerman
This is the third and final book in the Amish of Seymour Series, and I for one wish there were more.
Love that their are updates of the people we learned to love in the first two books!
Annie Beiler wants to be an Amish Frau and Mother, she loves being a teacher to the Children of her Community. She is also starting to live again since being jilted by her fence jumping boyfriend Luke Schwartz. Now that he has returned, he is adamant that she is his and they are getting married. Kind of freaky! She...more
Deb
"Promised to Another" is the third book in The Amish of Seymour series by Laura V. Hilton. Each book explores the story of one young man sent from an Amish community in Pennsylvania to the Amish community in Seymour, Missouri, as part of swap of young men between the communities.

Joshua Esh arrives in Seymour but does not intend to stay. Then his eye is drawn to Annie Beiler, the community's schoolteacher, but when he inquires about her, he finds that another Amishman has staked a claim for her....more
I’ve had the pleasure of reading the first two books and again the pleasure was all mine – I got involved from the start of the first page. This third book picks up where the second leaves off, sort of, and while I couldn’t quite remember what I read in the last two – it all came back easily with the way Laura Hilton weaves the past into the present of this story. At first I didn’t know quite how to feel about Annie, she seemed to always be down about herself, but after awhile I began to see wha...more
Brenda
I have been fortunate enough to read all three books in the Amish of Seymour series and have become a Laura V. Hilton fan. She has the writing skills to easily transport the reader right into the heart of the stories that she is telling, allowing me to envision the characters, setting and drama so vividly it makes me feel as if I have been transported to another place.

In "Promised To Another" we get the story of Annie Beiler and Joshua Esh. Annie is the local Amish schoolteacher, she is always e...more
Carolyn E
I loved this book!! Promised To Another is Book #3 in Laura V. Hilton's Amish of Seymour series. I have now read all three books in this series and loved all of them. I will be looking forward to more from this author.

Lisa Nelson
Promised to Another
by Laura Hilton

I enjoyed reading this book and i wasn't ready for the story to end. The characters were described so well you felt you knew them, and some felt like your friends.

One lesson the book shares is about honesty. By hiding things from others we can hurt those whom we love.

I recommend this book and look forward to reading more from Mrs. Hilton.
Roseanna White
I don't often read Amish books so can't really compare this to others, but I'm enjoying the lighthearted, charming way Laura Hilton tells this story.
Kate
This is the last book in the 'Amish of Seymour County' series by Laura Hilton. I enjoyed the first 2 books and was looking forward to reading about what happens to Annie, who was a character in the other 2 novels as well.
Annie is attracted to newcomer, Joshua, but disappointed when he seems to be interested in every other eligible girl in the church district besides her. Joshua is interested in getting to know Annie better, but keeps his distance because he has been told that she is promised to...more
Penny Zeller
Author Laura Hilton again effectively takes us inside the world of the Amish people in her latest release "Promised to Another."

In this third installment, will the rebellious Luke win Annie’s hand in marriage, as he intends, or will newcomer Joshua make his true feelings for Annie known before it is too late? There are many twists and turns in this well-written book that will leave the reader turning the pages in anticipation of what will happen next.

"Promised to Another" is my favorite book in...more
Jane
Annie Beiler is promised to Luke. But Luke decides to leave and see what the English have to offer. He returns expecting to pick up where he left off with Annie.
Joshua Esh is afraid to ask Annie if he can court her. He knows she was promised to Luke. Annie no longer desires Luke. She has a crush on Joshua. But she thinks he is a player.
Fate changes a lot of things. There is a lot of forgiveness. The Bishop makes a ruling that forces Annie and Joshua to marry overnight.
A story of misjudging other...more
Tina
I absolutely LOVED this book. The whole series is GREAT. But, this book was my absolute favorite.

Laura V. Hilton had me on the edge of my seat; I could not put down Promised To Another, and the ending just blew me away.
As always, I wanted more book to read; not wanting the book to end at all, but all good books must come to an end sometime.
Judith Mullett
The 3rd book in Hilton's The Amish of Seymour is the best of them all. Annie Beiler is a spunky schoolteacher whose boyfriend Luke has jumped the fence. Since he drank and had a temper I quickly thought she was better off without him. Along comes Joshua Esh who secretly loves Annie but everyone tells him she is promised to another. This story has quite a few twists and turns that I could not have predicted. Well worth reading.
Tess
yesterday afternoon I started to read, got halfway done, last night before bed at around 1am I picked it back up. I finally put it down around 5 am, and just spend the last 30 mins finishing it. All I can say is wow. I didn't expect some twists and turns!! I loved that it continues a bit of the story from Becky and Jacob!!
Janet
Third (and I guess final) book in this series.

Really enjoyed them all.

This was Annie's story. Annie is the school teacher and wears brown.
One of the men who came in the men swap has his eye on her but told
she is Luke's Annie and to stay away.

A few unexpected surprises in this one.
Jessica
I love me a good Amish romance!
Anne
Coming soon!
PWRL
Dec 10, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Kathleen Crouse
Kathleen Crouse marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Jackie
Jackie is currently reading it
Jul 13, 2014
Mattie Kitchen
Mattie Kitchen marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Laura Potter
Laura Potter marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Gcapps
Gcapps marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Kas
Kas marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Patricia Kemp Blackmon
Patricia Kemp Blackmon marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Award winning author, Laura Hilton, her husband, Steve, and their five children make their home in Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas. She is a pastor’s wife, a stay-at-home mom and home-schools three of her children. Her two oldest children are homeschool graduates and are in college. Laura is also a breast cancer survivor.

Her publishing credits include three books in the Amish of Seymour series from Whita...more
More about Laura V. Hilton...
Patchwork Dreams (Amish of Seymour County, #1) A Harvest of Hearts (Amish of Seymour County, #2) Healing Love (Amish Of Webster County #1) Surrendered Love (Amish Of Webster County #2) Awakened Love (Amish Of Webster County #3)