Start by marking “Promised To Another (Amish of Seymour County, #3)” as Want to Read:
Promised To Another (Amish of Seymour County, #3)

Promised To Another (Amish of Seymour County #3)

Annie Beiler is a spunky, spirited schoolteacher, but she's struggled ever since the man she was promised to "jumped the fence" and left the Amish of Seymour. She needs a man who is committed to his Amish beliefs. And now, she's struggling to regain the trust of the school board members and the parents of her pupils for taking her class on an unauthorized field trip to a n ...more
Published March 1st 2012 by Whitaker Distribution (first published February 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Promised To Another, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Promised To Another

Judy
Jan 13, 2012 Judy rated it it was amazing
Annie Beiler captured my heart from page one in this book. She doesn’t seem to be very sure of herself at times and I most certainly can relate to her character. Annie is a school teacher and is a natural at it. She loves her students and they love her. Annie is very fond of History. So much so that she took her students on a field trip to A Civil War Battlefield without the permission of the school board and her students parents. Will she lose her job over this?

Annie is attracted to Joshua and
Cindy
Jan 05, 2012 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Annie Beiler just wanted order in her life, but mostly she wanted to be loved and to love. But it seems it is not to be, she was set to marry Luke Schwartz, but he jumped fence and left Amish, in the middle of his classes to join the church. Even though he was back, she knew that marrying Luke would be settling, and she wanted true love. She wondered why no one was asking to take her home after singings, how would she ever find love, if she could not even get a bu to take her home after singing? ...more
Trinity Rose
Feb 10, 2012 Trinity Rose rated it really liked it
Promised to Another by Laura V. Hilton is the three and last book in the series The Amish of Seymour. Another excellent book and I especially liked the ending fourth of Promised to Another.
I like the description of characters and of the countryside. Annie is a favorite of mine. She is very special because of her looks and also the way she loves children and is an excellent teacher, but she doesn’t believe she is worthy to have a special man in her life.
The buggy accident and shotgun wedding
Ausjenny
Feb 28, 2012 Ausjenny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish, favorites
Firstly Thanks to Whitaker House for my review copy

I really enjoyed this book. I had been getting a little disheartened with amish books but this book I didn't want to put down. The book deals with Annie who wonders why no one is asking to take her home from singings. Joshua one of the boys who came from Pennsylvania in a swap and Luke who wanted to marry Annie then left the community for awhile and has returned to reclaim Annie. This leads to some interesting scenes. I love Annie she is feisty
Brenda
Feb 29, 2012 Brenda rated it it was amazing
I have been fortunate enough to read all three books in the Amish of Seymour series and have become a Laura V. Hilton fan. She has the writing skills to easily transport the reader right into the heart of the stories that she is telling, allowing me to envision the characters, setting and drama so vividly it makes me feel as if I have been transported to another place.

In "Promised To Another" we get the story of Annie Beiler and Joshua Esh. Annie is the local Amish schoolteacher, she is always e
Deb
Jan 31, 2012 Deb rated it it was amazing
"Promised to Another" is the third book in The Amish of Seymour series by Laura V. Hilton. Each book explores the story of one young man sent from an Amish community in Pennsylvania to the Amish community in Seymour, Missouri, as part of swap of young men between the communities.

Joshua Esh arrives in Seymour but does not intend to stay. Then his eye is drawn to Annie Beiler, the community's schoolteacher, but when he inquires about her, he finds that another Amishman has staked a claim for her.
I’ve had the pleasure of reading the first two books and again the pleasure was all mine – I got involved from the start of the first page. This third book picks up where the second leaves off, sort of, and while I couldn’t quite remember what I read in the last two – it all came back easily with the way Laura Hilton weaves the past into the present of this story. At first I didn’t know quite how to feel about Annie, she seemed to always be down about herself, but after awhile I began to see wha ...more
Maureen Timerman
Feb 07, 2012 Maureen Timerman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
This is the third and final book in the Amish of Seymour Series, and I for one wish there were more.
Love that their are updates of the people we learned to love in the first two books!
Annie Beiler wants to be an Amish Frau and Mother, she loves being a teacher to the Children of her Community. She is also starting to live again since being jilted by her fence jumping boyfriend Luke Schwartz. Now that he has returned, he is adamant that she is his and they are getting married. Kind of freaky! She
Carolyn E
Jul 17, 2012 Carolyn E rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! Promised To Another is Book #3 in Laura V. Hilton's Amish of Seymour series. I have now read all three books in this series and loved all of them. I will be looking forward to more from this author.

Lisa Nelson
Feb 25, 2012 Lisa Nelson rated it it was amazing
Promised to Another
by Laura Hilton

I enjoyed reading this book and i wasn't ready for the story to end. The characters were described so well you felt you knew them, and some felt like your friends.

One lesson the book shares is about honesty. By hiding things from others we can hurt those whom we love.

I recommend this book and look forward to reading more from Mrs. Hilton.
Roseanna White
Jan 02, 2012 Roseanna White rated it really liked it
I don't often read Amish books so can't really compare this to others, but I'm enjoying the lighthearted, charming way Laura Hilton tells this story.
Janet Crandell
May 07, 2017 Janet Crandell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish-fiction
Loved this whole series.
Marilyn
Jul 19, 2016 Marilyn rated it it was amazing
Promised to Another was sensational! Book 3 was the best one in The Amish of Seymour series, by Laura V. Hilton. This entire series has been out of this world.

Annie Beiler, the Amish school teacher who loved history, is a feisty young lady whose job was on the line. Annie had taken her scholars on a field trip to A Civil War Battlefield without proper consent from the parents and school board. Annie’s former boyfriend, Luke Scwhartz, had jumped the fence and became an Englisher. But guess who r
D.J.
Oct 03, 2014 D.J. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews

I am sad to see this series end…

I can’t help it. Laura Hilton did an amazing job with these three novels, but if I thought I enjoyed reading her books before… that was before I read this one – it is truly awesome!

… and definitely my favorite one of the series!

I’ve enjoyed reading about Annie Beiler since Patchwork Dreams, when she discovered her sister Cathy was taking Becky Troyer’s mail, trying to sabotage Becky’s relationship with Jacob Miller.

Thankfully, Annie found out in time and things wo
Kate
Aug 25, 2012 Kate rated it really liked it
This is the last book in the 'Amish of Seymour County' series by Laura Hilton. I enjoyed the first 2 books and was looking forward to reading about what happens to Annie, who was a character in the other 2 novels as well.
Annie is attracted to newcomer, Joshua, but disappointed when he seems to be interested in every other eligible girl in the church district besides her. Joshua is interested in getting to know Annie better, but keeps his distance because he has been told that she is promised to
Linda
Mar 05, 2016 Linda rated it it was amazing
Promised to Another, Book 3 in The Amish of Seymour series, is a wonderful story of learning to trust God, hope, finding the truth, and forgiveness. Annie Beiler is a school teacher who likes to be adventurous such as taking her students on unauthorized field trips which can get her in trouble with the school board. She had always thought she would marry Luke Schwartz, but he jumped the fence into the English world only to return to stake his claim on Annie. Joshua Esh has recently moved to Seym ...more
Kathleen Friesen
Jul 04, 2015 Kathleen Friesen rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this third book in Ms. Hilton’s Amish of Seymour series. In Book 2, Annie was a rather unsympathetic character, so I appreciated getting to know her and understand her insecurities. She doesn’t know that Luke has claimed her as his own, so when Joshua seems to be attracted but then pulls away, Annie assumes he really is a “player,” as she’s heard.
The relationship between these two is full of stops and starts as neither wants to admit the attraction that flares every time they g
Penny Zeller
Apr 10, 2012 Penny Zeller rated it really liked it
Author Laura Hilton again effectively takes us inside the world of the Amish people in her latest release "Promised to Another."

In this third installment, will the rebellious Luke win Annie’s hand in marriage, as he intends, or will newcomer Joshua make his true feelings for Annie known before it is too late? There are many twists and turns in this well-written book that will leave the reader turning the pages in anticipation of what will happen next.

"Promised to Another" is my favorite book in
Jane
Nov 04, 2012 Jane rated it it was amazing
Annie Beiler is promised to Luke. But Luke decides to leave and see what the English have to offer. He returns expecting to pick up where he left off with Annie.
Joshua Esh is afraid to ask Annie if he can court her. He knows she was promised to Luke. Annie no longer desires Luke. She has a crush on Joshua. But she thinks he is a player.
Fate changes a lot of things. There is a lot of forgiveness. The Bishop makes a ruling that forces Annie and Joshua to marry overnight.
A story of misjudging other
Tina Watson
Jan 20, 2012 Tina Watson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-read
I absolutely LOVED this book. The whole series is GREAT. But, this book was my absolute favorite.

Laura V. Hilton had me on the edge of my seat; I could not put down Promised To Another, and the ending just blew me away.
As always, I wanted more book to read; not wanting the book to end at all, but all good books must come to an end sometime.
Judith Mullett
The 3rd book in Hilton's The Amish of Seymour is the best of them all. Annie Beiler is a spunky schoolteacher whose boyfriend Luke has jumped the fence. Since he drank and had a temper I quickly thought she was better off without him. Along comes Joshua Esh who secretly loves Annie but everyone tells him she is promised to another. This story has quite a few twists and turns that I could not have predicted. Well worth reading.
Tess
Dec 01, 2012 Tess rated it it was amazing
yesterday afternoon I started to read, got halfway done, last night before bed at around 1am I picked it back up. I finally put it down around 5 am, and just spend the last 30 mins finishing it. All I can say is wow. I didn't expect some twists and turns!! I loved that it continues a bit of the story from Becky and Jacob!!
Janet
Jan 07, 2012 Janet rated it liked it
Third (and I guess final) book in this series.

Really enjoyed them all.

This was Annie's story. Annie is the school teacher and wears brown.
One of the men who came in the men swap has his eye on her but told
she is Luke's Annie and to stay away.

A few unexpected surprises in this one.
Anne
Feb 19, 2012 Anne rated it it was amazing
Coming soon!
Christy
Jan 16, 2014 Christy rated it liked it
Shelves: amish
Not one of my favorite authors. I find her writing a little remedial and repetitive.
Louise E.
Dec 12, 2015 Louise E. rated it really liked it
Good story.
Jessica
Aug 24, 2012 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I love me a good Amish romance!
PWRL
Dec 10, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Tammy
Tammy rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Faithful to Laura (Middlefield Family, #2)
  • The Heart's Frontier (The Amish of Apple Grove, #1)
  • Katie Opens Her Heart (Emma Raber's Daughter, #1)
  • An Amish Family Reunion (Miller Family, #4)
  • Plain Admirer (Brides of Amish Country, #8)
  • Abby Finds Her Calling (Home at Cedar Creek, #1)
  • A Wedding for Julia (The Pebble Creek Amish, #3)
  • An Amish Wedding
  • A Quilt for Jenna (Apple Creek Dreams, #1)
  • Christmas in Sugarcreek (Seasons of Sugarcreek)
  • The Wings of Morning (Snapshots in History, #1)
  • To Love and to Cherish (The Bliss Creek Amish #1)
  • Love Finds You in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Award winning author, Laura Hilton, her husband, Steve, and their five children make their home in Arkansas. She is a pastor’s wife, a stay-at-home mom and home-schools. Laura is also a breast cancer survivor.

Her publishing credits include three books in the Amish of Seymour series from Whitaker House: Patchwork Dreams, A Harvest of Hearts (winner of the 2012 Clash of the Titles Award in two categ
More about Laura V. Hilton...

Amish of Seymour County (3 books)
  • Patchwork Dreams (Amish of Seymour County, #1)
  • A Harvest of Hearts (Amish of Seymour County, #2)