Start by marking “Free Souls (Mindjack Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Free Souls (Mindjack Trilogy, #3)

Free Souls (Mindjack Trilogy #3)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  1,310 ratings  ·  100 reviews
Get Susan’s NEW YA SF NOVEL, The Legacy Human (Singularity #1) for an INTRODUCTORY PRICE of 99cents **limited time**

When your mind is a weapon, freedom comes at a price.

Four months have passed since Kira left home to join Julian's Jacker Freedom Alliance, but the hole in her heart still whistles empty where her boyfriend Raf used to be. She fills it with weapons training,
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 319 pages
Published December 14th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Free Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Free Souls

Thank you to NetGalley for a digital copy of this book.

Saw this one and realized that I was curious enough to finish out the trilogy. Which says something, you know? I mean, there are tons of series that I've dropped over the years, and I don't usually stick with something unless I'm genuinely interested in the outcome. Or maybe I was just out of books to read, and this seemed like a decent option? Whatever the reason, I'm glad I picked up the last book in the Mindjack Trilogy.

Kira and the rebel
Sher A. Hart
Susan did it again. Free Souls was WOW! I expected Kira to step up to her role as heroine but not like this. Even though I'm good at guessing, few events turned out anywhere near how I thought they would. The closest I came to a prediction was the romance that started early on and a pattern of setbacks building to the middle crises. Throughout the book, serious action and plot twists kept me riveted. Surprises kept coming until the very end which tied up more loose ends than I knew existed. Whew ...more
So excited for the release!
I'm not usually "team secondary romantic male interest", and have never really understood it. But, so help me, if Raf makes a miraculous recovery and Julian gets pushed aside I might loose it! ;)
Wenn dein Verstand eine Waffe ist, musst du für Freiheit einen hohen Preis bezahlen.
Vier Monate sind vergangen, seit Kira ihr Zuhause verlassen hat, um sich Julians Jacker Freedom Alliance anzuschließen. Doch der Verlust ihres Freundes Raf hat ein Loch in ihrem Herzen hinterlassen. Sie füllt es mit Waffentraining, JFA-Patrouillen und einer besessenen Jagd auf FBI Agent Kestrel. Julians Sorgen um ihre Sicherheit und seine wiederholten Versuche, sie für seine revolutionären Interne
Mikka Gottstein
Ich bin mit einer Art mulmig-gespannter Erwartung an den dritten Band der Mindjack-Trilogie heran gegangen. Dabei haben mir die ersten beiden Bände wunderbar gefallen - ich habe sie regelrecht inhaliert und mit großer Begeisterung rezensiert!

Tja, warum dann das "mulmig"?

Weil ich mir ehrlich nicht vorstellen konnte, wie diese Geschichte schlüssig und glaubhaft enden sollte. Ich habe mir schon beim Lesen der ersten beiden Bände immer wieder den Kopf darüber zerbrochen, aber die Situation erschien
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Wa-hoo! The final installment of the Mindjack Trilogy! I've been loving this series and I'm so happy that Susan allowed me to read and review Free Souls for her. She has done a remarkable job with these books. I just love them. Oh. Have I said that already?

This series has all the great elements that I look for in a book. There is action and suspense, good character development, believable relationships and dialogue and that bit of romance that my heart craves. The constant action and energy in t
Kelsey Ketch
Though this was a good conclusion to the series, I wasn’t as happy with Free Souls as I was with Open Minds and Closed Hearts. It was slower in pace and really only focused on Kira. She was basically acting alone in everything she did. She was too independent. Almost to the point where she shut everyone out most of the time. And though I know she was burned in the previous novels, I think it would have been more intriguing if she had a true partner in Free Souls to work with. Maybe even someone ...more
Such a well written series! I think Kira is a fantastic character and I absolutely love Julian and Sasha. Definitely recommend reading all three books and novellas.
Cheryl Duval
There is some serious action going on in this, the last book of the Mindjack Trilogy. Things have gone from bad to worse for Kira and all mindjackers. The government wants every mindjacker locked up and the general population of mindreaders agrees. The government doesn't look at mindjackers as people, they only see them as a threat. Kira is more unsure of herself and her decisions and she struggles with what needs to be done. There are many, many twists in this book that I never saw coming. The ...more
Concetta Phillipps
I liked this one the best out of the three, even though it is the hardest of the bunch to like. Kira embraces her independence and flies it freely in order to make her own mistakes and own her own choices. But...she does shut people out quite regularly, so that's why I mention it was the hardest to like. Sometimes you just want to clock Kira and say "Snap out of it!" - but at least she makes the choice on her own.

There is a love interest at stake here, but its less prominent than in the previous
Zoe and the Edge

There are few authors that can get me as angry as Miss Quinn.
The only reason I read this was because I wanted to know how things went down with Julian. And because Ms. Quinn writes good kisses.
Kira continues to find new skills including public speaking. Who would’ve thought? She gets manhandled into the PR side of the revolution because Julian suddenly gets all overprotective of her. It’s a bit cruel on the others because Julian loves Kira the newbie and she’s such a troubl
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is the final installment in the Mindjack Trilogy that has taken me on a wild rollercoaster ride. Kira and the rest of the "jackers" have their final showdown, resulting in a world that no one could have predicted.

Kira is still somewhat of a mess. She's with the JFA but she still grieves for her lost "normal" life with Raf and her family. Her focus has shifted dangerously to obsession, especially when it comes to Kestrel. She is
I really enjoyed the first two books in this series and I still don't get why I waited so long to start the third book. It might have somethign to do with the ending of the second book and it might have something to do with having so many books to read that sometimes I just forget about some of them. So I was in this weird reading mood, I wanted to read, but I wanted to make sure it was a book I would enjoy. And then I rememberede this unfinished series and I decided to finally read Free Souls.

Melinda VanLone
I started reading this series for two reasons. One, the covers are amazing. Seriously, look at all three of them. The covers hooked me and made me squirm with possibilities. Yes, I'm a sucker for a good cover.

Two, I'm pretty sure the virtual box set was on sale and I saw an ad for it. I say that because if Susan Kaye Quinn happens by I want her to know that the sale, and the ad, worked. I'd never heard of her until I saw the ad, with that cover, and clicked the link which brought me to the sale.
Rhiannon Frater
I was very lucky and very pleased to be one of the first people to read this last book in the awesome Mindjack Trilogy. Seriously, I was dancing around when the almost final draft hit my inbox.

So what do I have to say? I loved it. Truly. It rates right behind the first book in the trilogy, which is one of my all-time favorite books. This is a fitting end to the trilogy with lots of action, character development and a very smoldering kiss.

One of the things I do really like about this series is t
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
Free Souls is a book I have been looking forward to reading, but has also been tinged with sadness, being the last book in this trilogy. Free Souls picks up where Closed Hearts ended, Kira, Julian and the rest of the jackers are still trying to find a way to make it safe for themselves andotherjackers. Unbeknown to Julian, Kira is still looking for Kestrel and she will stop at nothing to ensure he gets what he deserves. I loved the ongoing list she has of ways to kill him and was amused by some ...more
FREE SOULS (Mindjack Trilogy #3) by Susan Kaye Quinn

ABOUT THE BOOK: When your mind is a weapon, freedom comes at a price.

The final installment of the Mindjack Trilogy is here!

Four months have passed since Kira left home to join Julian’s Jacker Freedom Alliance, but the hole in her heart still whistles empty where her boyfriend Raf used to be. She fills it with weapons training, JFA patrols, and an obsessive hunt for FBI agent Kestrel, ignoring Julian’s worries about her safety and repeated atte
Mandy (I read Indie) Anderson
Although I have loved the first 2 in the series (OPEN MINDS & CLOSED HEARTS), this one fell a tad short for me. Just a tad. Not that I hated it...oh no. Not at all. It just wasn't as great as the first two. I think it was the first half of the book which seemed to drag some. But still, I adored this book and where the author ran with the story line. It really is beyond different and unique and readers will love that about the series.

Now there is a lot of action and suspense in the story, it
(view spoiler) ...more
Degba Maguehi

I would give it 2 1/2 stars if I could. Story meandered. Scenes kept repeating main character was like MacGyver with the escapes. It got to the point I was like again can't he come up with something new. Love story superficial but I am a sucker for those. It's a time waster book if you don't have a better book around. First two stories much better. Ending was good. This could have been condensed into part two.
Samantha Geary
If you're looking for an action-packed, intense thrill ride into an intriguing dystopian future - this is it! The plot was riveting, the characters truly identifiable and the setting undeniably unique and impressively detailed. I love not being able to predict where the story will go, and Susan did not disappoint! Clever twists and turns were expertly placed throughout this series, holding my rapt attention (to the detriment of domestic duties). The entire Mindjack Trilogy pulled me into its wor ...more
Mary Ann
The concept of poisoning our water is not new to me, nor is the pollution of said water. However, the concept of that pollution by drugs, etc. which in turn cause genetic mutations is something I have not pondered. While the denouement was OK I wished it had been more pointed.
Denae Christine
I was quite pleasantly surprised to discover how much I enjoyed this end. Usually I have major issues with ends, esp of series (too many die, no one dies, the MC acts OOC, the MC acts weak, there's deus ex machina, etc). None of that happened here.
My one real complaint about the books is that they are too short. I don't mean just page numbers, but in feel as well. The story plot/arc feels small; everything happens in just a couple days or so. With conflicts this massive (world shattering), I'd e
Pavana Keerthi
This review is for the entire trilogy.
Though I loved the idea for the plot and how the story ended, I can't say that reading it was fulfilling to read. Overall I would say that it was an 'Okay' book.
Much better than the second. Very creative, a lot more happened and Kira was quite a bit less annoying. We learned a lot about several characters and the direction it went at the end was very interesting. It seemed just a little anti climactic at the end, but it still felt satisfying. It was a good end for the series.
Weee!!! Finally finished the series and it was THE BEST!..:3 This last installment of the Mindjack series was highlighted with great sci-fi action, drama, suspense and of course, romance. Honestly though, there ware some parts that i thought was quite dragging but the author did a great thing in making the plot and story go forward in a more thrilling way. My praise goes out to you Susan Kaye Quinn for brilliantly concluding the series, I could not have thought of a better way! I just loved this ...more
3 was probably one too many for this series, but then I'm not the target audience. As per previous reviews, the writer's foresight into how people might talk and the technology they use is better than some of the writers who target adult readers.
I think this is more of a 2.5. I got really bored in the middle of this book and extremely annoyed. I'm all for being realistic, but almost every battle/whatever on screen they lost. Big time. But their one huge victory?? Happened off screen in between books. Seriously?? That bugs me. The story was ok and it ended well, but the writing is a bit weak.
Kelly Brown
I thought this third book was fantastic. I am sad to be done with the trilogy. I think back to the beginning, and then look at how it ended, wow, so much has happened. Kira is an amazing female lead, and I will now hold her in the same realm as Chloe and Eve from two other series I read/ have read. I like how it all ended, even if Kestrel did not get the ending I think he deserved, him knowing what he ended up doing- karma! Quinn is a great writer, and I hope to read some of her other books.
What a solid and satisfying ending! I'm hooked on Quinn as an author and will likely buy the rest of her books. You won't regret it!
  • Darkest Worlds: A Dystopian Anthology
  • The Defiance (Brilliant Darkness, #2)
  • Water & Storm Country (The Country Saga, #3)
  • There (On the Otherside, #2)
  • Shudder (Stitch Trilogy, #2)
  • The Human (The Eden Trilogy, #2)
  • Psion Delta (Psion, #3)
  • The Blight (Eden's Root Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Thorns (The Frost Chronicles, #2)
  • Clone Three (Clone Chronicles, #1)
  • Unfurl (Ripple, #3)
  • Broken Illusions (Midnight Dragonfly, #2)
  • Rogue (Exceptional, #2)
  • Monarch (War of the Princes, #3)
  • Dovetailed (Immortal Essence, #3)
  • Fatal Abduction (IFCS, #3)

Singularity Series
The Legacy Human (Singularity 1)

Mindjack Saga
Open Minds (Mindjack #1)
Closed Hearts (Mindjack #2)
Free Souls (Mindjack #3)
WATCH the award-winning live-action Mindjack Book Trailer!

Third Daughter (The Dharian Affairs #1)
Second Daughter (The Dharian Affairs #2)
First Daughter (The Dharian Affairs #3)

More about Susan Kaye Quinn...

Mindjack Trilogy (3 books)
  • Open Minds (Mindjack Trilogy, #1)
  • Closed Hearts (Mindjack Trilogy, #2)
Open Minds (Mindjack Trilogy, #1) Closed Hearts (Mindjack Trilogy, #2) Mind Games (Mindjack Origins, #1) Delirium (Debt Collector,  #1) The Handler (Mindjack Origins, #2)