Start by marking “The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Carrie: A Twilight, Texas Story” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Carrie: A Twilight, Texas Story

The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Carrie: A Twilight, Texas Story (The Christmas Cookie Chronicles #1)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  278 ratings  ·  25 reviews

Come join a meeting of the First Love Cookie Club!

“On Christmas Eve, if you sleep with kismet cookies under your pillow and dream of your own true love, he will be your destiny.”

Carrie MacGregor doesn’t believe this—not one bit. She might be a “paid up” member of the Cookie Club and the local Sweethearts Knitting Club, but she’s not about to give in to the forced ho-ho-h

Published (first published November 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Cookie Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Cookie Chronicles

Laurie Garrison
When I seen this book come in through NetGalley I wanted it but since I hadn’t read a contemporary all year I passed, but it kept nagging at me. Then I seen that someone on goodreads reviewed it so I got my chance to find out if this is a standalone once the reviewers said yes I flew to NetGally’s email to get it and I am so glad I did because I LOVED IT. Lori Wilde is a new author to me and I want all of her books NOW!! LOL. I really enjoyed the way she writes.

This story flowed so well and it
Jackie
"On Christmas Eve, if you sleep with kismet cookies under your pillow and dream of your own true love, he will be your destiny."

Carrie MacGregor doesn't believe this--not one bit. She might be a "paid up" member of the Cookie Club and the local Sweethearts Knitting Club, but she's not about to give in to the forced ho-ho-ho of the season. And why? Mark Leland. When he left town he broke Carrie's heart. Now, the local-guy-made good is back, hosting the reality show "Fact or Fantasy."

Fact: Mark br
Judith
I can't even imagine what it would be like to live in a town that is totally given over to the belief that throwing a penny in the town fountain that celebrates long-time lovers who found each other after a 15 year absence will also mean that the owner of the penny will also find their first love again. Carrie has waited eight years to make that a reality in her life and now she no longer waits for the man who stole her heart years earlier. In fact, they eloped to Las Vegas, but when they return ...more
Julie Barrett
This book starts out with Carrie, Carrie MacGregor and she hates Christmas.
She runs the town yarn store after the original one in town burned down. She heads up the town knitting club also and it's just a week from Thanksgiving.
The knitters ambushed her into decorating the shop because they knew why she'd never do it herself and we learn as the story goes on the reasons why...
This story also follows Mark Leland who is returning to the town to host his 'Fact or Fiction' myth buster show...
He is t
Joanne
'The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Carrie' is the first of three novellas revisiting Lori Wilde's 'Twilight, Texas' series. I really enjoyed catching up with the characters and finding out about Carrie's story. I would have liked the book to be longer with more depth, but as a fan of the series I was happy to have this instalment.
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
Since the season is nearly upon us I couldn't resist the lure of this title when it was offered. It sounded like a sweet and easy holiday read, which it was, kind of, but in a empty calorie kind of way.
There was no mention of it being a novella in the description so this was an unexpectedly short read with not a lot of substance. There was simply no time for anything but vague characters and a bare bones plot and I repeatedly felt like I must have skipped a dozen pages here and there. I can only
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
originally posted at http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

Return to Twilight, Texas where high school sweethearts find their happily ever after. Twilight’s legend continues and brings two more sweethearts together over the holidays.

Carrie MacGregor hates Christmas; she is Scrooge and the Grinch rolled up into one. Christmas represents lost love, dashed hopes and a broken heart to Carrie, her mother passed away five Christmases ago from ALS and eight years ago Carrie’s high school sweetheart
Maggie
Carrie MacGregor and Mark Leland were high school sweethearts. They couldn't see themselves separated by college, so when Mark was 19 and Carrie 17.5, they ran off to Vegas and got married. The marriage lasted 48 hours; when they returned to Twilight, Mark discovered he had been accepted to Columbia. Carrie made the sacrifice and called their marriage off.

Now a new TV show is coming to town, one that will challenge the legend of Twilight. And who is the host of the show? Mark Leland.

While I did
Kimba
I have long enjoyed Lori Wilde’s Twilight Texas books featuring the Sweethearts Knitting Club and First Love Cookie Club so I was delighted to read The Christmas Chronicles novella featuring Carrie. I love small town romances and while I enjoyed revisiting and seeing some of my favorite characters, this novella works perfectly as a standalone. The romance was sweet, felt genuine and brought a smile to my face. The townsfolk and the television show added some interesting twists. Twilight Texas is ...more
Cathy
Cute story about Twilight, Texas - where first loves will always be reunited if a penny is thrown in the fountain.
Carrie has always loved Mark. In fact, years ago they were married for all of two days before getting an annulment. Mark went off to college and fame as a reality show host. Carrie now runs the Yarn Barn.
When Mark and his show come to town to look at the myth of Twilight you can expect sparks to fly between these first loves.
Brandy
I love the idea of the Chronicles for some of the characters from this series. This short story features Carrie, one of the women in the knitting club. It was fun and cute to dive back into the town of Twilight. To see Carrie get her HEA. I already have the next book ready to read, Raylene's story and the Christine's on pre-order.
Kathleen
ack, such terrible writing, I couldn't get through the first chapter. wanted something fun and easy with a holiday theme. this was not it for me. no wonder it was 99 cents in nook books. just my opinion, folks!
Tarina
This was a great lite read for Christmas. I look forward to reading about the others in the Christmas Cookie Chronicles. Ms. Wilde has a great talent for writing a story that you can not put down.
Thought I would try a season-appropriate book. I'm not really the romance novel type, but it was a cute, fast read. I can definitely see this as a future Lifetime Movie Network feature.
Gmarie
This was an easy read. I enjoyed hearing more about Carrie who had been introduced in an earlier story. Good character development. I enjoyed this book enough to buy the next two.
Dawn
This book met a need that I had: mind candy. It was a short, sweet book that was easy to follow and as a bonus talked about knitting. Great holiday read!
Stella
It was a very cute and sweet holiday read, the kind of story you crave to watch around Christmas :-) Review to be posted soon.
Kimberly Russell
Total Lifetime Christmas movie in book form. Short and Sweet, I think the whole thing is 70 pages.
Julie
I needed a fun lunchtime read, I had this book in my Blio eBook library, and there you have it.
Margaret Dombrowski
The visit to Twilight Texas was charming quick read. totally enjoying the series!
Eileen
so cute! Got to see some old characters and some new. Love the town of Twilight.
Carrington Blencowe
Short story and really good! Read it around the holidays!
Kimberly
Really quick short read. Was ok.
Jewett
A SHORT FUN READ
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
JLS
JLS marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Jo-ann
Jo-ann marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
  • Holidays at Crescent Cove
  • Mine at Midnight
  • A Christmas for Katie: A Christmas Families of Honor Novella (Families of Honor #3.5)
  • Darn Good Cowboy Christmas (Spikes & Spurs, #3)
  • Five Golden Rings: A Christmas Collection
  • More Than This: A Novel
  • Mistletoe in Manhattan
  • Another Bad-Dog Book: Tales of Life, Love, and Neurotic Human Behavior
  • Reaching for the Stars
  • Buckles Me Baby (The Bootscootin' Books #3)
  • A Modern Day Persuasion: An Adaptation of Jane Austen's Novel
  • His Holiday Heart (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #8)
  • Trading Christmas
  • Live and Let Love (Agent Ex, #3)
  • The Burning Edge
  • Make Mine a Bad Boy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #2)
  • Holiday Affair (Kismet, Michigan, #2)
  • No Exchanges, No Returns (Return to Redemption, #4)
Lori Wilde can’t remember a time when she didn’t want to write. She even went to nursing school so she could have a schedule flexible enough to allow her to write on the side. She nursed for 20 years, working in a variety of settings from the newborn nursery to the recovery room, to dialysis. But she never lost her desire to write.

She sold her first book in 1994 to Silhouette Romance but later dis
More about Lori Wilde...

The Christmas Cookie Chronicles (4 books)
  • The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Raylene
  • The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Christine
  • The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Grace: A Twilight, Texas Story
The Cowboy Takes a Bride (Jubilee, Texas, #1) The First Love Cookie Club (Twilight, Texas, #3) The Sweethearts' Knitting Club (Twilight, Texas, #1) A Cowboy for Christmas (Jubilee, Texas, #3) The Cowboy and the Princess (Jubilee, Texas, #2)