Start by marking “The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Carrie: A Twilight, Texas Story” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Carrie: A Twilight, Texas Story

The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Carrie: A Twilight, Texas Story (The Christmas Cookie Chronicles #1)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  314 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews

Come join a meeting of the First Love Cookie Club!

“On Christmas Eve, if you sleep with kismet cookies under your pillow and dream of your own true love, he will be your destiny.”

Carrie MacGregor doesn’t believe this—not one bit. She might be a “paid up” member of the Cookie Club and the local Sweethearts Knitting Club, but she’s not about to give in to the forced ho-ho-h

Published November 15th 2011 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Cookie Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Cookie Chronicles

Laurie Garrison
Nov 18, 2011 Laurie Garrison rated it really liked it
When I seen this book come in through NetGalley I wanted it but since I hadn’t read a contemporary all year I passed, but it kept nagging at me. Then I seen that someone on goodreads reviewed it so I got my chance to find out if this is a standalone once the reviewers said yes I flew to NetGally’s email to get it and I am so glad I did because I LOVED IT. Lori Wilde is a new author to me and I want all of her books NOW!! LOL. I really enjoyed the way she writes.

This story flowed so well and it
Jackie
Nov 10, 2013 Jackie rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobook
"On Christmas Eve, if you sleep with kismet cookies under your pillow and dream of your own true love, he will be your destiny."

Carrie MacGregor doesn't believe this--not one bit. She might be a "paid up" member of the Cookie Club and the local Sweethearts Knitting Club, but she's not about to give in to the forced ho-ho-ho of the season. And why? Mark Leland. When he left town he broke Carrie's heart. Now, the local-guy-made good is back, hosting the reality show "Fact or Fantasy."

Fact: Mark br
Judith
Feb 07, 2012 Judith rated it really liked it
I can't even imagine what it would be like to live in a town that is totally given over to the belief that throwing a penny in the town fountain that celebrates long-time lovers who found each other after a 15 year absence will also mean that the owner of the penny will also find their first love again. Carrie has waited eight years to make that a reality in her life and now she no longer waits for the man who stole her heart years earlier. In fact, they eloped to Las Vegas, but when they return ...more
Julie Barrett
Nov 04, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it
This book starts out with Carrie, Carrie MacGregor and she hates Christmas.
She runs the town yarn store after the original one in town burned down. She heads up the town knitting club also and it's just a week from Thanksgiving.
The knitters ambushed her into decorating the shop because they knew why she'd never do it herself and we learn as the story goes on the reasons why...
This story also follows Mark Leland who is returning to the town to host his 'Fact or Fiction' myth buster show...
He is t
Joanne
Dec 23, 2011 Joanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas, lori-wilde
'The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Carrie' is the first of three novellas revisiting Lori Wilde's 'Twilight, Texas' series. I really enjoyed catching up with the characters and finding out about Carrie's story. I would have liked the book to be longer with more depth, but as a fan of the series I was happy to have this instalment.
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
Since the season is nearly upon us I couldn't resist the lure of this title when it was offered. It sounded like a sweet and easy holiday read, which it was, kind of, but in a empty calorie kind of way.
There was no mention of it being a novella in the description so this was an unexpectedly short read with not a lot of substance. There was simply no time for anything but vague characters and a bare bones plot and I repeatedly felt like I must have skipped a dozen pages here and there. I can only
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
originally posted at http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

Return to Twilight, Texas where high school sweethearts find their happily ever after. Twilight’s legend continues and brings two more sweethearts together over the holidays.

Carrie MacGregor hates Christmas; she is Scrooge and the Grinch rolled up into one. Christmas represents lost love, dashed hopes and a broken heart to Carrie, her mother passed away five Christmases ago from ALS and eight years ago Carrie’s high school sweetheart
Maggie
Oct 03, 2013 Maggie rated it liked it
Carrie MacGregor and Mark Leland were high school sweethearts. They couldn't see themselves separated by college, so when Mark was 19 and Carrie 17.5, they ran off to Vegas and got married. The marriage lasted 48 hours; when they returned to Twilight, Mark discovered he had been accepted to Columbia. Carrie made the sacrifice and called their marriage off.

Now a new TV show is coming to town, one that will challenge the legend of Twilight. And who is the host of the show? Mark Leland.

While I did
Kimberly
Dec 09, 2012 Kimberly rated it liked it
I have long enjoyed Lori Wilde’s Twilight Texas books featuring the Sweethearts Knitting Club and First Love Cookie Club so I was delighted to read The Christmas Chronicles novella featuring Carrie. I love small town romances and while I enjoyed revisiting and seeing some of my favorite characters, this novella works perfectly as a standalone. The romance was sweet, felt genuine and brought a smile to my face. The townsfolk and the television show added some interesting twists. Twilight Texas is ...more
Jean
Dec 06, 2015 Jean rated it it was amazing
True love wins out!

This is a sweet story of two young people who loved each other enough to want the best for each other and were finally smart enough to realize it was them all along!
Debra McEathron
Aug 02, 2015 Debra McEathron rated it it was amazing
Cute story

I enjoyed this story and I really liked the whole series. The stories are believable and fun. The cookies all sound delicious.
Cathy
Nov 24, 2011 Cathy rated it liked it
Cute story about Twilight, Texas - where first loves will always be reunited if a penny is thrown in the fountain.
Carrie has always loved Mark. In fact, years ago they were married for all of two days before getting an annulment. Mark went off to college and fame as a reality show host. Carrie now runs the Yarn Barn.
When Mark and his show come to town to look at the myth of Twilight you can expect sparks to fly between these first loves.
Brandy
Dec 10, 2011 Brandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the idea of the Chronicles for some of the characters from this series. This short story features Carrie, one of the women in the knitting club. It was fun and cute to dive back into the town of Twilight. To see Carrie get her HEA. I already have the next book ready to read, Raylene's story and the Christine's on pre-order.
Kathleen
Dec 19, 2012 Kathleen rated it did not like it
ack, such terrible writing, I couldn't get through the first chapter. wanted something fun and easy with a holiday theme. this was not it for me. no wonder it was 99 cents in nook books. just my opinion, folks!
Tarina
Dec 23, 2012 Tarina rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, ebook, romance, 2012
This was a great lite read for Christmas. I look forward to reading about the others in the Christmas Cookie Chronicles. Ms. Wilde has a great talent for writing a story that you can not put down.
Dec 13, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it
Thought I would try a season-appropriate book. I'm not really the romance novel type, but it was a cute, fast read. I can definitely see this as a future Lifetime Movie Network feature.
Gaylen Matlock
Feb 25, 2013 Gaylen Matlock rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nook-books
This was an easy read. I enjoyed hearing more about Carrie who had been introduced in an earlier story. Good character development. I enjoyed this book enough to buy the next two.
Dawn
Dec 15, 2015 Dawn rated it really liked it
This book met a need that I had: mind candy. It was a short, sweet book that was easy to follow and as a bonus talked about knitting. Great holiday read!
Stella
Nov 18, 2011 Stella rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, for-review, 2011
It was a very cute and sweet holiday read, the kind of story you crave to watch around Christmas :-) Review to be posted soon.
Kimberly Russell
Dec 07, 2012 Kimberly Russell rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Total Lifetime Christmas movie in book form. Short and Sweet, I think the whole thing is 70 pages.
Julie
Nov 16, 2012 Julie rated it liked it
I needed a fun lunchtime read, I had this book in my Blio eBook library, and there you have it.
Margaret Dombrowski
Dec 08, 2011 Margaret Dombrowski rated it really liked it
The visit to Twilight Texas was charming quick read. totally enjoying the series!
Eileen
Nov 16, 2011 Eileen rated it really liked it
so cute! Got to see some old characters and some new. Love the town of Twilight.
Carrington Blencowe
Mar 26, 2013 Carrington Blencowe rated it it was amazing
Short story and really good! Read it around the holidays!
Kimberly
Dec 13, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was ok
Really quick short read. Was ok.
Cathy
Jun 10, 2012 Jewett rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook, 2012
A SHORT FUN READ
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Angie Fournier
Angie Fournier rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2016
  • Mistletoe in Manhattan
  • Five Golden Rings: A Christmas Collection
  • Darn Good Cowboy Christmas (Spikes & Spurs, #3)
  • Holidays at Crescent Cove
  • A Christmas for Katie (Families of Honor #3.5)
  • Reaching for the Stars
  • Buckles Me Baby (The Bootscootin' Books #3)
  • A Modern Day Persuasion: An Adaptation of Jane Austen's Novel
  • High-Stakes Holiday Reunion (The Security Experts, #3)
  • Another Bad-Dog Book: Tales of Life, Love, and Neurotic Human Behavior
  • Holiday Affair (Kismet, Michigan, #2)
  • More Than This: A Novel
  • Mine at Midnight
  • His Holiday Heart (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #8)
  • Star Fish
  • Live and Let Love (Agent Ex, #3)
  • Marrying Cade
  • Christmas at the Crescent
Lori Wilde can’t remember a time when she didn’t want to write. She even went to nursing school so she could have a schedule flexible enough to allow her to write on the side. She nursed for 20 years, working in a variety of settings from the newborn nursery to the recovery room, to dialysis. But she never lost her desire to write.

She sold her first book in 1994 to Silhouette Romance but later dis
More about Lori Wilde...

The Christmas Cookie Chronicles (4 books)
  • The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Raylene