Start by marking “I Would Die for You: One Student's Story of Passion, Service, and Faith” as Want to Read:
I Would Die for You: One Student's Story of Passion, Service, and Faith

I Would Die for You: One Student's Story of Passion, Service, and Faith

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  24 reviews
In a day of iPods and MySpace, when adolescents can seem self-serving and self-absorbed, the powerful story of the life of BJ Higgins proves that things can be otherwise. BJ's life was one of passionate service to God and to other people. He even inspired Bart Millard, lead singer of Mercy Me, to write and record a song to honor him. After a six-week battle with an infecti ...more
Published January 1st 2008 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about I Would Die for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Would Die for You

Lacy Lovelace
Every Christian and Non-Christian should own this book! I found out about this book through reading the back of it at Hastings. It is a VERY inspirational story that will motivate you to follow Christ or to have a stronger relationship with the Lord if you are already a Christian.

Brent and Deanna Higgins are the parents of BJ Higgins and they have written the first half of the story in a way that helps you understand the steps to becoming a strong Christian. Really, this is shown throughout the
Danae
Jul 27, 2011 Danae added it
amazing book! its more than inspiring, its a battle cry. bj higgins is an amazing guy and i cant wait to meet him in Heaven! i highly recommend this book!
Charlesia
When was the lat time you gave your all - for God?

Love is not just an emotion, as the world sees it. It is action. While admittedly it does have emtoion involved with it, it is not an unstable or changeable as emtions are. effections come and go, grow and fade, but love does not. It is constant because it is more than an emotion; it is more of a constant state of selflessness that produces action.

1 Corinithians 13:4-7. Now that we ahve established that love is action, this passage states seven
Katie W
This is a powerful story of a young man named BJ Higgins who knew God from a very young age and even then knew what it meant to experience God’s love and truth, and also knew what it meant to live for God with passion and love and to share that with others. The knowledge and insights he gained from his relationship with God are profound and inspiring. (I highly recommend that you read this book for yourself. I learned a lot from his words and his life.)

He died at the age of 15 after returning fr
Deanna
What an amazing life that was lived in just 15 years, such proof that God is in control of everything and every situation we face, and that He knows our dreams and our intimate thoughts! I felt such a peace reading this book, I highly recommend it to anyone!
Anne
Jul 25, 2014 Anne rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
Good example and role model. A little choppy to read due to excerpts from friends, journal entries, life information.
Cassandra
Amazing biography! God did so much in his lifespan.
Kyra
Very inspiring book.
Amanda
This Book is truly inspiring to me as a Christian. This boy BJ Higgins was an amazing person who did so many good things with his life and really understood what life was all about. He knew what love was and he was never a negative person because he always knew God was watching out for him. His tragic death brought me to tears, but his legacy will live in forever.
Candace
Another great book! At first I thought it was sad but then I realized that he was doing what he wanted to do and being completely unselfish. I admire him so much. He impacted so many lives. It's amazing how God can take his story and use it to impact people from all over the world. This is a must read.
Christy
Wow, this book was amazing. I am reminded of what true faith in God is all about through BJ's story. In his short life, He accomplished more than what most Christians accomplish in their entire lives. To have faith like that is what we as Christians should strive for in our lives every day.
Morgan
I would recommend this book to anyone. it's very, very touching and a great spirtual book. this really helped me to strengthen my faith with Christ. it's a biography about a 16 year old boy and his heart for Christ. he died when he was only a teen and he was an amazing person.
Kimberly
The story itself of BJ is wonderful. I just did not like the way it was written. I didn't like every other paragraph being something they pulled off the blog. I wish they would have just written BJ's story then put the comments.
We should all aspire to be like BJ.
Caleb
An amazing story of a passionate servant of God. BJ Higgins. A child who "Got it" about God's Word and the plans He has in store for us. Not only did he read the Bible daily, but he practiced what it said. Pursuing God and realizing his need for grace.
Christi Brewster
This book contains journal entries, blogging, emails and comments from many. It is a different kind of book. I enjoyed seeing what a young person could do - but a tragic death took him early. Very inspiring to be proactive with your faith.
Becca
I love this book! What I found so amazing about it was that B.J. is just a kid, but had a passion for God and God used him in amazing ways. Definitely convicting and inspiring. A must read.
Linda Phillips
Very touching . . . Great remidner to live your life for God and not yourself. Amazing Christian young man whos legacy has just begun.
David Kless
BJ Higgins' story is inspirational. As you read and after, be sure to follow the PrayforBJ blog - it's still maintained by his parents.
most spiritually-challenging book I've read in a long time - what a life of PASSION...unyielding faith and courage...BJ is my new hero!!
Ryan Reach
Getting a glimpse into BJ's thoughts through his journal entries and seeing how God used him to touch so many lives was amazing.
Sal
A great, but sad, story to remind people that age is irrelevant when it comes to living your purpose and making an impact.
L.N. Cronk
This is one of my favorite books of all time! I love it and would highly recommend it to everyone!
Mark
Convicting book about the passion and courage of a young man.
Lauren
very inspirational!
Paige Todd
Paige Todd marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Faith
Faith marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Mikayla
Mikayla marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Amy  Harris
Amy Harris is currently reading it
Jan 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Open: What Happens When You Get Real, Get Honest, and Get Accountable
  • Jesus Freaks: Stories of Revolutionaries Who Changed Their World: Fearing God, Not Man
  • Night of the Living Dead Christian: One Man's Ferociously Funny Quest to Discover What It Means to Be Truly Transformed
  • Don't Waste Your Life Study Guide
  • The Good Life
  • Loveology: God. Love. Marriage. Sex. And the never-ending story of male and female.
  • One Thing You Can't Do in Heaven
  • Out of the Saltshaker: Evangelism as a Way of Life
  • The New Answers Book: Over 25 Questions on Creation/Evolution and the Bible
  • Saved Without A Doubt: Being Sure of Your Salvation (John MacArthur Study)
  • Satisfy My Thirsty Soul: For I Am Desperate for Your Presence
  • Outriders
  • Jesus Culture: Living a Life That Transforms the World
  • Pure: A 90-Day Devotional for the Mind, the Body & the Spirit
  • How Can I Develop A Christian Conscience? (Crucial Questions, #15)
  • Alive: A Cold-Case Approach To The Resurrection