Start by marking “I Would Die for You: One Student's Story of Passion, Service, and Faith” as Want to Read:
I Would Die for You: One Student's Story of Passion, Service, and Faith

I Would Die for You: One Student's Story of Passion, Service, and Faith

4.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  146 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
In a day of iPods and MySpace, when adolescents can seem self-serving and self-absorbed, the powerful story of the life of BJ Higgins proves that things can be otherwise. BJ's life was one of passionate service to God and to other people. He even inspired Bart Millard, lead singer of Mercy Me, to write and record a song to honor him. After a six-week battle with an infecti ...more
Published January 1st 2008 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about I Would Die for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Would Die for You

Lacy Lovelace
Apr 06, 2014 Lacy Lovelace rated it it was amazing
Every Christian and Non-Christian should own this book! I found out about this book through reading the back of it at Hastings. It is a VERY inspirational story that will motivate you to follow Christ or to have a stronger relationship with the Lord if you are already a Christian.

Brent and Deanna Higgins are the parents of BJ Higgins and they have written the first half of the story in a way that helps you understand the steps to becoming a strong Christian. Really, this is shown throughout the
Danae
Jul 27, 2011 Danae added it
amazing book! its more than inspiring, its a battle cry. bj higgins is an amazing guy and i cant wait to meet him in Heaven! i highly recommend this book!
Jessica Halt
Sep 05, 2015 Jessica Halt rated it liked it
Shelves: biography
Definitely not what I expected...and since it is mostly just a hodge-podge of journal entries, web blog postings, and Bible verses, with some story-line to connect it all, it was a struggle to get through some chapters. There wasn't quite enough about this BJ kid in the beginning for me to care enough to scrutinize his every journal entry, etc. and came across a bit like, my kid was a better Christian than you. I know that wasn't their intentions and the end was good, but it made it a struggle f ...more
Charlesia
May 18, 2010 Charlesia rated it it was amazing
When was the lat time you gave your all - for God?

Love is not just an emotion, as the world sees it. It is action. While admittedly it does have emtoion involved with it, it is not an unstable or changeable as emtions are. effections come and go, grow and fade, but love does not. It is constant because it is more than an emotion; it is more of a constant state of selflessness that produces action.

1 Corinithians 13:4-7. Now that we ahve established that love is action, this passage states seven
Katie W
Nov 15, 2008 Katie W rated it it was amazing
This is a powerful story of a young man named BJ Higgins who knew God from a very young age and even then knew what it meant to experience God’s love and truth, and also knew what it meant to live for God with passion and love and to share that with others. The knowledge and insights he gained from his relationship with God are profound and inspiring. (I highly recommend that you read this book for yourself. I learned a lot from his words and his life.)

He died at the age of 15 after returning fr
Deanna
Jan 31, 2014 Deanna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bios-and-mems, 2014
What an amazing life that was lived in just 15 years, such proof that God is in control of everything and every situation we face, and that He knows our dreams and our intimate thoughts! I felt such a peace reading this book, I highly recommend it to anyone!
Anne
Jul 25, 2014 Anne rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Good example and role model. A little choppy to read due to excerpts from friends, journal entries, life information.
Cassandra
Feb 08, 2014 Cassandra rated it it was amazing
Amazing biography! God did so much in his lifespan.
Cassie
Aug 12, 2015 Cassie rated it liked it
It was a very good story of a young man loving Christ.
Kyra
Jan 23, 2015 Kyra rated it it was amazing
Very inspiring book.
Christine
Feb 05, 2016 Christine rated it it was amazing
In the beginning it was a struggle. It took me almost a month to get through the first several chapters. But I don't think it had to do with the writing as much as my heart. As I continued there were so many things that really forced me to think about my walk with the Lord. Over the past two days I am seeing changes not only in my reading of the Bible but my prayer life as well. And like him when I see the growth I feel the battle. This book was both convicting and encouraging.
Amanda
Jan 05, 2009 Amanda rated it it was amazing
This Book is truly inspiring to me as a Christian. This boy BJ Higgins was an amazing person who did so many good things with his life and really understood what life was all about. He knew what love was and he was never a negative person because he always knew God was watching out for him. His tragic death brought me to tears, but his legacy will live in forever.
Christy
Jul 10, 2010 Christy rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book was amazing. I am reminded of what true faith in God is all about through BJ's story. In his short life, He accomplished more than what most Christians accomplish in their entire lives. To have faith like that is what we as Christians should strive for in our lives every day.
Morgan
Jun 16, 2010 Morgan rated it it was amazing
I would recommend this book to anyone. it's very, very touching and a great spirtual book. this really helped me to strengthen my faith with Christ. it's a biography about a 16 year old boy and his heart for Christ. he died when he was only a teen and he was an amazing person.
Kimberly
Apr 21, 2012 Kimberly rated it liked it
The story itself of BJ is wonderful. I just did not like the way it was written. I didn't like every other paragraph being something they pulled off the blog. I wish they would have just written BJ's story then put the comments.
We should all aspire to be like BJ.
Caleb
Oct 09, 2012 Caleb rated it it was amazing
An amazing story of a passionate servant of God. BJ Higgins. A child who "Got it" about God's Word and the plans He has in store for us. Not only did he read the Bible daily, but he practiced what it said. Pursuing God and realizing his need for grace.
Christi Brewster
May 09, 2008 Christi Brewster rated it really liked it
This book contains journal entries, blogging, emails and comments from many. It is a different kind of book. I enjoyed seeing what a young person could do - but a tragic death took him early. Very inspiring to be proactive with your faith.
Becca
Jun 08, 2009 Becca rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I love this book! What I found so amazing about it was that B.J. is just a kid, but had a passion for God and God used him in amazing ways. Definitely convicting and inspiring. A must read.
Linda Phillips
Jul 02, 2011 Linda Phillips rated it it was amazing
Very touching . . . Great remidner to live your life for God and not yourself. Amazing Christian young man whos legacy has just begun.
David Kless
May 29, 2008 David Kless rated it it was amazing
BJ Higgins' story is inspirational. As you read and after, be sure to follow the PrayforBJ blog - it's still maintained by his parents.
Mar 08, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
most spiritually-challenging book I've read in a long time - what a life of PASSION...unyielding faith and courage...BJ is my new hero!!
Ryan Reach
May 22, 2013 Ryan Reach rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Getting a glimpse into BJ's thoughts through his journal entries and seeing how God used him to touch so many lives was amazing.
Sal
Apr 25, 2010 Sal rated it really liked it
A great, but sad, story to remind people that age is irrelevant when it comes to living your purpose and making an impact.
L.N. Cronk
Oct 07, 2011 L.N. Cronk rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books of all time! I love it and would highly recommend it to everyone!
Mark
Jan 12, 2011 Mark rated it really liked it
Convicting book about the passion and courage of a young man.
Lauren
Jul 05, 2009 Lauren rated it it was amazing
very inspirational!
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
Blanca Waterman
Blanca Waterman rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2016
Lindsy Whittaker
Lindsy Whittaker marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Trulyaragorn
Trulyaragorn rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
  • Jesus Freaks: Stories of Revolutionaries Who Changed Their World: Fearing God, Not Man
  • Night of the Living Dead Christian: One Man's Ferociously Funny Quest to Discover What It Means to Be Truly Transformed
  • Don't Waste Your Life Study Guide
  • The Good Life
  • Do I Know God?: Finding Certainty in Life's Most Important Relationship
  • The New Answers Book: Over 25 Questions on Creation/Evolution and the Bible
  • One Thing You Can't Do in Heaven
  • Pure: A 90-Day Devotional for the Mind, the Body & the Spirit
  • Out of the Saltshaker: Evangelism as a Way of Life
  • Alive: A Cold-Case Approach To The Resurrection
  • Loveology: God. Love. Marriage. Sex. And the never-ending story of male and female.
  • Satisfy My Thirsty Soul: For I Am Desperate for Your Presence
  • Jesus Culture: Living a Life That Transforms the World
  • The Power of a Praying Teen
  • City on Our Knees
  • What Is Baptism? (Crucial Questions, #11)
  • Manga Messiah