Start by marking “Locked in Silence (Grimm's Circle, #5)” as Want to Read:
Locked in Silence (Grimm's Circle, #5)

Locked in Silence (Grimm's Circle #5)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Dying is hard enough. Coming back to life is brutal.

Vanya has been hunting and killing demons ever since one of them scarred her face and killed her sister. Correction—since she was forced to kill the demon possessing her sister.

Then some sort of angel offers her a deal she can’t refuse—that if she becomes one of them, she gets to kill even more demons. Tonight, she’s made
Published August 7th 2012 by Samhain Publishing (first published September 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Locked in Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Locked in Silence

Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
Oh Shiloh has done it again. She has sucked me back into the world of the Grimm’s. Once I am there I don’t want to leave. I want to hang out the Grimm’s and learn all of their secrets. And I really don’t want to give away any spoilers. So while my review is short let me tell you to LOVED this book.

Locked in Silence introduces us to a new Grimm: Silence. He has been a long for as long as he can remember. Silence thinks alone is good. No one gets hurt when you are alone. But that is all about to c
Theresa
The only reasons I continued reading this series is that curious about the story behind the characters, I like Will and want to see his HEA and I also kept hoping it’d get better. Well, it hasn’t so I’m going to do something I rarely do and that’s quit the series. I may finish at a later date but probably not since I have so many other series I want to read.

The problem with is one is that again there was too much emoting, miscommunication and angst over the relationship and not enough demon fi
Lia
Much much better than the other Grimm books I've read. Not quite up to par with Walker's "The Missing" or Rafferty series, but there are very few skips and jumps in the storyline and the romance felt real rather than forced.

One thing that really bothered me is how we don't learn more about the characters. Through flashbacks and random hints we learn a lot about Silence's past, but not enough. We learn about his childhood, but nothing about his life as a Grimm - and he's obviously been one for a
Ibrium
I was a little lost at first. I borrowed the Kindle edition from my library, not realizing that Locked in Silence is the fifth book in a series. The prologue meant absolutely nothing to me, and then it took a while for me to figure out what it had to do with the rest of the book. Eventually I got it, and ended up enjoying the story for the most part.

The world building was a little lacking, however, I'm sure that is due to this being part of a well-established series and the author wanting (righ
Tracy
My Favorite of the Series
She has known about demons for a long time, since she was attacked by one and managed to kill it. It had been possessing her sister at the time. Vanya bears the ragged scar on her cheek as a perpetual reminder, not that she needs one. Not that she could ever forget killing the thing that wore her beloved sister's face after it stole her soul.

Since then, she's made it her mission in life to kill as many demons as she can, all the while knowing it is just a matter of time
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Shiloh Walker has once again added to her Grimm’s Circle series. I love this world, with its dark side, and its wonderful sense of honor and duty.

Vanya is a hunter, but not for the usual prey. She hunts and kills demons, like the one that possessed her sister. That was the first demon she killed, and she has the scars to show for it. But it wasn’t her last, and one day, she was made an offer to join with a group whose one goal is to s
Lindsey ( United By Books Reviews)
My Thoughts: I firstly have to thank Shiloh and Nicole for letting me have a ARC of Locked in Silence. I was introduced to the world of the Grimm's Circle by a good friend and fell in love with the series. If you haven't read them yet, you should check them out. This latest installment in the series didn't disappoint me at all. I gobbled the book up and wanted more. Vanya has never had a easy life...for that matter, neither has Silence. I wont give a summary cause I don't want to give much away ...more
Jenne
2.5
Vanya is a demon killer who's turned into a Grimm (kind of like a warrior/guardian angel). Silence is her mentor and trainer. He trusts no one and has had a horrible past. He has a hard time letting anyone in. They both love each other but in typical PNR fashion lots of miscommunication. The last half was ok and like in typical PNR the HEA was sweet it was just getting there that was the challenge! The love scenes were pretty hot and the demon fighting was ok. This was just too cookie cutter
Nikki
I loved it! And holy s**t was I surprised by Silence's fairy tale identity! Although, once it was revealed, I could totally see it! This is my current favorite in this series! I was so happy to see the two find their happy ending after the crap they had to go through in their lives. Now I have to wait for the next... Shiloh Walker is definitely on my watch list! Great author and great stories!
Jackie (Literary Escapism)
Another fabulous tale from Shiloh Walker. I love how she uses fairy tales that one typically doesn't see. I'm not going to say who Silence is, but I can tell you I would never have guessed his identity. So can't wait for book 6. Now I want to know who Finn is.
Gina
I love Grimm stories! I love to try and figure out who the character is/was. This one is great...never saw it coming! The main characters are completely connected and the other Grimm are mad fun!
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
She dies? Interesting. How? "This book contains: [..] demon-angel sandwiches.." LOL lovely, a tbr-soon book indeed;)
Stacey Allison
Loved Locked in Silence. It would have been 5 stars, but I removed a star for personal reasons.
Shelley
I really liked this one! Possibly because the guy couldn't speak...lol!
Amra Isović
Amra Isović marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Keygan
Keygan marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
  • Alliance Forged (The Light Blade, #2)
  • Shattered
  • Dancing Days (Helicon Muses, #1)
  • Blood of the Wolf (Cruentus Dragons, #3)
  • Changing Grace (Beyond Time, #2)
  • The Catalyst (Preternaturals, # 3)
  • Blood Doll (Vampire Agápe, #3)
  • Before Dawn (The Hunters, #1)
  • Blood Moon (Moonstruck, #1)
  • The Omegas (Vanguards, #1)
  • Hunter of the Heart
  • Lonely Alpha (Half Moon Shifters, #1)
  • Dark Heirloom (An Ema Marx Novel, #1)
  • Ignition (Ignition Trilogy, #1)
  • Eternal Spring
  • Princess of the Damned
  • Dark Vow (Arcane, #1)
  • My Shifter Showmance (Shifting Reality, #1)
Hello... thanks for swinging by. I don't log into Goodreads much, so if you have questions, please visit my website to email me through my site.
Thank you!

My other me.... J.C. Daniels

Bio...

Shiloh Walker has been writing since she was a kid. She fell in love with vampires with the book Bunnicula and has worked her way up to the more...ah...serious vampire stories. She loves reading and writing anyt
More about Shiloh Walker...

Grimm's Circle (9 books)
  • Candy Houses (Grimm's Circle, #1)
  • No Prince Charming (Grimm's Circle, #2)
  • Crazed Hearts (Grimm's Circle, #3)
  • Tarnished Knight (Grimm's Circle, #4)
  • Grimm Tidings (Grimm's Circle, #6)
  • Blind Destiny (Grimm's Circle, #7)
  • Furious Fire (Grimm's Circle, #8)
  • The Second Book of Grimm (Grimm's Circle, #3 & 4)
If You Hear Her (The Ash Trilogy, #1) Fragile (Rafferty, #1) The Missing (The FBI Psychics, #1) Broken (Rafferty, #2) If You See Her (The Ash Trilogy, #2)