Start by marking “Forget Not Love: The Passion of Maximilian Kolbe” as Want to Read:
Forget Not Love: The Passion of Maximilian Kolbe

Forget Not Love: The Passion of Maximilian Kolbe

The famous French author's unique writing style captivates the reader with the heroic story of Saint Maximilian Kolbe, a modern apostle of Catholic evangelization, Marian spirituality, and a martyr of charity. With the encouragement of Pope John Paul II and the help of documentation (some unpublished) given to him by the Vatican, Frossard chronicles the dramatic and moving ...more
Published October 1st 1991 by Ignatius Press

To ask other readers questions about Forget Not Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forget Not Love

booklady
Excellent introduction to one of last century’s most celebrated saints. Reading this account of the life of Father Maximilian Kolbe by André Frossard whetted my appetite to learn more about this unusual Marian mystic and martyr. Written in a familiar style unencumbered by footnotes, Forget Not Love speaks to the heart. Those looking for hard dates and facts will probably be disappointed. And yet I found Frossard’s informality refreshing. I especially liked when and how he interjected controversi ...more
Anne
Nov 05, 2013 Anne rated it liked it
This is the first book about St. Maximilian Kolbe that I have read. His life is simply amazing, and I enjoyed learning about it, but the author's style wasn't as compelling for me.
Ryan
Jun 16, 2012 Ryan rated it it was ok
I obviously love St. Maximilian Kolbe (named one of my sons after him), but I have to hope there's a better biography about him out there.
Michael Hermann
Jul 21, 2014 Michael Hermann rated it it was ok
I have read a few biographies on Maximillian Kolbe, and by all rights his life is quite interesting and very inspiring, but for me, this book did virtually nothing to show this. I was not a fan of Frossard's writing style, it seemed to flowery and very forced. He seemed to want to explain more of the details of events happening at the time Kolbe was alive than he did of the actual events that happened to Kolbe while he was alive. I was extremely disappointed that Frossard didn't go into more ...more
J.T. Therrien
Nov 04, 2014 J.T. Therrien rated it really liked it
Forget Not Love was a lovely, heartbreaking story of an incredible saint-in-the-making.

I knew practically nothing of St. Maximilian Kolbe and this book explained much about this tireless Franciscan priest's life leading to his tragic death at Auschwitz concentration camp.

The author's (Frossard) main objective was to illustrate the reasons why the Devil's Advocate had difficulty discerning whether or not Maximilian Kolbe should be considered a martyr for the Church. Frossard accomplished this aim
Jessen
Jun 27, 2014 Jessen rated it did not like it
I love St Maximilian Kolbe, but I couldn't finish this book. I don't see how it encourages devotion, and wouldn't recommend it. As an example, here is one of the quotes I had a problem with:
"Sanctity comes with age, the combat, the laborious searching, and the agonized preference for perfection – that is, if it exists and if it is not just a form of pathological obsession that today we might rather tend to treat than to admire."
Juan
Apr 14, 2013 Juan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"No olvidéis el amor" es la recomendación que Maximiliano Kolbe pronuncia a los seiscientos franciscanos que dirigia como superior de, luego de que Hitler cruza la frontera polaca, y le indican que debe dispersar su comunidad. Un libro que demuestra la entrega desinteresada y amorosa por el otro, hasta el don de la vida misma, a ejemplo de nuestro Señor Jesucristo.
Jen
Aug 17, 2015 Jen rated it liked it
A fast read and an inspiring life. This is about a saint and Franciscan martyred at Auschwitz. Yet this is not a sad story. In his love of the blessed Mother Mary, he is a beautiful model of giving his life for others. I gave it three stars because I wanted it to be longer and include more of the saint's writings, which are always deeply moving when included.
Marlin Harrison
Marlin Harrison rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2008
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2014
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2014
Christina
Christina rated it liked it
May 09, 2015
Joe Praska
Joe Praska rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2015
Pamela J argy
Pamela J argy rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2015
Ellen
Ellen rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2010
Benjamín
Benjamín rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2013
Ju
Ju rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2014
Andy
Andy rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2012
Audrey Ahern
Audrey Ahern rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2015
Stefano
Stefano rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Sue
Sue rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2015
Christi
Christi rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2015
Jo
Jo rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2011
Susie
Susie rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2015
Steve Bevan
Steve Bevan rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2014
Lorenzo Ramírez
Lorenzo Ramírez rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2012
Carollozano
Carollozano rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2011