Freaky By Nature (SEALS, Inc., #3)

Freaky By Nature (SEALS, Inc. #3)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  880 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Brett Steele, PI didn't realize there was a politically correct term for stripping until he met Holly London. Initially drawn to her talent, he soon learns there is much more to the "sensual dance" instructor than he thought. Holly has a secret that may change her life forever. When the atmosphere warns her she is the target of a madman, she must expose the secret and trus...more
Published October 18th 2011 by Mia Dymond, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Freaky By Nature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freaky By Nature

Emily
The moment former SEAL Brett Steele saw Holly bathing naked, he knew he had to meet her. When she got shot, he was there to help with her recovery, everything he did drew him closer to what he thought was a mutual possibility of a relationship, however when he asked Holly out she politely turned him down time and time again.

Holly has secrets, not only does she use her body as an art form of sensual dance, she also can read peoples auras. Having lived with this since a child, she has found there...more
Judi
A sensuous dancer/business woman and a hot former SEAL - yes Freaky by Nature is Holly and Brett’s story and the third in this series.

Holly is the owner of a gym cleverly titled Fitness in the Buff(I love the name!), she teaches pole dancing, does a little extracurricular naughty dancing herself on the side as Madame X and likes to sunbathe nude...which Brett has seen first hand.

Brett’s been wanting to get close to the cool Ms. Holly but she’s been keeping him at arms length. So when her health...more
Anita
Another great Seals Inc book! This story is Holly - a local fitness center owner and Brett - PI and part of Seals, Inc. Things have been happening around Holly's work and she just accounts them as vandalism. Brett and the Seals Inc guy get involved when when one act of vandalism goes to far. Holly doesn't have too many friends - the fewer people who know her secrets the better. But she counts Rachel and Cameron as two of them. As Brett and the guys try to figure out who is behind the increasing...more
Tanya
Brett of SEALS, Inc., a private security company with his buddies from the other books, is tasked with helping Holly when she is targeted but an apparent stalker of some kind. They met before in book 2, but in this one they are the stars and fall in love, of course. Holly has a secret she fears will make Brett not want a relationship. Brett his his own secrets, including Claire, who we meet in this book, leading up to her own book (#4) in the series. Of course, the last pages are a complete setu...more
Sheryl
I thought Max from Outspoken Angel was hot, but that was before i read about Brett...phwoarr!!!! I am so on him like butter on bread! Can't wait till Shadow and Claire's story comes out!!
Helen Barnes
I have to say I didn't enjoy this one as much as #2 but I don't think I expected to because I don't think any of the couples were going to be as entertaining or amusing as Max and Cameron.
There was come continuity problems because its only been a month since the end of the second book yet Cameron is 'heavily' pregnant & cannot tell if her shoes are tied?
I did like Holly but Steele was the clincher for me, he sounded gorgeous & his inner demons just made him more real.
The description of...more
Lorraine Sears
July
Holly London can read Aura's and she feels like a freak. So she keeps to herself. She owns a gym and she teaches pole dancing. Former Navy Seal Brett Steele sees Holly while on a case next door to her house. He actually sees her sunbathing in the nude and cannot get her out of his mind. When she is shot on the case he must stop the bleeding and he ends up taking her shorts off and she has no panties on. All this takes place in the previous book. Now Steele must protect Holly because she has a ki...more
Stephanie
As with all the books I noticed the disturbing editing issue that on more than one occasion it appears scenes have been cut/edited out but following events/scenes don't seem to take this into account so the reader is left with a huge what the F%$^& am I missing feeling.
I've also noticed this author suffers from an inexplicable inability to understand the flow of time. She has elements in scenes as if months have pasted yet the characters will be talking/acting as if it is only a day or week...more
Christine Rossman
This was the best so far. I couldn't put it down either. The characters are so easy to fall in love with.
Stacy
These books a friggin' HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!! I am hooked-can't wait to read the next one!
ツ Renée
Not my favorite of the series, but an entertaining read nevertheless. I loved Brett. Holly was okay, but she irritated me the way she constantly rejected him after all he did to protect her, care for her – prove to her that she could trust him. I believe in equal opportunity groveling, and damn it…she should have groveled more than she did. That being said, I thought they made a very cute, very sensual couple. As usual, Max and Cameron stole the show with their antics. I enjoyed the banter and t...more
Vonjie
I got bored... i didn't end this book..
Freaky by Nature is Mia Dymond's third book in her Seals, Inc. series. Each book can be read as a stand alone book but they all feature recurring characters so I do recommend reading the other books too.

In Freaky by Nature, Brett Steele gets the opportunity to help quirky Holly London. Someone is stalking Holly and sabotaging her gym so the Seal teams steps in to help. I enjoyed the story line and really enjoyed Holly, thought she was a great interesting character. Definitely recommend this stor...more
Judith
Another fun read in this quirky and delightful series about big brawny men and sassy and unusual women. It's the kind of book that will engage the imagination, and although some have styled the book as "formula" writing, I think it is just lots of good writing with some mystery thrown in, continuing background context that keeps updating the reader on characters who have already been featured in previous books, and the kind of "love em large" that romance readers really dig.
JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends
OMG, I'm addicted to these books. I can't believe how much I love them. Who wouldn't want their very own Navy SEAL to come in to save the day!!!!

This is Holly and Brett's story and the storyline includes another dimension which carries over into the next book in the form of Claire, Brett's sister.

I'm off to read book 4 ;)
Mhari
..... And now I have to read the next one, damn! And I don't normally read this kinda series , I much prefer ones with the same hero/heroine in it, then again I am an urban fantasy/paranormal addict, which this one had a wee touch of, definitely in "guilty pleasures" area for me these ones. Though I must say gotta love Max and Cam.....
Connie Taylor
Another good read in the SEALS, Inc. series. The story is about Holly and Brett. She is a self made businesswoman and psychic who sees people's auras. Brett is part of the SEALS team and a psychic anchor. Holly has someone after her from the past. During the case, Holly and Brett discover their love, and how they overcome their fears.
Nina Pedrosa
Not
as much as fun as Max and Cameron were, but Holly and Brett had their
moment. The best part of the book though was exactly the parts where
Brett and Holly weren't having a 'moment' together. I just love how the
other characters in the series always keep coming back and Claire and
Shadow have much,much to give us. :)
Loved it just as much as the first two!!!
Angie
Holly and Brett's story was different from the first two with the added paranormal angle. The story was still strong along with the characters. It's nice that you get to see the characters from the previous books and you kinda get to see how they've been since their book ended.
Christina Montminy
#3 in the series is just as good as the other 2......Brett & Holly are thrown together when he has to protect her from someone who wants to do harm to her. But Holly has a big secret & doesn't know if Brett will look at her the same way when he finds out. Looking forward to #4
Heidi
Almost too formulaic, even down to the location of the sex scenes within the book. It's like a little bit is doled out to tick the box. It's getting a bit boring. Was hoping for more in the romance dept. these are hardly erotic/a and not even suspense. Blah
Rachel
Sometimes you read a series that the first book is the best and the rest just get worse and worse as you continue on. This is NOT one of those series. The first book was really good, the second was fantastic, and this one was even better!
HotReadingMom
Good for the series; quick read
FrAnCisCa
this is one of my favorite stories from Mia Dymond.
Holly a girl with a secret and trust issues but when trouble comes around she has to open up and trust in the last person she wants into her heart.
Janett Gomez
From all of the Seals book this is my least favorite. I just didn't feel the chemistry between the main characters and the plot felt a little forced. Not completely bad but not the best.
Christina
This is not my favorite thus far in the SEALs, Inc. series. It almost had a "*yawn* factor to it. I wonder what the next one will be like?
Samantha
All was resolved just a little bit to quickly and the action moved a bit to fast so at some points I wasnt really sure who was who.
Tracy
Loved this book and Can Not wait until the 4th book comes out. Ms Dymond is very good at setting up her next book!!!! Great read!
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Shattered Valor (Red Team, #2)
  • Hell or High Water (Lost and Found, Inc., #1)
  • Miami, Mistletoe & Murder (Red Stone Security, #4)
  • Guardian (Dark Ops, #5)
  • Under the Covers
  • Breaking Free (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #1)
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
  • Winters Heat (Titan, #1)
  • Daring (A-Tac, #3.5)
  • Embattled Minds (Lost and Found, #2)
  • The Hunter (Crossfire, #2)
  • Midnight Lies (Wildefire, #2)
  • Rev It Up (Black Knights Inc., #3)
Leather, Lace and Rock-n-Roll (SEALS, Inc., #1) Outspoken Angel (SEALS, Inc., #2) Tightly Wound (SEALS, Inc., #4) Tattoo My Heart (Heroes of Seaside Point, #1) Playing with Fire (Primrose, Minnesota, #1)