Start by marking “Behind the Mirror (Return of the Ancients, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Behind the Mirror (Return of the Ancients, #0.5)

Behind the Mirror (The Glass Wall #0.5)

3.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  236 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Rafael is a Fate Tracker, protecting his world and Earth from disaster, but what should he do when disaster appears in the form of love?
Published October 11th 2011 (first published September 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Mirror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind the Mirror

Angel Graham
This is the prequel to the Glass Wall collection. Definitely read first to help understand what is going to be happening through the collection.

It took almost the entire first book to really get to moving and being interesting enough to keep reading.

One thing I would suggest to the author, is placing the prequel first as it answers some of the questions we do not have answered in the first book.

Once The Glass Wall got to moving, it kept a rapid pace going. I had trouble putting it down, it becam
Lauraloves
I downloaded this book when I first got my Kindle (Christmas 2011) but have only just got around to reading it. Its a young adult paranormal romance about a girl called Sydney who is in foster care with a nice family.When some new neighbours move in across the street its Sydney and her foster father Al that takes an interest in them. He is head of the neighbourhood watch and seems to think they are selling drugs or donig other illigal activities. In fact its a guy called Rafael who catches Sydne ...more
Maria
Jun 30, 2013 Maria rated it really liked it
Shelves: alphabet-book, 2013
Behind the Mirror, is a prelude to the first book in The Glass Wall series. At about 20 pages long, it was so short that it didn’t take long to read at all, but long enough for me to fall into the book’s storyline and make me want to read the rest of the series.

Behind the Mirror follows Rafael, a Fate Tracker (one who can see fate lines connected to individuals), on his way to Earth. His character is well developed for a story this length and if the other characters are described with equal effo
Cindy
Jan 25, 2015 Cindy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a free short story intended to introduce the Glass Wall series. I did not find it interesting enough to want to buy the first book. If it were available as a free book I would consider trying to read at least the first 100 pages to see if I want to invest in this series.
Michi
Not a story at all. These are world building notes that couldn't make it into the first book given the author's POV choice. It didn't contribute anything that wasn't obvious from the abrupt halt (not a real ending) of The Glass Wall.
Kimberly
Jun 06, 2014 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this intro to The Glass Wall series. It gives you a taste of the intrigue & danger faced throughout the series while maintaining the mystery of how the storyline plays out in the series.
You get to see things from Rafael's more knowledgeable perspective while glimpsing a bit into who the other main players in the series are.
I recommend this series to anyone who loves paranormal romance with a dash of suspense, excitement & humor.
This series is one of my favorites & Jareth ha
Judi
Oct 30, 2014 Judi rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
I read this because it's the prequel to the series, but it didn't do much for me.
Kjirstin
Jun 17, 2012 Kjirstin rated it really liked it
I'm not going to complain about this... it was free! It's a very short (chapter-length) prequel to The Glass Wall giving a little bit of Rafael's perspective. It hints at things to be uncovered in the next book, I think, and it's nice having a little bit of an insider perspective on his world.
Becky
Apr 16, 2015 Becky rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, nook, series
This is the prequel to the series and it is a short 15 pages. I gave it 3 stars because I still don't know what to think except that I want to read next book to find out!
On to the second book to see what this series is all about.
Nicole
Aug 25, 2013 Nicole rated it it was ok
I was surprised and annoyed to find that this short story was an advertisement for a longer book series. I doubt that I will purchase another book in the series because this story was not interesting enough.
Sandy Evans
May 04, 2013 Sandy Evans rated it it was amazing
Can be read before or after Book 1 (The Glass Wall). Give background information about Rafael, and Jareth, the Fae and Lizard people.
 Bella Marie
Dec 14, 2013 Bella Marie rated it liked it
It seems interesting.....I dont know anything about the glass wall series soooo....if to decide I need to see whats up with the series....
Jennifer Erwin
Mar 05, 2013 Jennifer Erwin rated it really liked it
This is a prequel to The Glass Wall. My only complaint is how short it is (but isn't that the point of a prequel?).
Amanda
Dec 28, 2011 Amanda rated it it was ok
This isn't even really a prequel. It's more like a prologue. Good thing it was free. It was okay for what it was.
Megan
Jun 15, 2012 Megan rated it really liked it
Wish it was longer! It was nice insight into the Glass Wall. Glad I read The Glass Wall first, though.
Carol Waller
Apr 08, 2013 Carol Waller rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Should just be a prologue to The Glass Wall. Not necessary but instructive.
Aime Mcleod
Dec 14, 2011 Aime Mcleod rated it it was ok
this was wayyyyyy too short. I read it in 15 minutes.
Nina
Feb 18, 2012 Nina rated it it was amazing
Can wait for the other installments!!!!!
Missie Kurr
May 22, 2013 Missie Kurr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good intro to series!
Curious
Feb 02, 2014 Curious rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
liked
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Chelli
Chelli marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Alicia James
Alicia James rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Darrell Spradlyn
Darrell Spradlyn marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Astoria
Astoria marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Aina
Aina rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Jam Choa
Jam Choa marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Nancy Nicholson
Nancy Nicholson marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
The Starlight Reader
The Starlight Reader rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
  • The Beast and the Homecoming Queen (Queen of Beast, #1)
  • Beginnings (The Guardians of Vesturon 0.5)
  • The Book of Faeyore (Frost, #0.5)
  • Avow (Last Selkie, #0.5)
  • Craving Caroline (Star Crossed Lovers #1)
  • Natural Selection (Forces of Nature, #1)
  • Laura's Solo Honeymoon (The Ice Cream Shop Boy, #1)
  • Cherry Kisses (Shadowfae)
  • Surrender My Heart (Subzero, #1.5)
  • Soulrazor (Blood Skies, #3)
  • Lovesessed
  • An A to Z of Creepy Hollow Fae
  • Good Luck, Fatty?!
  • Evangeline (A Dark Faerie Tale, #0.5)
  • Hopelessly Broken
  • Waiting Game
  • Aligned (Immortal Essence, #0.5)
  • Gateway to Faerie (Gateway to Faerie, #1)
Also known as Carmen Caine

Like many of us on this planet, Madison Adler is from another world. She spends every moment she can scribbling stories on sticky notes that her kids find posted all over the car, house, and barn.

When she is not working as a software engineer, she is busy ferrying her kids to various appointments, writing lyrics for her husband's songs, taking care of the dog Tigger and h
More about Madison Adler...

The Glass Wall (5 books)
  • The Glass Wall (Return of the Ancients, #1)
  • The Brotherhood of the Snake (Return of the Ancients, #2)
  • The Inner Circle (The Glass Wall Book 3)
  • The Egg (Return of the Ancients, #4)