Kithra (The Kithran Regenesis, #1)

Kithra (The Kithran Regenesis #1)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  27 reviews
A frustrated spaceship captain, her trusty second-in- command, and a handsome alien prove that three is definitely not a crowd.

The Kithran Regenesis, Book 1

Spaceship captain Lux Moyans is currently piloting missions for The Company. When her second-in-command, Kol Frega, informs her they’ve been ordered to Kithra, she’s furious. A year on an uninhabitable planet? She’ll on...more
Published November 8th 2011 by Samhain Publishing

Wicked Nyx
Kithra is a great little sci-fi read. And while I could have used a bit more information about Lux's background, the amount that we get about Kol and Egan is just the right amount to keep us wanting more. The sexual tension is great, and the sex is excellent as well. But the real gem of this book is the world building. The details are vivid and unique, and the "feel" of the world is very real and tactile.

This is the first of a three book series, and I will definitely be reading the remainder bas...more
Brenda
This is a Science Fiction romance with heart. Yes, there is steamy sex, a feisty heroine, two sexy heroes, alien technology and a very, very large bed. However, there is also a touching story of three people who are afraid to love again. This is a story of forgiveness, acceptance, and compassion. I hope Dani Worth continues to share her words in this genre. I truly enjoyed Kithra and look forward to her next story.
Heather in FL
This was an interesting read and I enjoyed it. Probably closer to 3-1/2 stars, but I rounded up. Glad it was picked as a group read or I might have missed it. I don't really "do" sci-fi unless it's recommended.

I liked how Lux and Kol sort of had this underlying sexual tension before anything started. I applaud Lux's willpower to avoid entanglements with her crew, and I think it was a brilliant move for Kol to make sure they were no longer captain/subordinate before this trip began. The addition...more
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
Kithra is a bittersweet story about three people trying to find their way in a world that has been destroyed.

Lux and Kol have worked together on the same ship for years. Lux is the captain and Kol is her second in command. Because Lux refuses to sleep with anyone of a lesser rank, Kol has kept his desire for her banked. Now that he’s been promoted, all bets are off.

Kol and Lux are reassigned to get the mines up and running on Kithra. Kithra was destroyed years ago in an explosion and has been un...more
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
Two men and one woman on a planet for a year alone, what could possibly happen? SEX SEX SEX! Well, okay, a little sex. This is a promising new author for me. Ms. Worth is writing in a genre I very much enjoy. There is menage and it's sci-fi/fantasy. Delicious! This story is more a 3.5 star, however I truncate on GR so it is at a 3 star.

The world building in this story is light. It's a federation type universe with different aliens as well as humans. The alien in question is a male Gwinarian. Gwi...more
Exina
The story: the blurb says it all.

Despite the shortness of the story, the world building and character’s backgrounds are, though not fully, pretty well-drawn. Still, it is like a chamber drama, with only three characters, and very limited scenery.
I would love to read more about the fantasy world, and to know more about the personalities of the characters.
The first person point-of-view of Lux also narrows the possibility to be engaged with the male characters.

Though Lux, Kol, and Egan are equa...more
Cindy
I don't know why I think I don't like sci-fi. Maybe it's because I have a picture in my head of what sci-fi readers look like or act like (and that's definitely note me). Maybe it's because all the new terms and phrases that I can't pronounce. But then I often surprise myself when I read sci-fi and really like it.

That's what happened with this book. It was just the right amount of world building for me with some new terms and phrases that I found I understood easily without getting frustrated. T...more
Angela Page
Love the story, but I wanted to know more about these three. I could have spent days with them.
namericanwordcat
This is a erotic science fiction romance author to me. She is a wonderful find. The romance, world, and plot were all very good. I would have given it more stars if it were longer. Some books are perfect small bites. This story could have been deepened with more time for the romance and action. I really liked each character and liked them together. More time would have made the love story simply more. This being said, the book was still very enjoyable with emotional sex, complex characters, and...more
Jenn
Kithra is a little different from the usual stuff I read. It’s sci fi romance, my new favourite subgenre, but it’s also erotic romance, which is not what I usually go for. I’m all about story and not so much about reading the sexy times, but I really enjoyed Kithra. There’s a lot of sex, for sure, but the characters and world are well developed and it’s not a novella that exists purely to go from sex to sex to menage-with-an-alien scene. There’s actually a lot of cool story in Kithra, so I think...more
Guilty Pleasures
Kithra is a great start to The Kithran Regenesis series by Dani Worth.

Dani will be giving away of copy of KITHRA at Guilty Pleasures on 11/30/11

To see my full review visit
deirdre

Fun, short VERY SEXY read . . .

Just enough world building in this sci-fi short to pull me in . . . Just enough character development to keep me intersted.
And then there is the sexual tension!!

Off to get the sequel . . . .
Poppy
I really liked this. Very hot and also very sweet. I loved that it was about a triad, so awesome! I would have loved for it to be longer but I'll take what I can get it was really good.
Heller
I love sci-fi romance. Love them.

We have the start of a really intriguing series here. The planet Kithra has been essentially destroyed by a series of mysterious explosions that has basically killed the vast majority of the Kithran's on planet (only a handful on planet survived) and left the planet isolated and inhabitable.

I'm looking forward to future books exploring the origins of these mysterious explosions. I have my own theories so we'll see how those jib with the upcoming books.

Access t...more
Tez
A certain piece of writing advice received years ago: Can the story work without the sci-fi/fantasy setting? Then don't bother making it sci-fi/fantasy. Those weren't the exact words used, but it pretty much sums up my beefs with this novella.

-If setting a story in the far-future, with different planets and whatnot, DON'T make a contemporary pop culture reference. (In this case, Lex Luthor.)

-Heroine doesn't do exclusive relationships? She's in romance fiction; of course she does.

-If your story i...more
Danielle
Lynelle Reviewed

Kithra I thought was a great start to the series and thought it was easy to follow with being sci-fi (which I find at times can get confusing due to terminology, etc) and I just couldn’t help but feel for each of these 3 main characters.

The story begins with Lux Moyans, Captain of the ship, being informed by Kol Frega, second-in-command, that they have been reassigned to a new mission, to go to Kirtha, an inhabitable planet with deadly gases. Right from the beginning the sparks...more
Holly
Reviewed at smutgardens.wordpress.com
The Kithran Regenesis series #1
MMF, Futuristic Sci-Fi
Finished 9/5/2012
B&N ebook, $2.94
Overall: 3 stars, Heat: Adventurous

Plot: Lux is a female pilot, Kol is her male 2nd in command and Egan is the hot alien guy they pick up on their way to Kithra, a planet destroyed by explosions several years ago. Their goal is to help Kithra thrive once again by working on the life pods and greenhouses and stuff. Lux and Kol are attracted to each other and have been for...more
Steph
An interesting premise that lacked the time and depth needed to be fully realized. The plot existed just enough for the sex scenes to happen, but the story could have been so much better if the author had spent a little more time in the development, both with the world and the characters.
Marissa
Short and sweet, scifi romance about three people who are afraid to love and how they overcome.

I was totally into Kol and Lux's story, and then Egan showed up and I was thrilled with the possibilities to come. But then the majority of the feelings seemed to shift to Kol and Egan. For me, it felt like Lux was an afterthought to Kol until he and Egan accepted each other again.
Not to say I didn't enjoy the story, I just felt a little jumbled emotionally in the middle. But, hot damn, don't I wish I...more
T00zday
I got this book based on all the favorable reviews. I don't get it. What book were you guys reading?

I have so seldom NOT finished a book. I made it to the fight between E & K before bailing. It just didn't hook me. Boring. And where's all the hot sex people have been talking about? The sex I read was fairly lackluster. (Yawn)
It did help me get to sleep on several occasions though...
Kukko
I enjoyed this menage. I thought Lux gave up her "I don't do exclusives" mantra a little quickly...but then again this is a short book. I have to say I preferred Book 2 Replicant (The Kithran Regenesis, #2), which I read immediately after this book.
Kieri
4.5 rounded down for too short.
It's hard to build a world, develop characters and provide good sexy scenes in any length novel, but a short one is even trickier. Despite that the author pulled it off convincingly enough that I'm hooked and looking for more.
Nicole
I was in the mood for some SF romance, so grabbed this one. It's so-so. I liked some parts of it and others I felt were glossed over too much. I think I'll read more of the series, though, to see how things go.
♂♀♂ Mary's Menage Whispers ♥♥♥
outstanding series. can be read as stand alone. Loved it!

to read my full review: http://marywhispers.blog.com/?p=457

Laz the Sailor
I read this a long time ago, and I don't remember it being particularly good or bad.
Renee Nicole
Shit. Gonna have to re-read this one.

Damn my memory skillz.
Anne
Jun 17, 2013 Anne marked it as to-read
Shelves: z2013-bir
Great science fiction romance!
Danielle
Mar 08, 2014 Danielle marked it as books_own_unread
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Roge
Roge marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Creative Reviews: Holiday Give Away Day TEN 2 5 Nov 30, 2011 10:07PM
  • The Queen's Consorts
  • FrankenDom
  • Born (B Cubed #1)
  • Hers to Command (Verdantia, #1)
  • Being Amber (New Atlanta, #1)
  • The Trigon Rituals (Trigon Rituals #1)
  • Colonist's Wife
  • Close Contact (Alien Affairs, #2)
  • The Breaker's Concubine
  • Kiss Across Time (Kiss Across Time #1)
  • Prime Obsession (The Prime Chronicles, #1)
  • Brotherhood of Fire (Hearts on Fire #1)
  • Heat
  • F814 (Cyborgs: More Than Machines, #2)
  • Polished
  • Tears of the Dragon (Dragonshifters, #1)
  • The Glass Knot
  • Monica's Secret (Erogenous Zones, #1)
I currently have two erotic novella series with Samhain Publishing! The Kithran Regenesis is erotic space opera, mostly menage. Crux Survivors is erotic post-apocalyptic, some menage and some not. I love to explore the boundaries of new worlds, love, desire or anything else that strikes my fancy. Good stories make life fun. Some of my stories will have pairs and some will have three–Love is Love....more
More about Dani Worth...
After the Crux (Crux Survivors, #1) Replicant (The Kithran Regenesis, #2) Catalyst (Kithran Regenesis, #3) Sole Survivors (Crux Survivors, #2) Origin (The Kithran Regenesis, #4)