Start by marking “Customer Satisfaction Is Worthless Customer Loyalty Is Priceless” as Want to Read:
Customer Satisfaction Is Worthless Customer Loyalty Is Priceless

Customer Satisfaction Is Worthless Customer Loyalty Is Priceless

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  283 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Nationally syndicated columnist and sales trainer, Jeffrey Gitomer shows you how to convert "satisfied" customers into "loyal" customers.
Published June 12th 1998 by Bard Productions

Jamie Latshaw
I read this book as part of working towards a promotion within my company. While the style of the book was great (story telling, large font, tons of examples), the only conclusion I kept coming to was that Gitomer was a spoiled brat that stamped his foot when something didn't go his way until someone made it right. That is NOT how you get "good customer service". As much as I understand my job is to help and assist you when there is a problem, I will not put up with your temper tantrum. Grow up. ...more
Linda
I will be purchasing a copy. Though the book has been out for a while, it still has some very practical ideas in it that I'm going to work on implementing in my company.
Ken
Wow, i gotta say this book is quite the un-orthodoxed type. i'm sure glad i read it. Jeffrey has laid this book out very easy to read, i managed to finish it in about 2-3 days.. which is quite fast for me. He goes on to talk about the epidemic of bad customer service all around this planet. and how easy it is to start improving it, and as you go on to read this book, you find that jefrey has a knack for thinking outside of the box, something we as human beings tend not to do, we like to get use ...more
Jenn
Dec 29, 2010 Jenn added it
Shelves: eastlake
Overall: This book was a great eye opener for the attitude I should have at EastLake and about Groups and helped “up the bar” or the goals for Groups – not just a number of total Groups with a general satisfaction – but getting people to by loyal to Groups so they’d choose Groups over other extra curricular activities.

Caveat: I had strong disagreement with portions of the book, specifically the “You are the most important person in the world” and “Name it/Claim it,” type sections. However, I fo
Crystal Otto
Customer Satisfaction is Worthless is a book I look at often and reference in conversations with business owners, marketing professionals, and those involved in strategic planning for organizations. I wouldn't go so far as to call this the 'bible', but it's a book you must read if you're looking to grow a customer service based business. After all, who wants to be satisfied ??? Don't we all want more than that for ourselves? Why wouldn't we want that for our customers as well?
Elizabeth
This is a must read book! The author is a little redundant at times but he's totally spot on with his observations and suggestions. He illustrates the importance of customer loyalty, how businesses are failing to gain loyalty, and what we as individuals can do to create loyalty. I felt very positive and empowered after reading this book; and I have already begun to use some of the techniques suggested.
Allyson Stallman
This is the only book of his that I found beneficial. I've always stood by going above and beyond for the customer and making their experience memorable. Memorable is what results in a sale.

THIS is the book you need to read if you want to increase your sales. Forget Gitomer's Little Rainbow Collection.
Britt
While relevant to everyday marketing this book is heavily guided towards hospitality services. I don't find this a fault, but I would like to see a bit more variety. Definitely a worth-while read for anyone who wants to not only be floating and relevant, but to impress in today's marketplace.
GE
Jan 18, 2009 GE rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Sales people, customer service industry
If you are in the customer service industry, then this book is written for you.

Gitomer, in his typically forward manner, breaks down the components of why "customer satisfaction" has failed. And he then builds a case for why "customer loyalty" is the only way to run a business.

Marc Bowers
Anyone with a business or working in customer service should read this. This book is priceless for providing advice on how to build customer loyalty and stop worrying about just satisfying a customer.

Hurry up and take advantage of this book before the competition does!
Erica
Invaluable and the perfect guide to those who need information quick and easy for a variety of audiences! Points are made clearly and succinctly in a way that those unfamiliar with the psychology behind customer service can quickly digest. A+
Amanda
This was quick to read and fun. Had a lot of cool graphics and attempted interactivity. There were tests to take to determine your attitude. Basically can be summed up as do unto others and the customer IS your paycheck.
Jana
This was an easy read, told in short example, real world tactic format. The best part is that it provides minor changes to daily activities which can make a big difference. Smart real world advice in self improvement.
D
Oct 06, 2008 D rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to D by: Work
Shelves: nonfiction
I outlined this book for my boss.

It was extremely repetitive and could have been cut and diced into a concise essay. There are good lessons, but the lessons seemed to repeat themselves in every chapter.
Scott
Why is everyone alway shooting for "satisfaction: when what we REALLY want is loyalty? It costs so much more to find new clients, versus building loyalty in our existing clients. HELLO!
Suzy Prybell
This was mostly read. I would've finished it if the author didn't repeat himself nearly every other sentence. I got the gist though. Really, just read the title and you get the idea.
Jay Williams
This book was very repetitive and the author was very high-maintenance in majority of the situations. This book could of been summed up in a blog instead of 18.5 chapters.
Amber House
This book had some good points and good stories, but was repetitive. Required to read for my current job/position.
April
Have to read for work....

Still reading..... obviously I'm not real interested in this book!
S Rich
Jan 26, 2009 Jennifer marked it as to-read
Looking forward to reading this and improving on ways to better service my clients.
Jen Mcpherson
Everyone who works in a customer driven industry(and don't we all?) needs to read this.
Bernie
The stories that Jeffrey shares are funny, sad, rediculous and just make you say wow!
Excellent book - anyone in the service industry should read this book!
Jerry Mahn
Very easy to read, great principles on customer experience.
Brent
Required reading at my new job...
Karleen Marie
Karleen Marie marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Lee Ragans
Lee Ragans is currently reading it
Jul 16, 2015
Ben Lucier
Ben Lucier is currently reading it
Jul 15, 2015
  • The Entrepreneur Equation: Evaluating the Realities, Risks, and Rewards of Having Your Own Business
  • The Ultimate Question: Driving Good Profits and True Growth
  • Exceptional Service, Exceptional Profit: The Secrets of Building a Five-Star Customer Service Organization
  • Nuts!
  • What Clients Love: A Field Guide to Growing Your Business
  • Meatball Sundae: Is Your Marketing out of Sync?
  • The Century
  • Guerrilla Publicity: Hundreds of Sure-Fire Tactics to Get Maximum Sales for Minimum Dollars
  • Lifehacker: Upgrade Your Life
  • What the Customer Wants You to Know: How Everybody Needs to Think Differently About Sales
  • Endless Referrals: Network Your Everyday Contacts into Sales
  • The Nordstrom Way: The Inside Story of America's #1 Customer Service Company
  • Liberation Management
  • The One Thing You Need to Know: ... About Great Managing, Great Leading, and Sustained Individual Success
  • How Capitalism Will Save Us: Why Free People and Free Markets Are the Best Answer in Today's Economy
  • Waiting for Your Cat to Bark?: Persuading Customers When They Ignore Marketing
  • Make Your Contacts Count: Networking Know-How for Business and Career Success
  • Hug Your Customers: STILL The Proven Way to Personalize Sales and Achieve Astounding Results
AUTHOR.
Jeffrey Gitomer is the author of The New York Times best sellers The Sales Bible, The Little Red Book of Selling, The Little Black Book of Connections, and The Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude. All of his books have been number one best sellers on Amazon.com, including Customer Satisfaction is Worthless, Customer Loyalty is Priceless, The Patterson Principles of Selling, The Little Red Bo
More about Jeffrey Gitomer...
Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness: How to Make Sales Forever The Sales Bible: The Ultimate Sales Resource Little Gold Book of Yes! Attitude: How to Find, Build and Keep a Yes! Attitude for a Lifetime of Success Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Black Book of Connections: 6.5 Assets for Networking Your Way to Rich Relationships Little Green Book of Getting Your Way: How to Speak, Write, Present, Persuade, Influence, and Sell Your Point of View to Others

“If all it takes is an angry stranger to ruin your day, what are you going to do if something really serious happens? Why give someone else control of your life like that?” 9 likes