Start by marking “Customer Satisfaction Is Worthless Customer Loyalty Is Priceless” as Want to Read:
Customer Satisfaction Is Worthless Customer Loyalty Is Priceless

Customer Satisfaction Is Worthless Customer Loyalty Is Priceless

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  233 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Nationally syndicated columnist and sales trainer, Jeffrey Gitomer shows you how to convert "satisfied" customers into "loyal" customers.
Published June 12th 1998 by Bard Productions

Be the first to ask a question about Customer Satisfaction Is Worthless Customer Loyalty Is Priceless

Linda
I will be purchasing a copy. Though the book has been out for a while, it still has some very practical ideas in it that I'm going to work on implementing in my company.
Ken
Wow, i gotta say this book is quite the un-orthodoxed type. i'm sure glad i read it. Jeffrey has laid this book out very easy to read, i managed to finish it in about 2-3 days.. which is quite fast for me. He goes on to talk about the epidemic of bad customer service all around this planet. and how easy it is to start improving it, and as you go on to read this book, you find that jefrey has a knack for thinking outside of the box, something we as human beings tend not to do, we like to get use...more
Jenn
Dec 29, 2010 Jenn added it
Shelves: eastlake
Overall: This book was a great eye opener for the attitude I should have at EastLake and about Groups and helped “up the bar” or the goals for Groups – not just a number of total Groups with a general satisfaction – but getting people to by loyal to Groups so they’d choose Groups over other extra curricular activities.

Caveat: I had strong disagreement with portions of the book, specifically the “You are the most important person in the world” and “Name it/Claim it,” type sections. However, I fo...more
Crystal Otto
Customer Satisfaction is Worthless is a book I look at often and reference in conversations with business owners, marketing professionals, and those involved in strategic planning for organizations. I wouldn't go so far as to call this the 'bible', but it's a book you must read if you're looking to grow a customer service based business. After all, who wants to be satisfied ??? Don't we all want more than that for ourselves? Why wouldn't we want that for our customers as well?
Elizabeth
This is a must read book! The author is a little redundant at times but he's totally spot on with his observations and suggestions. He illustrates the importance of customer loyalty, how businesses are failing to gain loyalty, and what we as individuals can do to create loyalty. I felt very positive and empowered after reading this book; and I have already begun to use some of the techniques suggested.
Allyson Stallman
This is the only book of his that I found beneficial. I've always stood by going above and beyond for the customer and making their experience memorable. Memorable is what results in a sale.

THIS is the book you need to read if you want to increase your sales. Forget Gitomer's Little Rainbow Collection.
Britt
While relevant to everyday marketing this book is heavily guided towards hospitality services. I don't find this a fault, but I would like to see a bit more variety. Definitely a worth-while read for anyone who wants to not only be floating and relevant, but to impress in today's marketplace.
GE
Jan 18, 2009 GE rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Sales people, customer service industry
If you are in the customer service industry, then this book is written for you.

Gitomer, in his typically forward manner, breaks down the components of why "customer satisfaction" has failed. And he then builds a case for why "customer loyalty" is the only way to run a business.

Marc Bowers
Anyone with a business or working in customer service should read this. This book is priceless for providing advice on how to build customer loyalty and stop worrying about just satisfying a customer.

Hurry up and take advantage of this book before the competition does!
Erica
Invaluable and the perfect guide to those who need information quick and easy for a variety of audiences! Points are made clearly and succinctly in a way that those unfamiliar with the psychology behind customer service can quickly digest. A+
Amanda
This was quick to read and fun. Had a lot of cool graphics and attempted interactivity. There were tests to take to determine your attitude. Basically can be summed up as do unto others and the customer IS your paycheck.
Jana
This was an easy read, told in short example, real world tactic format. The best part is that it provides minor changes to daily activities which can make a big difference. Smart real world advice in self improvement.
D
Oct 06, 2008 D rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to D by: Work
Shelves: nonfiction
I outlined this book for my boss.

It was extremely repetitive and could have been cut and diced into a concise essay. There are good lessons, but the lessons seemed to repeat themselves in every chapter.
Scott
Why is everyone alway shooting for "satisfaction: when what we REALLY want is loyalty? It costs so much more to find new clients, versus building loyalty in our existing clients. HELLO!
Suzy Prybell
This was mostly read. I would've finished it if the author didn't repeat himself nearly every other sentence. I got the gist though. Really, just read the title and you get the idea.
Jay
This book was very repetitive and the author was very high-maintenance in majority of the situations. This book could of been summed up in a blog instead of 18.5 chapters.
Amber House
This book had some good points and good stories, but was repetitive. Required to read for my current job/position.
April
Have to read for work....

Still reading..... obviously I'm not real interested in this book!
S Rich
Jan 26, 2009 Jennifer marked it as to-read
Looking forward to reading this and improving on ways to better service my clients.
Jen Mcpherson
Everyone who works in a customer driven industry(and don't we all?) needs to read this.
Bernie
The stories that Jeffrey shares are funny, sad, rediculous and just make you say wow!
Excellent book - anyone in the service industry should read this book!
Jerry Mahn
Very easy to read, great principles on customer experience.
Brent
Required reading at my new job...
Arief Rakhman
Arief Rakhman marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
  • The Ultimate Question: Driving Good Profits and True Growth
  • Endless Referrals: Network Your Everyday Contacts into Sales
  • Nuts!
  • Lifehacker: Upgrade Your Life
  • Zig Ziglar's Secrets of Closing the Sale
  • Free Prize Inside: The Next Big Marketing Idea
  • Dig Your Well before You're Thirsty: The only networking book you'll ever need
  • Engage: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web
  • The Century
  • Who: The A Method for Hiring
  • How to Become a Rainmaker: The Rules for Getting and Keeping Customers and Clients
  • The One Thing You Need to Know: ... About Great Managing, Great Leading, and Sustained Individual Success
  • Hug Your Customers: The Proven Way to Personalize Sales and Achieve Astounding Results
  • The Millionaire Messenger: Make a Difference and a Fortune Sharing Your Advice
  • Just Listen: Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone
  • Thriving on Chaos: Handbook for a Management Revolution
  • 10 Natural Laws of Successful Time and Life Management
  • Customers for Life: How to Turn That One-Time Buyer Into a Lifetime Customer
AUTHOR.
Jeffrey Gitomer is the author of The New York Times best sellers The Sales Bible, The Little Red Book of Selling, The Little Black Book of Connections, and The Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude. All of his books have been number one best sellers on Amazon.com, including Customer Satisfaction is Worthless, Customer Loyalty is Priceless, The Patterson Principles of Selling, The Little Red Bo...more
More about Jeffrey Gitomer...
Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness: How to Make Sales Forever The Sales Bible: The Ultimate Sales Resource Little Gold Book of Yes! Attitude: How to Find, Build and Keep a Yes! Attitude for a Lifetime of Success Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Black Book of Connections: 6.5 Assets for Networking Your Way to Rich Relationships Little Green Book of Getting Your Way: How to Speak, Write, Present, Persuade, Influence, and Sell Your Point of View to Others

“If all it takes is an angry stranger to ruin your day, what are you going to do if something really serious happens? Why give someone else control of your life like that?” 7 likes