Start by marking “The County Fair (Dorsetville)” as Want to Read:
The County Fair (Dorsetville)

The County Fair (Dorsetville)

The annual County Fair sparks a flurry of activity and brings some surprising secrets to light in this heartwarming conclusion to Katherine Valentine’s beloved Dorsetville series.

It’s the end of summer and Dorsetville folks are busier than bees. Days are filled from dawn to sunset with last-minute chores, while the women struggle to find time to prepare their special dishe
Published March 13th 2007 by Image (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The County Fair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The County Fair

Dec 13, 2011 Rebecca rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The narrator made it difficult to follow all of the different story lines (and easy for my mind to wander).
Kelly Logan
Feb 20, 2015 Kelly Logan rated it liked it
The story was very charming. There has been a long line of stories before this one. I was told you could pick this book up without having that background. Although this is true (there are many memories revisited) you still felt like a stranger to the town. This became tiresome at times as you began to feel separated from the story. The flow was definitely choppy. I almost quit reading the book until I got to the chapter where Matthew talked to the father about his dreams of MIT being crushed. Ul ...more
Gloria
Sep 15, 2009 Gloria added it
Shelves: did-not-read
Didn't listen to. Too slow moving.
Doris
Mar 08, 2010 Doris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book, an easily flowing read, which wrapped up all parts of the various story lines. That in itself is unusual, but it also flowed in a forward fashion, with enough topics to keep It interesting but not so much that they were hard to keep track of. Even the occasional foray into memory lane was well done and added to the story line without interrupting it.

The only downside in my opinion is that the author needs to be more careful in the use of tenses and phrasing. For exam
victori Everett
Nov 06, 2015 victori Everett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Real good read. Good vs. evil good always wins.

I truly enjoyed this book. A lot of learned consequences to misguided reasons. Great book for a group discussion.
I read it as part of a group discussion
Melissa aka navynurse
Feb 19, 2015 Melissa aka navynurse rated it did not like it
I muddled through and finally finished it. I didn't like it. Also, there was profanity in it. The plot was too easy to figure out and the characters were not well defined I thought. It sounds like it is one of the in between books of a series which explains it. I guess in a book club you get some you like and some you don't. On to the next one :)
Pam
Aug 21, 2011 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was my favorite of Valentine's series. It comes the closest to being a Catholic Mitford (Jan Karon) or Thrush Green (Miss Read), as I originally hoped these books would be. John MacDonough's narration adds to the charm, since he narrated Jan Karon's series.
Norma
Sep 12, 2012 Norma rated it really liked it
For me this books beginning was slow, I had to force myself to read it. That being said, by the time I got to the end I had decided I WAS going to read anything else Katherine Valentine had written. Looking forward to another one of her stories.
Carol
Oct 30, 2009 Carol rated it really liked it
I was very sad to leave Dorsetville behind. I grew to love the town and it's characters. Katherine Valentine is a very good story teller and draws you into the lives of this small town. Looking forward to reading more book by her.
Lisa
Oct 21, 2013 Lisa rated it did not like it
For some reason I could not get into this book. It was so wishy washy for me and no real substance. Too many characters ! I listened to it on CD and I quit after the 3rd CD.
Nikki
Jan 24, 2012 Nikki rated it really liked it
I loved the characters! I love the way Katherine Valentine writes and the dialogue she writes for her characters.
Elaine
Kayla Blair
Apr 06, 2013 Kayla Blair rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Janet Ashley
Janet Ashley rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2016
Julia Mandeville
Julia Mandeville marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Linda Hartnett
Linda Hartnett rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Elysa Mac
Elysa Mac marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Josephine
Josephine marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Nancy Bekedam
Nancy Bekedam rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2016
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Kathy
Kathy added it
Jun 02, 2016
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Julia
Julia rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016