Start by marking “Dragon Warrior (Dragon Wars, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Warrior (Dragon Wars, #1)

Dragon Warrior (Dragon Wars #1)

A man without a past.
A woman without a future.
A world destroyed by monsters.
All that’s left is hope.

In Rain Mauri’s post-apocalyptic world there are no shades of gray to survival. Until she meets a Dragon Warrior and discovers nothing is as simple as it seems.
Together, Rain and the Dragon Warrior must uncover the truth behind the nightmare their world has become. Their que
Published October 20th 2011 by Sunwalker Press

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Warrior

Kelly
Nov 06, 2011 Kelly rated it it was amazing
You guys know I like muscley men, right? Did you see this cover? I'd like to stare at this cover for a while without any interruptions. Seriously. I need everybody to observe a moment of silence so that I can ogle to my heart's content.

-pause for station identification and large quantities of drool-

*sigh* Okay. I'm done for now. Quite frankly I would have been happy with the cover alone. Imagine my excitement with the words "post-apocalyptic" and "dragon" appeared in the synopsis. I jumped on th
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 4 Dragon Warrior Stars ~

Dragon Warrior is book one in the Dragon Wars series by Shea MacLeod.

I waspleasantlysurprisedwith how much I enjoyed this post-apocalyptic adventure. The author thinks outside the box and brings together severaluniqueelements.

I picked this one up; because of the title and the free status. I love dragon's and was expecting something along the lines of a dragon shifter in hiding or like the movie Dragonheart, but what I got was completelydifferentin that the dragon's a
AH
Jul 13, 2012 AH marked it as to-read
Kindle free download 7/13/12.
Kristin
Mar 13, 2016 Kristin rated it liked it
Shelves: dystopian
There are not many humans left after the Dragon Wars. Rain lives in a small community called Sanctuary. They not only have to hide underground from dragons but from the Marines as well. You see, the Marines are the bad guys in this dystopian novel. They roll into a town, steal their food, supplies, women and men and then head back to their base. They have this thing with taking the dead, and when they take one of Raine's friends, she decides to scope out the base and get her friend back. However ...more
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
Dragons. So that's what the Mayans were talking about. 2012 is the year of the fire-breathing, human-killing dragon. It's true. The Chinese came to the same conclusion.

Previously thought to be mythological beings will rise up and decimate the human population. The best of the best of the military, the Marines -the epitome of "Protect and Serve" decide it's survival of the fittest and seem to believe the marauding Vikings had it right: rape, pillage and plunder, and occasionally slay a dragon.

Alyssa Ricks
Feb 21, 2012 Alyssa Ricks rated it liked it
Quick light read. The world is devastated by dragons and they've pretty much wiped humans out in the last 25 or so years; they live in small settlements and scavange or raise food as best they can. They fight the dragons, but they're nearly impossible to kill. There are rumors of genetically altered fighters called Dragon Warriors that are essentially super humans with the strength, skill and stamina to fight the dragons with diamond edged blades. This could become an interesting series.
Ed Drury
Aug 22, 2016 Ed Drury rated it it was amazing
Dragon Warrior is a book one in a series and as such carries the burden of some world building and character development which I often find tedious. Thankfully, these aspects of the story are seamlessly interwoven into an action filled plot that keeps the reader happily soaking up information by a most entertaining style of story telling.

Its a dark post-apocalyptic scene of dangerous beasts, not to mention dragons. Enough conspiracy theories to satisfy the tinfoil hat wearing throngs while keepi
J.A. Eckert
Oct 30, 2011 J.A. Eckert rated it it was amazing
Post apocalyptic America with a twist. Dragons! I loved it!
~Leslie~
May 04, 2012 ~Leslie~ rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book-nook
This is the first time I've read this author and this is also the start of a new series for her. This story is set in the aftermath of dragon wars that have decimated the world. Our main character lives in what is called Sanctuary and she is a tracker. There is no good way to fight the dragons and so they must hide from them and they also have to hide from the marines who have become the bad guys in this distopian world. (view spoiler) ...more
Steph
Dec 15, 2011 Steph rated it really liked it
Just like all of MacLeod's other books, this one is well written, very engaging, and imaginative. A Non-stop action and romance tale about a post-apocalyptic world ravaged to ruin by raging Dragons. 25 years of war brings their world to a place of devastation and hopelessness. That is, until a long lost warrior emerges and helps to level the playing field for those fighting on the side of good.

Excellent worldbuilding and a good mix of PNR, Fantasy, and UF. This one is a little different than mos
Mari Stroud
Apr 24, 2012 Mari Stroud rated it liked it
At 45,000 words, this book squeaks in just under novel sized. It's also the start of a series. Both of these things factor into my fairly complicated feelings on Dragon Warrior. I enjoyed the world-building, Rain, and Micah together and separately, but overwhelmingly I wanted the book to slow down and chew its food a little more. Without going too deeply into spoilers, some major events went down before the beginning of the book (quite apart from the basic apocalypse-starting hijinks), including ...more
Jackie B
Aug 06, 2016 Jackie B rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Not what I was expecting, not the kinda book I normally pick up- a post apopyltic type story, I prefer paranormal romance or contemporary romance. Was a good read, kept you in suspense, layers for the events felt plausible. Just wasn't one I'd re-read. Reminds me a lot of the Christian Bale movie "Reign of Fire".
PepperP0t
3-3.5stars Such mixed feelings
I didn’t dislike this book and had no expectations going in. It fell down for me in a couple of places – first & foremost. Zombies – too close to horror for me; also I found the writing style more tolerable than enjoyable. There were parts of the book I actually liked quite a bit. The leads, the overall mystery/conspiracy vibe that went with the Marines. Although the first couple of chapters moved slowly once they got moving the story flowed better and the writi
Heather Adkins
Dec 02, 2011 Heather Adkins rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this author's other series, the Sunwalker Saga, and I was excited for this release. Shea MacLeod is a phenomenal writer. I was sucked in from the first page--into this post-apocalyptic world where loss and survival are daily obstacles. The reader develops an early connection to Rain Mauri, who has never known the world as it was Before. The sexual tension is flaming between her and Micah, and he's the kind of love interest I thoroughly enjoy -- sweet and strong. Dragon Warri ...more
Melissa
Jan 06, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Superb story! I really enjoy reading Dragon Warrior. The author really knows how to bring the characters to life. They both realistic and had depth. The plot and pace flowed smoothly and keep me intrigued. The world setting was nicely created. Overall I would recommend this book and any book/series written by this author. The cover?? *Drool*.

3 day / 3 winner giveaway of this book going on today at:

Lis
Aug 06, 2014 Lis rated it liked it
Shelves: dragons, ebook, kindle, freebie
3 1/2 stars. This was a pretty interesting read. Different world building with the introduction of dragons and the end of civilization as we know it, post-apocolyptic. Survivors try to scavenge what they can during the day to avoid the fire breathing dragons that attack and kill during the night. Also avoiding the Marines which are a distorted, self- serving group of men that steal supplies and kill civilians. Almost reads like a zombie book minus the zombies, sort of.
Micol
May 01, 2016 Micol rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
It was good but I wish it didn't have a sequel and that it would just finish after the first book
Alica McKenna-Johnson
Mar 15, 2012 Alica McKenna-Johnson rated it really liked it

Dragon Warrior is a fast paced intense ride. I didn’t want to put it down and Shea had me emotionally on the journey with Rain from the start. And the ending –I wanted to cheer and curse her at the same time. This is the first of a series and while this adventure is over Shea lets us know it’s all really just beginning. Rain is a great heroine- strong and sensitive at the same time, a real person for us to root for. And Micah- swoons
Jessica
Feb 16, 2013 Jessica rated it it was ok
I love the Sunwalker Saga books by this author. This book started off slow and somewhat tedious, but the story is good and the plot has room to grow. I didn't love this book, but I look forward to reading another one to see if it improves. I'm am encouraged by the fact that by the end of this book, I had become much more interested.
Ana
Jan 14, 2016 Ana rated it liked it
Shelves: free-ebooks
Chris
I really enjoyed this book. It was exciting and I couldn't wait to find out what happened Next. I liked Rain. She's a no-nonsense woman and an all around tough chick. I finished this one pretty quickly and I'm looking forward to what will happen in the next book.
Tracy Lippard
Nov 26, 2013 Tracy Lippard rated it liked it
I finished all 3 books. Not the best writing but I did like the story enough to read all 3 and want to know what happens next. I will read the 4th book when it becomes available.
CrimsonTyd
Jan 19, 2012 CrimsonTyd rated it did not like it
Unrealistic snoozefest of a plot with the added bonus of uninspired world building and a generic cast of characters. Highly overrated and grossly disappointing.
Marie
Jun 18, 2013 Marie rated it really liked it
Shelves: shea-macleod
This was a really interesting book and a quick read. The world was definitely interesting the characters are great! I'm already reading the second book.
Lizzielvr
Mar 27, 2012 Lizzielvr rated it really liked it
A hot cover and a post-apocalyptic setting, what more do you need? Oh, and its a good story...
Valerie ~ Val Hall ~
Post-apocalyptic dragons taking over the world, people trying to survive. Very nice.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Jul 13, 2012 Michelle [Helen Geek] marked it as to-read
Shelves: free, tbr-kindle
Free on Amazon 07/13/2012.
Jean Woodall
Jean Woodall rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Michelle Wardhaugh
Michelle Wardhaugh marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
  • Shades of Dragon
  • Demon Bait (Children of the Undying, #0.5)
  • Red Hot Dragon (Dragon Heat, #2)
  • Never Deal with Dragons (Never Deal with Dragons, #1)
  • Legend of the Highland Dragon (Highland Dragon, #1)
  • A Darker Shade of Dead (Guardians of the Dark, #3)
  • Ride the Stars (Drac Duology, #1)
  • Ty the Sexy Dragon (Fire Mate, #1)
  • Kiss of Flame  (The Dragon's Virgin Tribute, #1)
  • Tipping The Scales (Stop Dragon My Heart Around, #2)
  • Soul of the Dragon (Soul, #1)
  • Violca's Dragon (The Dragon Ruby Series Book 1)
  • The Dragons' Demon: A Dragon's Dream (Ethereal Foes, #1)
  • Immortal Coil (Dragon Spirit, #1)
  • Tears of the Dragon (Dragonshifters, #1)
  • Dragon Down Under (Dragon Down Under, #1)
  • Ascend (Sleeping Dragons, #6)
  • Love Lust (Vegas ParaRealm, #1)
Shéa MacLeod has dreamed of writing novels since before she could hold a crayon. She totally blames her mother.

Her favorite poem as a child was ‘Jabberwocky’, and Her favorite authors were Agatha Christie and Edgar Allan Poe. Which probably explains a lot.

After a six year sojourn in London, England, a dearth of good donuts has driven her back to her hometown. She now resides in the leafy green hil
More about Shéa MacLeod...

Dragon Wars (4 books)
  • Dragon Lord (Dragon Wars, #2)
  • Dragon Goddess (Dragon Wars, #3)
  • Green Witch (Dragon Wars, #4)