Start by marking “Fire in the Sky: The Walton Experience” as Want to Read:
Fire in the Sky: The Walton Experience

Fire in the Sky: The Walton Experience

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  131 ratings  ·  15 reviews
On 11/5/1975 a group of loggers in the mountains of northeastern Arizona observed a strange, unusually bright light in the sky. One of those men, Travis Walton, recklessly left the safety of their truck to take a closer look. Suddenly, as he walked toward the light, Walton was blasted back by a bolt of mysterious energy. His companions fled in fear. When they reported an e ...more
Published December 31st 1996 by Marlowe & Company (first published 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Fire in the Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire in the Sky

The Taking by Kimberly DertingCommunion by Whitley StrieberFire in the Sky by Travis WaltonThe Orphan Conspiracies by James MorcanANTIGRAVITY PROPULSION by James Morcan
Alien Abduction
3rd out of 23 books — 24 voters
Invasion of the Body Snatchers by Jack FinneyPoseidon’s Children by Michael  WestHades' Disciples by Michael  WestZeus' Warriors by Michael  WestKronos' Return by Michael  West
E.T. the Extremely Terrifying
6th out of 10 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Erik Graff
May 06, 2012 Erik Graff rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: UFOlogists
Recommended to Erik by: Michael Miley
Shelves: sciences
I saw the Fire in the Sky movie before I read the book about this unusually well-corroborated alien abduction case. Both are to be recommended to anyone interested in such matters.

Alien abduction stories themselves are rather common, as are stories of visiting other dimensions, meeting nonhuman intelligences etc. Most can be assigned to students of altered states of consciousness. What makes the Walton story different is that the original abduction was witnessed by so many. It is one thing for a
Mikey Will
Crazy! I thought I was reading a book on the controversial 1975 Alien abduction. Instead, I got a 400 page exposé on modern polygraph methodology. Other lowpoints include subtle evolution denial and jerking off to Ayn Rand. Stop after the first 180 pages to fully enjoy.
Chris Smudde
I'm not going to lie, I skipped some of this one. He's a very pretentious and long winded writer. The most interesting thing about the story was the abduction and that's what he wrote the least about. Skip the book, rent the movie.
Cecilia Perez
Finally finished this book. I feel like I've been aware of this encounter since I was born. I believe that what Mr. Walton wrote about is true. The book is good but does tend to be tedious in the appendix and when Mr. Walton attempts to speculate about the intentions of the aliens and investigators. Overall a good read and account.
Chris Kennedy
Captivating recounting of the author's alleged alien abduction, with particular focus on social reaction to the encounter and all of the ensuing difficulties. Unlike individual encounters, Walton's is more persuasive due to his six logging crew members verifying the initial sighting of the alien spacecraft and its attack on Walton. Later chapters of the book discuss Walton's frustrations as the book is turned into a screenplay and then a feature film.

I am normally very skeptical but I have to a
Adam S. House
I have an autographed copy of this book. I`d love it even without the autograph!
Jon
This book highlights an alien abduction that happened where I grew up, so I like it mainly because the author talks about the town where I grew up and the areas I explored as a kid. Kinda nostalgic. The alien abduction part was very disappointing. The whole event took all of 15 minutes. The way the author built it up I was expecting a much more exciting story. The prelude and Chapter 1 were also written to make you feel like a bigot if you didn't believe his story. I thought it was a mildly inte ...more
Andrew Hennessey
the saddest thing about this story is that there are many people following ufo gurus that would denounce travis telling him that he got what his spirit deserved and he was asking for it and that he created his own reality .. these people have no shame ... but then anything to cover up the harvesting process he illustrates.
Jerry Travis
The aliens in the movie, though interesting, were a total Hollywood fabrication. Read to book to find out what really happened to Travis while aboard the UFO. All in all, I though the book was quite interesting and informative.
Karena
Amazing story! Captivating experience, amazing how he was able to survive the abduction. Its the only book about alien abduction that I actually got chills down my spine!
Ben
If you've only seen the movie, you MUST read the book. Parts are much more different than the movie. The most compelling case of alien abduction ever documented!
Patty
One man's UFO abduction experience. The actual event did not match the movie which was made. I enjoyed reading about Travis Walton. Kind of long and drawn out.
Torie Duda
Coupled with the movie of the same name, a fascinating look at an (alleged) alien abduction.
Stefanie Thori
Is it possible for you to try to sound even smarter!? Ughhhh.
Vanessa Weatherly
Mar 15, 2013 Vanessa Weatherly marked it as to-read
trying to read
Ben Claes
Ben Claes marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
William L
William L marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Selena Roane
Selena Roane marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Jonathan Clede
Jonathan Clede marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Willem
Willem marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
  • UFOs and the National Security State 1: Chronology of a Coverup 1941-73
  • Witness to Roswell: Unmasking the 60-Year Cover-Up
  • The Day After Roswell
  • Missing Time
  • The Voynich Manuscript: The Unsolved Riddle of an Extraordinary Book Which has Defied Interpretation for Centuries
  • Burning for You (Blackwater, #1)
  • Secret Chamber: The Quest for the Hall of Records
  • Hidden History
  • Ten Discoveries That Rewrote History
  • Breakthrough: The Next Step
  • Abduction: Human Encounters with Aliens
  • Sins of the Father (Fringe, #3)
  • When the Sky Fell: In Search of Atlantis
Longshoreman of the Apocalypse (Schlock Mercenary, #10) Wake the Dead #1 Dungeons & Dragons - 1.1 - Wrota Burzy, cz.1 Wake the Dead #2