Start by marking “Fire in the Sky: The Walton Experience” as Want to Read:
Fire in the Sky: The Walton Experience

Fire in the Sky: The Walton Experience

On 11/5/1975 a group of loggers in the mountains of northeastern Arizona observed a strange, unusually bright light in the sky. One of them, Travis Walton, recklessly left the safety of their truck to take a closer look. Suddenly, as he walked toward the light, Walton was blasted back by a bolt of mysterious energy. His companions fled in fear. When they reported an encoun ...more
Published December 1st 1996 by Marlowe & Company (NY) (first published 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Fire in the Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire in the Sky

Chris Kennedy
Jul 07, 2011 Chris Kennedy rated it really liked it
Captivating recounting of the author's alleged alien abduction, with particular focus on social reaction to the encounter and all of the ensuing difficulties. Unlike individual encounters, Walton's is more persuasive due to his six logging crew members verifying the initial sighting of the alien spacecraft and its attack on Walton. Later chapters of the book discuss Walton's frustrations as the book is turned into a screenplay and then a feature film.

I am normally very skeptical but I have to a
Chris Smudde
Mar 16, 2014 Chris Smudde rated it it was ok
I'm not going to lie, I skipped some of this one. He's a very pretentious and long winded writer. The most interesting thing about the story was the abduction and that's what he wrote the least about. Skip the book, rent the movie.
Mikey Will
Jun 24, 2013 Mikey Will rated it liked it
Crazy! I thought I was reading a book on the controversial 1975 Alien abduction. Instead, I got a 400 page exposé on modern polygraph methodology. Other lowpoints include subtle evolution denial and jerking off to Ayn Rand. Stop after the first 180 pages to fully enjoy.
Ben
May 28, 2012 Ben rated it it was amazing
If you've only seen the movie, you MUST read the book. Parts are much more different than the movie. The most compelling case of alien abduction ever documented!
Erik Graff
May 04, 2010 Erik Graff rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: UFOlogists
Recommended to Erik by: Michael Miley
Shelves: sciences
I saw the Fire in the Sky movie before I read the book about this unusually well-corroborated alien abduction case. Both are to be recommended to anyone interested in such matters.

Alien abduction stories themselves are rather common, as are stories of visiting other dimensions, meeting nonhuman intelligences etc. Most can be assigned to students of altered states of consciousness. What makes the Walton story different is that the original abduction was witnessed by so many. It is one thing for a
Cecilia Perez
Dec 01, 2014 Cecilia Perez rated it liked it
Finally finished this book. I feel like I've been aware of this encounter since I was born. I believe that what Mr. Walton wrote about is true. The book is good but does tend to be tedious in the appendix and when Mr. Walton attempts to speculate about the intentions of the aliens and investigators. Overall a good read and account.
Victoria
Jan 25, 2010 Victoria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
Coupled with the movie of the same name, a fascinating look at an (alleged) alien abduction.
Tania Poole
Jul 11, 2016 Tania Poole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been interested in this story since I was little, when the incident itself was 15 years old - now it's been 40 years since Travis lost 5 days. My sister and I are fans of Travis and his unchanging story, the movie made about this in 1993 ('Fire in the Sky'), I'm friends with him on facebook and my best friend met him last year in Sydney. I found this book in a Katoomba bookshop and my sister was the first to read it after I got it - I've finally read it after having it for a year.

It's a goo
Jon
Dec 16, 2010 Jon rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
This book highlights an alien abduction that happened where I grew up, so I like it mainly because the author talks about the town where I grew up and the areas I explored as a kid. Kinda nostalgic. The alien abduction part was very disappointing. The whole event took all of 15 minutes. The way the author built it up I was expecting a much more exciting story. The prelude and Chapter 1 were also written to make you feel like a bigot if you didn't believe his story. I thought it was a mildly inte ...more
Roger Charles
Feb 28, 2016 Roger Charles rated it really liked it
A very interesting and personal event/story of a UFO abduction case. I hoped there would have been more information about the craft and the time spent there, however, he told what he could recall.

The personal story of this event and his roller coaster of emotions is richly told and interesting.

Travis seems to be well grounded (sorry for the pun) and highly intelligent. The story comes across as true and authentic.

Andrew Hennessey
Jul 29, 2009 Andrew Hennessey rated it it was amazing
the saddest thing about this story is that there are many people following ufo gurus that would denounce travis telling him that he got what his spirit deserved and he was asking for it and that he created his own reality .. these people have no shame ... but then anything to cover up the harvesting process he illustrates.
Jerry Travis
Nov 13, 2009 Jerry Travis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: outside-the-box
The aliens in the movie, though interesting, were a total Hollywood fabrication. Read to book to find out what really happened to Travis while aboard the UFO. All in all, I though the book was quite interesting and informative.
P.S. Winn
Dec 10, 2016 P.S. Winn rated it really liked it
This is an amazing story and to this day those who had the UFO experience claim it all really happened. Readers have to pick this one up. What is out there and how close are aliens to this world?
Karena
May 08, 2013 Karena rated it liked it
Amazing story! Captivating experience, amazing how he was able to survive the abduction. Its the only book about alien abduction that I actually got chills down my spine!
Vanessa Weatherly
Mar 15, 2013 Vanessa Weatherly marked it as to-read
trying to read
Steven Orlowski
Steven Orlowski rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2013
Ashlee Orrell
Ashlee Orrell rated it it was ok
May 31, 2011
Jasmine Noir
Jasmine Noir rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2014
Rodolfo91
Rodolfo91 rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2014
Erika Ordonez
Erika Ordonez rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2013
shane marks
shane marks rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2008
Nicole French
Nicole French rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2012
Nicholas Griswold
Nicholas Griswold rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2014
Pat Rolston
Pat Rolston rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2013
Michael Miley
Michael Miley rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2008
Rich
Rich rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2014
Jeremy Slate
Jeremy Slate rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2013
Sammy Waisanen
Sammy Waisanen rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Interrupted Journey Two Lost Hours Aboard A Flying Saucer
  • Missing Time
  • The Threat: The Secret Agenda What the Aliens Really Want and How They Plan to Get It
  • UFOs and the National Security State 1: Chronology of a Coverup 1941-73
  • Witness to Roswell: Unmasking the 60-Year Cover-Up
  • THE DAY AFTER ROSWELL [The Day After Roswell ] BY Corso, Philip J.(Author)Mass Market Paperbound 01-Jun-1998
  • Crash at Corona: The U.S. Military Retrieval and Cover-Up of a UFO
  • The Voynich Manuscript: The Unsolved Riddle of an Extraordinary Book Which has Defied Interpretation for Centuries
  • Abduction: Human Encounters with Aliens
  • Revelations
  • Burning for You (Blackwater, #1)
  • Dark Mission: The Secret History of NASA