Start by marking “The World's Must-See Places: A Look Inside More Than 100 Magnificent Buildings and Monuments” as Want to Read:

The World's Must-See Places takes you on a tour of more than 100 of the world's greatest sights. In true DK Eyewitness Travel Guide style, each page of the book will show you what other books only tell you, with unique 3-D cutaway artwork that lets you look inside each building as if you were there. Ancient, classical, and modern sights from every continent are included. E ...more
Published September 19th 2011 by DK Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The World's Must-See Places, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The World's Must-See Places

Scott
Jan 31, 2015 Scott rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Got this out of the library because my daughter was studying the Mayans and I wanted her to see Chichen Itza...course once I read one page, just had to read the rest. Now I just feel bad that I haven't gone to a great many of these places.

Nice book though - small amount of history, lots of pictures, quite a bit on the architecture
Luanne Ollivier
Nov 15, 2011 Luanne Ollivier rated it really liked it
This is the time of the year I love browsing for beautiful coffee table books for gifts. (and for me!)

The World's Must-See Places is perfect for armchair travellers and history buffs. This book covers man made monuments and structures, not nature's must see places.

The index is broken down into continents and then sub divided into countries. There were two listed in Canada, so this was my first stop. I was thrilled to see that I had visited both - the CN Tower in Toronto and the Sainte-Anne-de-Be
Niki Ganong
Mar 11, 2012 Niki Ganong rated it it was amazing
This DK book is pretty and smart. Buy it. It features 100 sights (buildings mostly) complete with background information and their trade-mark, cut-away inside views. Even though I've been to many of the places, I still learned a whole lot from the text.

My original copy came borrowed from the library, but Amazon has it now for just $16ish. Like I said, it's a beautiful book, something that Phaidon would sell for $50, and a steal on Amazon. Relatives and travel-loving friends of mine, don't bother
Brigit Zelenak
Feb 29, 2012 Brigit Zelenak rated it liked it
This is a lovely, heavy tome of a coffee table book reminding us that life is short and the world is large. Each segment was long enough to be informative, but stopped shy of tedium -- always a good thing.

All in all it’s a beautifully presented, well appointed bucket list. What's the line from Shawshank Redemption? Oh yes, time to get busy living..
Alisha Trenalone
Nov 15, 2012 Alisha Trenalone rated it really liked it
An excellent example of what a coffee table book should be--big, beautiful and mildly educational. Just enough text to make you feel like you can learn something, but plenty of pictures and interesting cut-away diagrams to show what is actually inside famous structures of the world.
Tim
Mar 05, 2013 Tim rated it really liked it
Shelves: coffee-table, travel
quite interesting for an armchair traveler guide. i've never heard of many of these places, and love the blueprint-like opening up of each of these structures.
Barbara Bomes
Barbara Bomes rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2014
Ola
Ola rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2013
Aamir
Aamir rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2015
James
James rated it liked it
May 26, 2014
Mark Hawkins
Mark Hawkins rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2015
Yan
Yan rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2014
Pramod Nair
Pramod Nair rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2015
Surekha Shah
Surekha Shah rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2014
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2012
Melissa
Oct 21, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
[2012.10]
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2015
Dorota
Dorota rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2015
Jessi
Jessi rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2012
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2013
Dav
Dav rated it it was ok
Oct 30, 2012
Rose
Rose rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2012
Regina Hunter
Nov 22, 2011 Regina Hunter rated it it was amazing
Amazing one, I like how they showed partial blueprints of the building.
Sheri
Jun 03, 2013 Sheri rated it really liked it
Borrowed this from the library to look at with the kids. Educational and interesting.
A&E Harbin
A&E Harbin marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2012
Warren
Warren added it
Sep 30, 2012
Lisa
Lisa added it
Dec 13, 2012
Marek Gołębiewski
Marek Gołębiewski marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2012
Chris
Chris added it
Jan 20, 2013
William
William marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2013
Debs Wombat
Debs Wombat marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2013
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Ivor
Ivor marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Douglas Koehne
Douglas Koehne marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Carina28
Carina28 marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Colin
Colin added it
Sep 30, 2014
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Alyssa Miller
Alyssa Miller marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015