Start by marking “The Flying Witches of Veracruz: A Shaman's True Story of Indigenous Witchcraft, Devil's Weed, and Trance Healing in Aztec Brujeria” as Want to Read:

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Waking up in Mictlan, the underworld entrance of the North, nearly dead from an evil witch's attack--this is where James Endredy's gripping true account of his experience with the witches of Veracruz begins. As the apprentice of a powerful curandero, or healer, Endredy learns the dangerous magic and mystical arts of brujeria, a nearly extinct form of Aztec witchcraft, and ...more
Published December 8th 2011 by Llewellyn Publications (first published December 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Flying Witches of Veracruz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Flying Witches of Veracruz

Heidi Wiechert
I picked this book up because of the title- witches, shaman, trance healings, who could resist that! I found The Flying Witches of Veracruz to be a fascinating but disorienting romp through a little known form of witchcraft/shamanism.

The rituals that James described were completely different from anything else that I've studied. His whirlwind education through introductions to the spirits, both good and evil, read like a modern urban fantasy. He mentions at the beginning of his book that most o
Henk
Very enjoyable read.
Exciting, informative and a well written story -even if this is not your thing.
It will introduce you to how real many people view sorcery and how ingrained it is in the lives/realities of many in more 'traditional' societies. Also perhaps a warning to those who take this too lightly, since messing with those who do may land you in some hectic trouble. Then, help will not come from conventional quarters.
Michael Blackthorn
This book was absolutely amazing. I couldn't put it down. I usually read a few books at a time and flip through each one but I tossed everything out for a day and read this through! It was really well written, inspiring and you could really feel the energy of the progression in the book. It really allowed me to challenge myself, my thought patterns and to expand my beliefs!
Amber
Since coming to Mexico, I have encountered a huge amount of indigineous witchcraft here. This book I found in English has helped me to understand more about the beliefs of the people around me.
Very enlightening read to me as a foreigner, and also very entertaining!
Alicia Salinas
This is a true story that is truly amazing. I loved every minute of it. It disproved theories that all brujeria is evil or from the devil. Very entertaining.
Elizabeth Patterson
Elizabeth Patterson marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Melissa Beam
Melissa Beam marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Kara Jonas
Kara Jonas marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Carly Millican
Carly Millican marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Brian Gendron
Brian Gendron marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
saferia
saferia marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Krysta
Krysta marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Eliza
Eliza marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2013
Rawannie
Rawannie marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Helena Sheibler
Helena Sheibler marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Carlo Medrano
Carlo Medrano marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2013
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Beyond 2012: A Shaman's Call to Personal Change and the Transformation of Global Consciousness Ecoshamanism: Sacred Practices of Unity, Power & Earth Healing Shamanism for Beginners: Walking with the World's Healers of Earth and Sky Lightning in My Blood: A Journey Into Shamanic Healing & the Supernatural The Journey of Tunuri and the Blue Deer: A Huichol Indian Story