Start by marking “Seeds of Greatness: The Ten Best-Kept Secrets of Total Success” as Want to Read:
Seeds of Greatness: The Ten Best-Kept Secrets of Total Success

Seeds of Greatness: The Ten Best-Kept Secrets of Total Success

The real keys, the seeds, necessary to develop a truly meaningful life.
Published July 1st 1988 by Pocket Books (first published January 1st 1973)

To ask other readers questions about Seeds of Greatness, please sign up.

Christopher Lewis Kozoriz No, I just finished this book and I decided to look through it for you to answer your question. I went through all the pages twice and I didn't see…moreNo, I just finished this book and I decided to look through it for you to answer your question. I went through all the pages twice and I didn't see the poems you mentioned. Thanks.(less)

Katherine
Sep 16, 2014 Katherine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read
This was the first self development book that I ever read and this was when I was about 15-16, maybe even 17.. I loved it! It was when/after I read this book that I discovered my love for self help and development. This book is a must read and re-read. It's a must get, and a book that I proudly own. Furthermore, it's a book that should be read once a year and be kept through life for reference, support and reminder. I really love and have a special connection and appreciation to this book. Idk i ...more
Diane
Jun 26, 2008 Diane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
I read Seeds of Greatness by Denis Waitley many years ago.
He reviews ten simple "secrets" for living a happy and successful life. His chapter titles are:
The Seed of Self-Esteem
The Seed of Perspective

It's a real classic!
Terri
Mar 09, 2012 Terri rated it it was amazing
This book has been the most memorable and biggest life impact book I have ever read. Originally read in my mid twenties. Reading it again at 50!
Christopher Lewis Kozoriz
"Isn't it time we switched from washing our minds with "soaps" to programming our minds with goals?
The mind is goal-seeking by design. Successful individuals have game plans and purposes that are clearly defined and to which they constantly refer. They know where they are going every day, every month, and every year. Things don't just happen in their lives. They make life happen for themselves and their loved ones. They know the difference between goal-achieving actions, and activities that are
Chris Columbus
Jan 04, 2016 Chris Columbus rated it it was amazing
This book opened my eyes at 22 years old to the "possibilities" my parents, school and others never mentioned to me growing up. Let me tell you how I found this book:

After a bad day working for a mean old man who told me my days were numbered, I was heading towards the bus stop feeling really dejected and worthless. My life sucked and I was fresh out of the Military.

I dropped inside a book store as I wait for the bus, and meandered around the store. On a back row, back of the store, at the lowe
Louis Barbier
Jan 20, 2016 Louis Barbier rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to read from time-to-time. It offers some wonderful suggestions in how to reach your goals or keep working until you reach your goals! From the principles and secrets of total success you will not only reach your goals but be a happier person by reaching the goals you have set up in your life. It is a work in progress, which like navigating the vastness of an ocean you will learn how to make adjustments as you work toward your goals. I am glad I took the time to again review ...more
Laura Lynch
Jun 20, 2008 Laura Lynch rated it liked it
"Seeds of Greatness" lists ten secrets of success, simply presented in an upbeat format. Tips include thinking positive, believing in yourself, perseverance, being kind and learning from life. The book shares inspiring anadotes of people who have overcome incredible odds, such Wilma the Olympic gold medalist who wore leg braces as a child. Easy, enhancing read
Fermin Quant
Jan 02, 2015 Fermin Quant rated it it was amazing
An excellent book to get a yourself a better view of the world and of your way of thinking. If you lack self-esteem, you should definitely read it. If you don't lack it, it is still a very helpful read so you can check your daily thoughts, and refresh yourself with quite a few of its funny stories.
Donald Harrison
Apr 28, 2016 Donald Harrison rated it it was amazing
I couldn't find this in ordinary bookstores; however, managed to grab from a used book store. If someone interested in personal development reads,this will be a treat. Much better read than modern day colourful personal development books.
Christine Lee
May 23, 2009 Christine Lee rated it it was amazing
This book is a great teacing tool to add to learning about life and how we think. The seeds of greatness is very well written and keeps you captured.
Trace
Jul 05, 2016 Trace rated it really liked it
I would rate this 3 stars for myself...but I read this with an eye to having my son read this a few years down the road and with that in mind, I would rate it 4 to 4.5 stars.
Michelle Beese
Michelle Beese rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2009
Jack Oughton
Jack Oughton rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2011
David Stemple
David Stemple rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2013
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2008
Maeby215
Maeby215 rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2015
Jonson Chong
Jonson Chong rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2010
Rand
Rand rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2014
Garry Pierre
Garry Pierre rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2012
Sherwood Shoff
Sherwood Shoff rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2013
Jamie Brown
Jamie Brown rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2015
Shane
Shane rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2011
Nathalie Chikhi
Nathalie Chikhi rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2015
Kevin Collins
Kevin Collins rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2012
Kerise
Kerise rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2012
Ron Mellott
Ron Mellott rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Deanne
Deanne rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2010
James
James rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2016
Dennis
Dennis rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2010
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Friendship Factor: How to Get Closer to the People You Care for
  • The Seasons of Life
  • Maxwell 3-in1 Special Edition: The Winning Attitude,Developing the Leaders Around You,Becoming a Person of Influence
  • Even Eagles Need a Push: Learning to Soar in a Changing World
  • Don't Let Anybody Steal Your Dream
  • Multicultural Education in a Pluralistic Society
  • A Student's Guide To History
  • Over the Top
  • Simple Steps to Impossible Dreams: The 15 Power Secrets of the World's Most Successful People
  • Man of Steel and Velvet
  • Beware the Naked Man Who Offers You His Shirt: Do What You Love, Love What You Do, and Deliver More Than You Promise
  • Creating Your Personal Life Plan: A Step-by-Step Guide for Designing the Life You've Always Wanted
  • Becoming A Master Student
  • Overcoming Overeating: Conquer Your Obsession With Food
  • Jesus, CEO: Using Ancient Wisdom for Visionary Leadership
  • Acres of Diamonds
  • Life Is Tremendous
  • A Better Way to Live
One of America's most respected authors, keynote lecturers and productivity consultants on high performance human achievement. 10 million audio programs sold in 14 languages, Denis Waitley is one of the most listened-to voices on personal and career success. A graduate of the U. S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, and former Navy pilot, he holds a doctorate degree in human behavior.
More about Denis Waitley...