Secret of Deadman's Coulee

Secret of Deadman's Coulee (Whitehorse Montana #1)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  9 reviews
It would just figure! Eve Bailey would have the rotten luck to drop in on a body and a thirty-year-old mystery. And darn it all, Carter Jackson "would" be the sheriff determined to take on the cold case--"and" Eve. In high school he had been one tall drink of water, and nothing had changed--not his smoldering eyes, his cowboy swagger or the way Eve felt about him. The Whit...more
Published June 1st 2007 by Harlequin Books (first published May 29th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Secret of Deadman's Coulee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret of Deadman's Coulee

Susan
I'm glad I read a few books in this series out of order because if I started with this one, my reading would have ended with it, too.

The characters had some traits which I do NOT like - being secretive to the point of bringing physical hard to someone, and being so 'independent' (pigheaded) that no one can help.

Aside from this, the Reveal wasn't all that earth shattering, nor did it reflect the actions of those who wanted things quiet. It was more of a 'big whoop' moment.

However, the sense of...more
Diana
A good beginning to a series written by B.J. Daniels. The first book in the Whitehorse, Montana series. A great read that was hard to put down. If you haven't read a B.J. Daniels book before, I would suggest taht you start with this one; it will get you hooked!
Books and Spoons
Small town full of secrets, everyone seems to have at least one life-changing secret. No one is being fully honest to each other. All the turns of the plot just brings up more secrets.
The suspense is just that, the secrets piling up. At the end some are revealed because gun is against their head. Some events of the story never get conclusion.
The romance is also barely there, high school couple who still years later are carrying torch to each other, one kiss, but nothing is solved, nothing talk...more
Manju
i coulnt even begin to guess what the ending could have been. and the author stayed true to the main character. now i am hooked have to read next in the series to know what happens next.
Shannon Renee
I remember now why B.J. Daniels is my favorite author of the delicious purple intrigue books. Likable characters, solid plots full of plausible danger. Love!
micki
i never thought i'd enjoy a harlequin book, but i really have enjoyed this series so far. so much going on and characters carry over to other books.
Donna
Great book. I read the second book in this series first. Loved so much I. Had to get the rest of the series.
Suzy
great book by a great author.
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Sarah Phalen
Sarah Phalen marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
B C
B C marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Angel Bailey
Angel Bailey marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Sherry Hastings
Sherry Hastings marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Jennie
Jennie marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Barb Finch
Barb Finch marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Samm.
Samm. marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Oleander
Oleander marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Melanie Weaver
Melanie Weaver marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Valorie
Valorie marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
B.J. Daniels' life dream was to be a policewoman. After a career as an award-winning newspaper journalist, she wrote and sold 37 short stories before she finally wrote her first book. Since then she has won numerous awards including a career achievement award last year for romantic suspense.

She lives in Montana with her husband, Parker, two Springer Spaniels, Jem and Spot, and a temperamental tomc...more
More about B.J. Daniels...
Crime Scene At Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #1) The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana #2) Justice at Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #2) Unforgiven (Beartooth, Montana, #1) Branded