Start by marking “Handbook of Mathematical Functions: with Formulas, Graphs, and Mathematical Tables” as Want to Read:

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  32 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Students and professionals in the fields of mathematics, physics, engineering, and economics will find this reference work invaluable. A classic resource for working with special functions, standard trig, and exponential logarithmic definitions and extensions, it features 29 sets of tables, some to as high as 20 places.
Published June 1st 1965 by Dover Publications

To ask other readers questions about Handbook of Mathematical Functions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Handbook of Mathematical Functions

Douglas
Mar 19, 2015 Douglas rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mathematics
Even in the days of Mathematica, which I've used for over 10 years, I still consult this book. For one thing I know it; though I haven't memorized it, I know it well enough to quickly find what I'm looking for and in a form I readily recognize. All of its content can be extracted from Mathematica but sometimes its conventions are different and it can take time to work them out. So when I'm in a hurry I consult this reference. Also, the conventions and notations used in "Abramowitz and Stegun" (w ...more
Alejandro
Oct 30, 2015 Alejandro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On my search of understanding the Gamma function in order to learn how to generalize factorials and then discuss with my friends how they did things back in the old days, I've met again with this beauty, a very comprehensive list of the most used functions and a quick-to-read list of everything you need to see the world in an more intimate fashion.
Zach
Nov 14, 2015 Zach rated it it was amazing
Shelves: math, reference
You may never need to know two dozen different recurrence relations for confluent hypergeometric functions. But, if that day comes, your options are A&S or its online successor http://dlmf.nist.gov/.
Ron Caves
Oct 31, 2012 Ron Caves rated it really liked it
Comprehensive, dense and invaluable in days before Matlab, Mathematica, Wikipedia etc. The tables may be superseded by technology but still a key reference for formulae and special functions.
Mason
Mason marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Luis Silva
Luis Silva marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Larry
Larry is currently reading it
Apr 08, 2016
Quark
Quark added it
Apr 01, 2016
Terlan Akhundova
Terlan Akhundova marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Rebekah
Rebekah rated it it was ok
Mar 11, 2016
Io
Io marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Jim Bagrow
Jim Bagrow rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Tal
Tal marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Atte
Atte marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
M. Hunter
M. Hunter rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Randall Marrett
Randall Marrett marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Elly
Elly marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Diana Mecum
Diana Mecum rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2015
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Naes
Naes rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2015
Jessica Xu
Jessica Xu marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Gary Kennedy
Gary Kennedy rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2015
Brent
Brent marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Brian
Brian rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2015
Breno Minzon
Breno Minzon rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2015
Juan
Juan rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »