Start by marking “United States of the Dead (White Flag of the Dead, #4)” as Want to Read:
United States of the Dead (White Flag of the Dead, #4)

United States of the Dead (White Flag of the Dead #4)

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  455 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
White Flag Of The Dead: Book 4
During the Upheaval, city after city fell to the Enillo Virus, filling the streets with ravenous ghouls. Not even the countryside was spared, as millions of the undead flowed over the land. From the mountains of Appalachia to the beaches of the Atlantic, the East Coast was dead.Two groups must enter this nightmare. On one side is John Talon an
Published (first published October 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about United States of the Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about United States of the Dead

World War Z by Max BrooksZombie Fallout by Mark TufoA Plague Upon Your Family by Mark TufoThe End by Mark TufoFeed by Mira Grant
Best Zombie Books
235th out of 1,047 books — 2,581 voters
We Got Zombies On The Lawn Again, Ma by Donnie  SmithApocalyptic Empire by Chris   BlakeFirst Light by Adam SigristSeason of the Dead by Lucia  AdamsLove & the Zombie Apocalypse by Chelsea Luna
Zombies, Zombies, Zombies; Oh, My!
111th out of 115 books — 103 voters

More lists with this book...

Grw
May 16, 2015 Grw rated it liked it
The fourth book in the series is a straight continuation from the third with next to nothing to separate the two, meaning that America the Dead had no real ending and this one has no beginning. Quite frankly the two should have been combined, and then edited to take out some of the excess material.

With that in mind, pretty much everything I said in my review of that book still stands. There's still a few too many typos, and guns get a higher billing than almost all the people, especially the wo
George
Sep 04, 2013 George rated it liked it
This was just a continuation of the last book. It picked up right where the last book ended, seeming more like a single book just split in half than two separate books. Again the story was ok. It did seem to drag a little at times... OK, so you ran across another town infested with zombies and got caught while searching for supplies... The two books combined could probably have been shortened by 1/3, with most of that coming out of this book. Just like the previous book, I felt like a lot of tim ...more
Chad
Aug 18, 2014 Chad rated it really liked it
I was pleased this book did not go in the direction I was worried it would go in after reading the previous book in the series. I was worried the plot was going to go in a government conspiracy direction.

I struggled a bit at first with the hero's rational for traveling half way across the country but was forced to conclude the longer I thought about it that the artifacts could be a potent symbol for the survivors of what they could aspire to if they worked together.

Frank Watson
Jun 26, 2014 Frank Watson rated it it was ok
I give this book a rating of two. One thing it is very predictable, esp the ending and Second is the fact that the author gives credit to Marines as being the guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Solider. A big slap to they 3rd Infantry Regiment out of Ft. Myers. The US Army has guarded the Tomb since 1948.. That tell's me he doesn't know what he is writing about or just doesn't care and thinks his reader's are just as uninformed as he is.
Lucas Darathy
Jan 03, 2015 Lucas Darathy rated it liked it
The second half was much better than the first one. I'm so glad all that Major crap is over, it was such a waste of time. Zombie apocalypse, people doing their best to survive and you leave your own family to go to Washington because of some documents? Sorry, but priorities, man. That said, I am now excited for the next book. It has potential to be great, IMO.
Michael Alberts
Feb 13, 2014 Michael Alberts rated it it was amazing
United States of the dead

this series is awesome. the storyline is unique and rich with intrigue. the lead character is likeable and his ragtag group of friends are fun to roll with as the story goes on. I like this series because it does not bury you in gun and special force background. but still conveys the love of guns and ammo.
what really makes my.like the main character is it follows an everyday guy and turns him into a badness. it preys on the hope all people have that they have the abili
Leighton
Nov 04, 2012 Leighton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 stars - want more, more books, more movies about the books, more movies about the authors and the making of the movie, just more!!!

How I review...
1 star - binned it before half way, please don't write anymore!!!
2 stars - finally binned it after really trying, I mean really trying and I hate to not finishing someth....
3 stars - finished it but boy was that hard work on times, it just about hooked me back in as I was about to dump it
4 stars - great book but it lacked something, something, can't
Patti Bartosch
Jun 13, 2014 Patti Bartosch rated it it was amazing
Exceptional!!

This is one of the best zombie series I have read. while reading one, I can't wait to get to the next!!
BJ Haun
Jan 29, 2016 BJ Haun rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Zombie novels are a dime a dozen, but the White Flag of the Dead series dares to do something that few other zombie novels do: Have characters that exist to be more than just zombie fodder. It had been some time since I had read the 3rd book the series before I got to United States of the Dead, but I was immediately draw back into the story. A bit predictable and melodramatic, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Jason
Apr 10, 2012 Jason rated it it was ok
Finally finished all the books in the series and my one word review would be 'Disappointing'.
2 dimensional characters and some of the dialogue made me cringe. The author seemed obsessed with different types of guns and left a few plot threads unfinished.
It's a shame, as apart from the characters and dialogue the story was not that bad.
Suzy (ereaderuser)
Jan 27, 2012 Suzy (ereaderuser) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2012
I thought all the books in this series were good solid zombie reads. The story was mainly about dealing with the worst and best of humanity in the aftermath of the zombie uprising. There was still some good zombie fighting action however. My only real complaint would be the somewhat far-fetched accomplishments of the main characters.
Steven Simpson
Feb 16, 2013 Steven Simpson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombie-horror
Brilliant loved it! John talon travels to Washington to to retrieve the Declaration of Independence before the evil self appointed general ken Thornton pedophile rapest and murderer, can get it. Battles and action galore fantastic fictional zombie romp! Can't wait for part 5!
Rob Falcon
Aug 20, 2012 Rob Falcon rated it it was amazing

Really love this series. Just have to look past the fact that fuel in these books stay good for years sitting in vehicles. But it's small and I would not have thought to much of if not for the JL Bourne books.
Michele Heeder
Apr 24, 2013 Michele Heeder rated it it was amazing
Another great one from Mr. Talluto. Great story, well thought out characters, and a satisfying conclusion. I am on to the next book in this series!
Jazzie the reader of all books
Mar 27, 2013 Jazzie the reader of all books rated it really liked it
OMG I CRIED JUST SAYING.......... THORNTON WAS A BITCH
Phil Lloyd
Aug 27, 2013 Phil Lloyd rated it really liked it
Not the greatest piece of literature but I enjoyed it.
John
Sep 30, 2012 John rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
Great
Steve Gase
Steve Gase marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Steven Czegus
Steven Czegus marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Rita
Rita rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
t.m. butcher
t.m. butcher rated it really liked it
May 17, 2016
Glenn
Glenn is currently reading it
May 15, 2016
Julie Roussel
Julie Roussel rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
Aditya
Aditya rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
johnpaulmidgley
johnpaulmidgley rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2016
allie
allie rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2016
Paul Hoke
Paul Hoke rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2016
GEORGIA L RINEHART
GEORGIA L RINEHART rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Mathieu Kautz
Mathieu Kautz marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
  • Crossbones (Omega Days #4)
  • Deadlocked 4 (Deadlocked, #4)
  • Breaking News: An Autozombiography
  • Mogadishu of the Dead (Arisen, #2)
  • The Killing Floor (The Infection #2)
  • Taken (A New World, #4)
  • Mutated  (Dead World, #4)
  • The Rising Horde: Volume Two (The Gathering Dead, #3)
  • Juggernaut (Outpost, #0.5)
  • Necrophobia (Zombie Apocalypse #1)
  • Trudge (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #1)
  • The Wild Country (Living with the Dead #4)
  • The Fall (Blue Plague, #1)
  • The Flood (Arisen #10)
  • The End Has Come and Gone (Zombie Fallout, #4)

White Flag of the Dead (6 books)
  • White Flag of The Dead (White Flag of the Dead, #1)
  • Taking it Back (White Flag of the Dead, #2)
  • America the Dead (White Flag of the Dead, #3)
  • Dead Surge (White Flag of the Dead, #5)
  • Last Stand of the Dead (White Flag of the Dead, #6)