Start by marking “Heal Your Body A-Z” as Want to Read:
Heal Your Body A-Z

Heal Your Body A-Z

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  467 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Arranged in an A-to-Z format, this step-by-step guide looks at the reader's specific health challenge, the probable cause for this health issue, and the information needed to overcome it by creating a new thought pattern.
Published January 1st 2001 by Hay House (first published November 30th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Heal Your Body A-Z, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heal Your Body A-Z

Anna
Feb 05, 2009 Anna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anna by: Kymia
I would love to say that I believe in this stuff (there's a HUGE "but" coming) BUT while I do think there's some truth to the "mind over body" way of thinking, I don't think you can really wish away a cyst or cancer. I wish you could and I do think a positive attitude can go a long way but when I get sick I want to make sure I have a good, qualified physician taking care of me, not this book.
Mamey
Mar 15, 2013 Mamey rated it it was amazing
I LOVE Louise Hay! This book is a great addition to those particular books that you will go back to often. Reference books, is what I call them. I love her philosophy and her concepts of what you say becomes your life. Very powerful. As I read through some of the health issue's I've experienced, I had to really be honest with myself and admit alot of uncomfortable things about myself. It was eye-opening and hopefully will stick and remain with me forever so I can continue to grow and improve my ...more
Gwendoline Van
Jun 10, 2014 Gwendoline Van rated it really liked it
Much more simplistic than I imagined, I nonetheless enjoyed this book. Hay essentially distills all ailments as falling into two buckets--expressions of anger or expressions of fear.

“The mental thought patterns that cause the most dis-ease in the body are criticism, anger, resentment, and guilt."

The idea is that you look to your physical ailments to give you clues about your emotional and psychological health. Hay offers up mantras to counter what your ailments reveal.

A few of the ailments tha
Aimee
Oct 02, 2007 Aimee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great, easy to access book if you are looking into alternative approaches to health and wellness. It's based on metaphysical philosophies of health and disease (dis-ease). I highly recommend it if you are looking to improve your quality of life, better understand your body, and are able to keep an open mind.
Elena
May 05, 2016 Elena rated it really liked it
The first place I or someone I know has an ailment. This book really helps illustrate the mind/body connection. I often find that the spiritual meanings make a lot of sense. I've not had much success with using the suggested affirmations to correct the problems--but that's my fault because I haven't put in the effort of saying them. Overall, a very interesting book and a must-have for the spirit junkie's library.
Rachel
Oct 18, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing
This book was suggest to me by my daughters therapist. I love it! It has some very interesting information in it. Even if you are not "new age" minded it will give you a great deal to think about. It connects feeling and psychology to physical ailments. We are finding out more everyday that this type of science has merit. I am a very logical and science fact based person and this book still spoke volumes to me.
Jill
Nov 16, 2014 Jill rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
Only good for people who are open to hoke-pokey ideas like self-healing through positive affirmations (like me!) Although I agree it does seem pretty funny to read introspective reasons for having gonorrheh and positive affirmations to correct the problem. (I would just say the reason is not a need for punishment for being a "bad" person, just the result of having unprotected sex.)
Aaron
Sep 17, 2015 Aaron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great healing guide for you and your loved ones

I liked that you could jump straight, find problems that are ailing you most, and begin to heal them immediately. For future readers, I say open your mind and take in what the author has to say. I recommend this book.
Kenneth Jr.
Aug 31, 2015 Kenneth Jr. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intersting perspectove

I have a hard time believing anything I just read but hey, I've heard of odder things that happened. Take it for what this book is worth. Louise Hay is one of my faves though. She is a warrior and her affirmations are so sincere.
Kay
Jun 28, 2013 Kay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This handy reference guide covers a variety of ailments, their root mental causes, and new though patterns you cna use as affirmations to relieve your problems. It isn't always easy to believe that physical problems are the result of "stinking thinking", but as I read through the list of physical problems, Identifying those that have plagued me in my lifetime, i noticed a pattern. Nearly all of the physical problems I have experienced relate to an inability to let go of the past or an inability ...more
Kerissa Taylor
Jan 18, 2016 Kerissa Taylor rated it really liked it
I review this book often and love the insight that it gives. Always true to what's going on in my life and helping me shift my perspective.
Anandi
Dec 31, 2014 Anandi rated it it was amazing
Eye-opening and soul-healing. I could not get through this book with a dry eye. There is truth in how we manifest dis-ease in our bodies through our thoughts.
Richard
Oct 08, 2015 Richard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Must Have!

I'm not big on self help mumbo jumbo, but I can honestly say this book opened my eyes to many things. I am using a few of the affirmations and I already see a positive change in me. I would suggest everyone read this.. It may just make the world a better place.
Laura Simmons
Aug 31, 2015 Laura Simmons rated it it was amazing
This is a reference book and I enjoy going through it whenever I have an ailment to see if maybe there is a spiritual reason why I have attracted it.
Cortney Durbin
May 28, 2014 Cortney Durbin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
Very interesting stuff. I looked up my ailments and saw a very distinct pattern of alleged thought processes that made perfect sense for me. In my case (according to her ailments and their causes) I don't trust the universe, have a hard time letting go of the past, and harbor a lot of anger and resentment. I'd say that's extremely true.

I think this book is a great guide and tool for getting one thinking more positively!
Shelley
Jun 30, 2014 Shelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nutrition-health
I think I checked out a summary edition of this book two years ago and thought it a joke. Somehow I came across the full version and actually found it very interesting this time. I guess I not as narrow minded as last time I looked at it. Heh.
Linda A. Giles
Linda A. Giles marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Pam Reeves
Pam Reeves is currently reading it
Jun 25, 2016
Bryn
Bryn added it
Jun 24, 2016
Kim
Kim is currently reading it
Jun 22, 2016
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
DewPearl
DewPearl rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Renu Misra
Renu Misra marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Timothy Boyd
Timothy Boyd marked it as to-read
Lauren Stevenson
Lauren Stevenson marked it as to-read
Kimberly M.
Kimberly M. rated it it was amazing
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
annette glenn
annette glenn marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Josie
Josie rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2016
brajesh sharma
brajesh sharma rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2016
  • Quantum-Touch: The Power to Heal
  • The EFT Manual
  • The Genie in Your Genes: Epigenetic Medicine and the New Biology of Intention
  • Blissful Bites: Vegan Meals That Nourish Mind, Body, and Planet
  • Mudras - Yoga in Your Hands
  • A Life Worth Breathing: A Yoga Master's Handbook of Strength, Grace, and Healing
  • I Had It All the Time: When Self-Improvement Gives Way to Ecstasy
  • No More Dirty Looks: The Truth About Your Beauty Products and the Ultimate Guide to Safe and Clean Cosmetics
  • Journey to the Heart: Daily Meditations on the Path to Freeing Your Soul
  • A Magical Course in Tarot: Reading the Cards in a Whole New Way
  • Gorgeously Green
  • The Loved Dog
  • Reality, Spirituality and Modern Man
  • Trust Me
  • Power Tarot: More Than 100 Spreads That Give Specific Answers to Your Most Important Question
  • 21-Day Weight Loss Kickstart: Boost Metabolism, Lower Cholesterol, and Dramatically Improve Your Health
  • Your Body Doesn't Lie
  • The Crystal Healer: Crystal Prescriptions That Will Change Your Life Forever
Louise Hay was born to a poor mother who married Hay's violent stepfather. When she was about five, she was raped by a neighbor. At fifteen she dropped out of high school without a diploma, became pregnant, and on her sixteenth birthday gave up her newborn baby girl for adoption.

She moved to Chicago, where she worked in menial jobs, before moving in 1950 to New York. At this point she changed her
More about Louise L. Hay...

“How you start your day is how you live your day. How you live your day is how you live your life.” 18 likes
“If we are willing to do the mental work, almost anything can be healed.” 13 likes