Start by marking “Heal Your Body A-Z” as Want to Read:
Heal Your Body A-Z

Heal Your Body A-Z

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  184 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Arranged in an A-to-Z format, this step-by-step guide looks at the reader's specific health challenge, the probable cause for this health issue, and the information needed to overcome it by creating a new thought pattern.
Published January 1st 2001 by Hay House (first published November 30th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Heal Your Body A-Z, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heal Your Body A-Z

Mamey
I LOVE Louise Hay! This book is a great addition to those particular books that you will go back to often. Reference books, is what I call them. I love her philosophy and her concepts of what you say becomes your life. Very powerful. As I read through some of the health issue's I've experienced, I had to really be honest with myself and admit alot of uncomfortable things about myself. It was eye-opening and hopefully will stick and remain with me forever so I can continue to grow and improve my ...more
Anna
Feb 05, 2009 Anna rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anna by: Kymia
I would love to say that I believe in this stuff (there's a HUGE "but" coming) BUT while I do think there's some truth to the "mind over body" way of thinking, I don't think you can really wish away a cyst or cancer. I wish you could and I do think a positive attitude can go a long way but when I get sick I want to make sure I have a good, qualified physician taking care of me, not this book.
Gwendoline Van
Much more simplistic than I imagined, I nonetheless enjoyed this book. Hay essentially distills all ailments as falling into two buckets--expressions of anger or expressions of fear.

“The mental thought patterns that cause the most dis-ease in the body are criticism, anger, resentment, and guilt."

The idea is that you look to your physical ailments to give you clues about your emotional and psychological health. Hay offers up mantras to counter what your ailments reveal.

A few of the ailments tha
Aimee
This is a great, easy to access book if you are looking into alternative approaches to health and wellness. It's based on metaphysical philosophies of health and disease (dis-ease). I highly recommend it if you are looking to improve your quality of life, better understand your body, and are able to keep an open mind.
Rachel
This book was suggest to me by my daughters therapist. I love it! It has some very interesting information in it. Even if you are not "new age" minded it will give you a great deal to think about. It connects feeling and psychology to physical ailments. We are finding out more everyday that this type of science has merit. I am a very logical and science fact based person and this book still spoke volumes to me.
Jill
Only good for people who are open to hoke-pokey ideas like self-healing through positive affirmations (like me!) Although I agree it does seem pretty funny to read introspective reasons for having gonorrheh and positive affirmations to correct the problem. (I would just say the reason is not a need for punishment for being a "bad" person, just the result of having unprotected sex.)
Kay
This handy reference guide covers a variety of ailments, their root mental causes, and new though patterns you cna use as affirmations to relieve your problems. It isn't always easy to believe that physical problems are the result of "stinking thinking", but as I read through the list of physical problems, Identifying those that have plagued me in my lifetime, i noticed a pattern. Nearly all of the physical problems I have experienced relate to an inability to let go of the past or an inability ...more
Cortney Durbin
Very interesting stuff. I looked up my ailments and saw a very distinct pattern of alleged thought processes that made perfect sense for me. In my case (according to her ailments and their causes) I don't trust the universe, have a hard time letting go of the past, and harbor a lot of anger and resentment. I'd say that's extremely true.

I think this book is a great guide and tool for getting one thinking more positively!
Shelley
I think I checked out a summary edition of this book two years ago and thought it a joke. Somehow I came across the full version and actually found it very interesting this time. I guess I not as narrow minded as last time I looked at it. Heh.
Daisy
Daisy is currently reading it
Dec 21, 2014
Daydemi
Daydemi marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Alejandra
Alejandra is currently reading it
Dec 09, 2014
Jacque
Jacque added it
Dec 11, 2014
Michelle Tourtillott
Michelle Tourtillott is currently reading it
Dec 04, 2014
Rubymarie
Rubymarie marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
  • Quantum-Touch: The Power to Heal
  • The EFT Manual
  • The Genie in Your Genes: Epigenetic Medicine and the New Biology of Intention
  • The Loved Dog
  • No More Dirty Looks: The Truth About Your Beauty Products and the Ultimate Guide to Safe and Clean Cosmetics
  • Choosing Happiness: Keys to a Joyful Life
  • I Have Nothing To Wear!: A Painless 12-Step Program to Declutter Your Life So You Never Have to Say This Again!
  • Trust Me
  • Emotion Code: How to Release Your Trapped Emotions for Abundant Health, Love and Happiness
  • Secret Life of Water
  • Eye Candy: 50 Easy Makeup Looks for Glam Lids and Luscious Lashes
  • Living with Joy: Keys to Personal Power and Spiritual Transformation
  • Body Drama: Real Girls, Real Bodies, Real Issues, Real Answers
  • The Best Of Clean Eating: Over 200 Mouthwatering Recipes To Keep You Lean And Healthy
  • 21-Day Weight Loss Kickstart: Boost Metabolism, Lower Cholesterol, and Dramatically Improve Your Health
  • I Can Make You Sleep: Overcome Insomnia Forever and Get the Best Rest of Your Life!
  • How to Have Style
  • Get Cooking: 150 Simple Recipes to Get You Started in the Kitchen
Louise Hay was born to a poor mother who married Hay's violent stepfather. When she was about five, she was raped by a neighbor. At fifteen she dropped out of high school without a diploma, became pregnant, and on her sixteenth birthday gave up her newborn baby girl for adoption.

She moved to Chicago, where she worked in menial jobs, before moving in 1950 to New York. At this point she changed her
More about Louise L. Hay...
You Can Heal Your Life Heal Your Body/New Cover: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them The Power Is Within You You Can Create An Exceptional Life I Can Do It

“How you start your day is how you live your day. How you live your day is how you live your life.” 7 likes
“Humor and joy contribute to my total well-being.” 7 likes