Start by marking “The Thief” as Want to Read:
The Thief

The Thief

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  1 review
Which can cause more damage - a secret between a father and a son, or the truth when it finally comes out years later? Can something as simple as a baseball card destroy a relationship between the two?

A new short story from our Nibs literary line.
Published October 20th 2011 by Untreed Reads

To ask other readers questions about The Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thief

Roberta Goodman
The Thief begins with a father and son talking on the phone. During the conversation, the father mentions, once again, how he can’t understand how all his Topps trading cards worth anything seem nowhere to be found. Unbeknownst to him, his son knows. He and his now deceased friend had stolen the rookie cards years prior, when they were teenagers, so they could trade them.

It’s been over twenty-five years since the pilfering, but it still haunts the perpetrator. Wishing his father would forget abo
Michael Frissore
May 03, 2012 Michael Frissore rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm currently finishing/editing my first novel, which is based on a three-part, non-fiction piece I wrote for the now-defunct Flak Magazine a few years ago...I have previously published four books, including an e-book, two poetry chapbooks and a short story collection called Puppet Shows. Plus another short chapbook that's still online at Silkworms Ink. My work has appeared in over 70 publications ...more
More about Michael Frissore...
Puppet Shows Poetry is Dead Long Blue Boomerang Solid Gold: Anthology of the Very Best Short Fiction from Gold Dust