Start by marking “California Caress” as Want to Read:
California Caress

California Caress

Hope Bennett is determined to save her brother's life. And if that means paying notorious gunslinger Drake Frazier to take his place in a fight, she'll barter her last gold nugget.

But Hope soon discovers she'll have to give the handsome rattlesnake more than riches if she wants his help. His improper demands infuriate her; even as she luxuriates in the tantalizing heat of
Published June 21st 2011 by ePublishing Works! (first published September 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about California Caress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about California Caress

Katrina
Aug 25, 2011 Katrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review.

Hope Bennett was determined right or wrong to find Drake Frazier, the gunslinger that was well known for his bad ass trait and gun slinging abilities, but what she didn't expect was his payment option.

Having no other way out, Hope agrees to Drakes requests, with no intention of paying up. If it means saving her brother she will agree now and work out the consequences later.

Drake has other ideas, he not only helps Hope out, to save her brother but finds that even though Hope is hot head
Anne OK
Mar 07, 2012 Anne OK rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anne OK by: Tonya Gentry from PCs Blog
Shelves: 2012-reads
A fun to read western historical with two very stubborn but delightful characters. From California to Boston, a gunslinger seeks revenge on his brother and a scarred but beautiful young woman hides her secrets. Together they find something neither ever expected. (Kindle freebie)
Babs
Aug 25, 2011 Babs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, western
Hope has gotten in over her head when he father sends her and her brother Luke to find a certain gunslinger. How she finds him is one of the most hilarious parts of the book. Hope is trying to help save her brother from a situation he doesn’t need to be in. When she finally talks to Drake Frazier she can not stand what he has to say, but goes a long with his demands, little does he know she does not plan to fulfill her debt to him or does she?
The writing was good there were some errors, but noth
Meaghan
*STEAMY**HOT**ROMANTIC**HEARTWARMIN**FANTASTIC** !!

This was a really great book! I'll admit, there were times when I found myself drifting from the story, getting the feeling that it was a little bit of a run around. But the complexity of Drake and the Stubborn headedness of Hope kept me hanging on. Which was all worth it in the end. The excitement and adventure really never did end!

It was a gripping tale of two people with much to discover and learn not only about themselves but about life and
Leagh
Nov 02, 2011 Leagh rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Hope Bennett was determined to find Drake Frasier to save her brother from being killed. When she did find him though, he was not the guy she thought he was. Drake Frasier had no idea how to react when a beautiful women literally fell into his arms. The first thing he thinks is that she is there to betray him and he will stop at nothing to find out if and why she is.

I truly liked this book except for a few things that didn't flow well. There was one common goal in this book and I don't think a t
Anna (Curiosity comes before Kay)
Hope Bennett has been taking care of her brother ever since an accident when they were children left him with the mental capacity of an eight year old. That's why she'll do anything to get him out of a fight with a vicious man who's trying to jump their family's mining claim; even if it means promising her virginity to gunslinger Drake Frazier in exchange for him taking her brother's place. Of course Hope will do anything to try and get out of it, even though their chemistry is smoking hot. When ...more
Tonileg
Mar 09, 2012 Tonileg rated it it was ok
I try to put myself into these romance stories and this was difficult to do in this story because there is a serious lack of females in this story.
This is a historical romance set in the nineteenth century Gold Rush California where there was no law except the gun and the knife. This is a full length novel that had been published and recently e-published and luckily I caught it for free on kindle this week.
How much can you lose before a person's spirit is broken? Hope (aptly named heroine) has l
Inga
Nov 15, 2011 Inga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My review:

It was the first book of Rebecca Sinclair I have read and I liked it. It was a good historical romance with little western taste in it.

Regarding the plot:

Hope is desperate to save his brother Luke from being killed and she takes some extreme measures to save him. She is approaching gunslinger Drake to take her brother’s place in a fight. Drake agrees to it, but the prize is high for Hope – she has to spend a night with Drake.

When Hope and Drake first meet, then there is an undeniable a
Romancing the Book
Oct 30, 2011 Romancing the Book rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, romance
Review by Molly: My first Rebecca Sinclair novel but definitely NOT my last. Wowee, was this ever a good read! Ms. Sinclair takes her readers on a ride of laughs, heartache, betrayal, and intense passion. Her characters are finely chiseled and compliment her captivating story line.

My favorite character was Drake. Sure, he's the hero of the story and a hunky, sexy “gunslinger”, but his character was also quirky, sensitive, full of pain, and downright lovable! He's a character whose life is compl
Amanda
Mar 31, 2013 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read a western in so long and I was excited when I picked this one up. I have to admit, the cover got me. The plot was interesting and had some unexpected twists, but the pace did slow towards the middle. The story did keep with the time period.
Hope is a strong wild woman who is bent on saving her brother. She heads into a saloon looking for the one gunslinger who can help her.
Drake is taken aback by the woman who stumbles into his room. After Hope explains what she wants him to do, fi
Read2review
I thoroughly enjoyed California Caress by Rebecca Sinclair. The story picks up in a mining town in California with Hope Bennett seeking the services of a gunslinger by the name of Frazier Drake. He wants more than money for payment which creates an interesting dilemma for Hope right up front. A romance ensues with a hefty dose of adventure taking the couple through several unexpected twists and turns.

Sinclair deftly handled Hope’s opening deal with Frazier and I ended upliking both Frazier and H
Eli
May 09, 2013 Eli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately, this book had a lot of distracting typos. It also used the same descriptive words over and over. I'm really tired of reading about his sinewy muscles. The plot "twists" could be seen mile away.

This really felt like several different stories. There's the section where they meet. Then there's the section where he nurses her back to health. And a completely different story takes over for the last part where we meet his brother.

And like so many novels, everything could have been solve
Helene
Nov 28, 2012 Helene rated it liked it
I enjoyed this story set during the gold rush. It was a very different time and I am glad women have evolved since then. I would have hated being cooped up at home, being ordered about by men. Though the heroine, Hope, had a mind of her own but she never went very far with it. I wish she would have been a bit less whining. Overall a good romantic western.
Stephany
Nov 29, 2012 Stephany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Free on Kindle and I have to admit I pretty much loved it! The writing was pretty good and the story flowed well. The main characters were electric and seemed believable. Not much else to say! Just a fun little romance.
Dar
Feb 09, 2014 Dar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That ended really sweet!

Even though there was lots of back and forth, it was ever evolving and not the same thing each time. Two strong willed characters, neither a push over, and both completely oblivious to their feelings for the other
Highland-dreamer
Nov 30, 2012 Highland-dreamer rated it it was ok
Donie Deaton
This was a free download. Been a long time since I read a Western. Although characters in the book interact with each other, they never really emotionally connect, The book is an ok read but there is little to no originality to the story, and that was disappointing.
Angela Wade
Just felt forced to me...the plot, the length of the scenes, the attraction. Couldn't read past about half.
Amanda
Mar 28, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good romance novel
Julie Burns
Free from amazon
Becky
Mar 13, 2012 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good western, cowboy romance with two very stubborn characters. You never knew from page to page what was up next. I really enjoyed it. Will read more of her work
Lila
Apr 28, 2013 Lila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
This was not a Christian book, but was able to insert God's love and analyze emotions as we interact with life. It did need a proofread, as there were words left in that were meant to be deleted.
Josie
Nov 30, 2012 Josie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Love It!!!
Zoe
Jun 24, 2013 Zoe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really descriptive and vivid setting to a lovely, easy read story. The wonderful and interesting characters that were varied and full of depth shone. I really enjoyed it.
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
Kindle Freebie 3.12.12
Lindsay
Nov 20, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read
Amazon Freebie 11/20/2012
Danni
Nov 25, 2012 Danni rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Free ibook. Old west type book. Not really my thing but it was okay. Although I'm really annoyed at reading "sinewy" in this book!
Morag
Nov 26, 2012 Morag rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
Light Reading
Audra
Mar 07, 2012 Audra rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandonded-dnf
I didn't particularly like this but I'll give it another shot later.
  • To Love a Scoundrel (Law and Disorder, #4)
  • Game of Hearts  (Happily Ever After Company, #1)
  • The Texan's Bride
  • The Outlaw Takes a Wife (The Burnett Brides, #2)
  • The Devil's Own Desperado
  • Chasing Rainbows
  • Touched By Fire
  • Under the Desert Moon
  • Fireblossom (The Western Novels/Matthews Novel #1)
  • Lakota Surrender
  • A Promise of Thunder (Horizon Set, #2)
  • Colorado Bride
  • Heart of Mine (Bandit Creek, #16)
  • Texas Lily (Too Hard to Handle, #1)
  • Dance With A Gunfighter
  • Midnight Lover
  • Delilah's Flame
  • The Rancher (Redbourne, #1)
Reb published her first book in 1989. She is the bestselling author of CALIFORNIA CARESS, PERFECT STRANGERS, MONTANA WILDFIRE ... & a bunch of other historical romance novels.

She lives on the southeast coast of New England in a big house built in 1865—haunted, of course (this is New England, aren't they're ALL haunted?—and only a five minute walk from the ocean, with a husband she loves almost
More about Rebecca Sinclair...