Start by marking “Drawing to God: Art as Prayer, Prayer as Art” as Want to Read:
Drawing to God: Art as Prayer, Prayer as Art

Drawing to God: Art as Prayer, Prayer as Art

Art has always been a major part of Jeri Gerding's life, whether teaching it in the classroom, practicing it as a lifelong hobby or using it as a psychotherapist to encourage her patients to translate their emotions into images. Because of that, Gerding always wanted to incorporate art with another passion of hers, prayer.

In Drawing to God, Gerding shows those with or wit

Paperback
Published February 1st 2001 by Sorin Books

To ask other readers questions about Drawing to God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drawing to God

Rachel
Dec 01, 2015 Rachel rated it it was ok
About halfway through this, I realized the exercises weren't doing it for me. I was going through the motions, not enjoying it or caring. The concept is really good and promising, but some of the instructions are unnecessarily specific, as if we are supposed to be focused on the finished product. The best part is the way she tries to connect the art with God, bringing in questions and ideas to push you to reflect. Probably lots of people like it, but it didn't resonate with me.
Mar 12, 2013 Laura rated it liked it
Read through this at the library as part of my research. Good resource lists for the beginning artist, and great insight into the process of creating spiritual art. For a more veteran artist, the introductory portion is still worth a read.
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2014
Peter Tilton
Peter Tilton rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2014
Deitra
Deitra rated it really liked it
May 18, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2014
Rosemarie
Rosemarie marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2012
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Caroline Wood
Caroline Wood marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Kevin Thornhill
Kevin Thornhill marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Sarah Randall
Sarah Randall is currently reading it
Jun 23, 2016