Start by marking “Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)” as Want to Read:
Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)

Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires #8)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  7,262 ratings  ·  550 reviews
Merit has been a vampire for only a short while, but she's already seen a lifetime's worth of trouble. She and her Master, centuries-old Ethan Sullivan, have risked their lives time and again to save the city they love. But not all of Chicago is loving them back.

Anti-vampire riots are erupting all over town, striking vampires where it hurts the most. A splinter group armed
Published August 6th 2013 by NAL Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Biting Bad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biting Bad

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Just as Merit is trying to have a normal dinner at her favorite pizza place with Mallory, all hell breaks loose. Humans are rioting against vampires and have thrown Molotov cocktails at a business that makes Blood4You. Unfortunately, they don't stop there.

I know I've said it before...and I'll just have to keep saying it ~ I just love Ethan and Merit. They never get old, boring or dull for me. Heck, the whole book could be just about them eating and sleeping and I would LOVE it. Well, okay...may
Ferdy
Spoilers

Boring. The plot was the run off the mill 'silly human hate group targets vampires for cliched and cheesy reasons, riots and lame investigation follows.'
It was all so dull and unimaginative. Ugh.

Random thoughts:

-Merit was such a Mary Sue. She had very little personality and everything she said or did was predictable. Also, any time she was melodramatic or overly emotional it made me either cringe or roll me eyes. Basically, Merit was so bland that whenever she had any over the top emoti
Alyson
I feel like she's going to get pregnant. It's just a thought. But....it seems like that's where this is going since the last book. And I find that to be really awesome.

Update: So it didn't happen but there's always the future...

And I was slightly disappointed in this book. I loved all the fluffy Methan time but I feel like Merit is usually much tougher then this. I don't know, maybe I wanted her to not be constantly choked out or easily hurt. But alas, I must wait for the next one.

new update 201
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

Biting Bad was reminiscent of the earlier Chicagoland Vampires novels and I for one couldn’t be happier! The first three installments are what hooked me on this series and this latest one has ensured that I’ll continue reading these books for a long time to come, especially with all of the promising new novellas that are already in the pipeline. This novel is Ethan/Merit drama free which was a huge relief because readers can now actually focus on Chloe Neill’s phenomenal
Karla

5 Stars! Now that's the way to move a series forward! Chloe Neill kicked it up a notch and there is new life among the living dead!! I blew through this book!!

The one thing I absolutely loved about this book...Ethan and Merit are SOLID!! For the first time since this series started, these two trust and love each other without question! No wavering whatsoever!! I was happy to see them close this chapter in their relationship, no more discord, and move forward together, and I hope the author kee
T00zday
No more. This was my last Chicago Vampire series book. They just keep getting worse.
This hasn't reached LKH level of fandom-violation, but this book & one of the first three of this series have very little in common.

It was so lackluster in holding my attention that I decided to take a break to go pick up dog poop from the back yard right as Ethan & Merit arrive at her parents house for dinner. How bad is that?

Ms Neill is turning this series into mostly relationship drama & Merit i
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
After a few rather disappointing installments, I’m happy to report that the Chicagoland series seems to have taken an upward turn. A significant improvement was noticeable in House Rules, but with Biting Bad, we’re right back on track. This eighth installment is just as good as the first two and it decidedly proves that the series has a lot more to give.

In terms of plot, Biting Bad offers more of the same, but it’s a recipe that undoubtedly works. Merit and Ethan face enemies both human and vamp
valee
It's not that I don't like the series.
I used to be such a big fan of it, but lately I was barely able to finish the last books.

And this one just did it for me. I'm quitting the series, it pains me so badly, but I won't read any more books in it ever again.

I guess I just kept hoping it would become once again what it used to, but it never did.

I don't even think I'll write a review. It would not be fair as I didn't actually finish the book. Sorry Chloe Neill, I really did try.
Tabatha
EDIT*

That cover is beautiful. Just beautiful.
In fact, when I saw it I was like:

_____________________________________________________________
06/09/2012

August 2013 !

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYY (:

Over & Out, T xx
Barb
I finished last night with happy tears in my eyes, one of my favorite things about books. Unsurprisingly, I loved this book. Great plot that kept me guessing until the end, discarding theories along the way. Development of storylines that have been hanging out there, including meeting characters we've only heard about. Set up for lots more Chicagoland shenanigans. And completely swoon-worthy Methan-times. It was everything that I want in a CLV book.
Heather
This is the eighth installment in one of my all time favorite series. The Chicagoland Vampire series by Chloe Neill is Urban Fantasy at its best. The main characters are vampires Merit and Ethan, who have found themselves as defacto leaders in the supernatural community. They also happen to have a very tricky and unusual relationship. For now, they are both alive and they are in love. Aside from that, well, they are complicated.

This book starts out as most do, with a bang. Merit is simply trying
Yodamom
3.6 stars. Ethan, aka Darth Sullivan, was a very different master vampire in this edition. He was romantic, sarcastic, caring and even compromising. He took Merit's breath, and mine away a few times, once involved getting down on one knee. He had a few fantastic lines one of my favorite was " I'm rarely good Merit. But I'm often spectacular". Oh yes, I agree with that. If he keeps this up his Darth retain could just wither away. He polished his big bad badge when he had an off with his head mome ...more
Kt
Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession..

Even though Merit's tenure as one of the undead has been for a relatively small amount of time, she's been through an incredible amount in that short time. Despite their best efforts to live in harmony with the living citizens of their beloved Chicago, not everyone is happy to have them in their city. So, it's not much of a surprise when vampire hating riots start popping up and destroying vamp friendly areas one location at a time. So, Meri
Jaime Arkin
4.5 stars !!

Biting Bad is book 8 in the Chicagoland Vampires Series. I absolutely love this series and am so excited that we’ve got another book on the horizon. I can’t seem to get enough of Ethan and Merit.

In this installment, Merit and Ethan are working to get Cadogan House in order. They’ve just flounced the GP and Merit is still working with the Red Guard and now it seems Chicago isn’t feeling so generous and welcoming to Vampires.

A series of dangerous riots targeting places that are asso
Stacey
Originally posted at Reading Rainblog

Let me start by saying that I have been a fan of the Chicagoland Vamps since Some Girls Bite – and this may be my most favorite (I am totally fan-girling) book of the bunch so far. And, no, I don’t just say that when each book comes out – before this, my favorite was Hard Bitten (even though I hated the end – why Chloe, why?!?).

I absolutely, completely adored Merit & Ethan in this book. Ethan especially. Merit was her usual kick-ass, snarky self, but Etha
Elise
Chloe Neill never disappoints!
This books was awesome, and i loved every part of it!:D

Merit and Ethan is so perfect for each other!! i adore and love them so freaking much! They are so cute, and the love for each other.. it's just...

Ethan, with his sexy mouth, body and eyes.. i think i fell even more in love with him after this book! He's just soo.. dreamy!

I cannot wait for the next book! I hate that we have to wait so freaking looong! :|

Rate: 4.5 stars
Soha
Okay so I just finished this book and... wow. Yet another action packed, amazing book that has you on the edge of your seat. The characters were great, the plot was great it was just plain amazing. It ends in a bit of a cliffhanger. Nothing major, but I seriously need Wild Things like right this instance. Anyone else curious about this mysterious 'child' with Ethan's eyes? I'm really intrigued and can't wait to find out.

________________________________________________________________________
I ju
Naoms
Entertaining, but not as great as the last book.

Things that work:
Ethan Sullivan
Learning more about Grey house and Scott.
Merit & Ethan

Things that don't work:
Merit as a vampire
The investigation
The time frame. I really can't believe that it's been a year since book 1.

What I could use more of:
the pack
Gabriel and the prophecy which seems to be forgotten.

Review to come.
oOSarahOo
This is most definitely my least favourite instalment in this series. As much as it pains me to admit it, Biting Bad was actually quite a disappointment for me. I was about to give the book a 3-star rating but just couldn’t do it. I love Merit and this series so much I settled for a 3.5 which turned into a 4… A bit silly I know but Chicagoland Vampires is one of my many weaknesses.

I realized something was missing here after reading the first few chapters. I found the book, well, a bit boring act
Melissa
I have to start out this review by explaining exactly what a three star rating means. It means I liked this book. I LIKED it. I do not give this rating as a negative rating. I don't really have that many negative things to say about this story. I did like it. I just didn't love it. And for a Chicagoland Vampire story I normally feel quite a bit more love for the story. Still, I have no regrets for buying and reading this story. It is an entertaining one.

The things I liked in this book:

Merit. Me
Julie
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

Biting Bad is the eighth installment in Chloe Neill’s Chicagoland Vampires series. I have a love hate relationship with this series. The storylines are not my most favorite lately but the characters…the characters are stellar and they keep sucking me back into these books even when I probably would have given up on another series by now.

One of the issues many have had lately, including me, is that these so well loved characters have been going through so
Steph
The beginning of Biting Bad was a bit ho-hum for me. Merit and Mallory meet over pizza at Saul's when they learn Bryant Industries, local distributor of Blood4You, has been hit by protester group "Clean Chicago". From there things progress as you'd expect. Valentine's Day is approaching and the recent chaos in the city is going to cause Merit and Ethan to scrub their date. Yada yada yada.

Up until about the 60% mark, I was able to walk away from the book with no problem. The second half of the bo
Elizabeth

&

Merit

or

description

What do you think?? Tell me so we can end this traumatic discussion!! LOL!v
Cindyg
I've been saving this story but couldn't wait any longer for Ethan and Merit.... I savored every word on every page.
Ethan the hunk was awesome as usual and Merit was her usual fierce self.
Loads of shit hitting my favorite vampire couple and it was great to see them working and playing together.
Thanks Chloe.... Another hit it out of the ball park story.
Highly... Highly recommend!!!!
Rita
This was good. We got more of what it is to be Merit and Ethan. The storyline was great. Like how the gang came together. Need more Gabriel. Is Dad really worried about her or is it a ploy? The GP, wow talk about bullying. McKetrick, has he been put down for good? So many unanswered questions. I can't wait for the next book.
YA Reads Book Reviews
Originally posted on www.yareads.com, reviewed by Nichole.

I have been such a huge fan of the Chicagoland Vampires series for years now. It’s one of the most amazing adult paranormal series out there and everyone should read it! I had some problems with the last 3 books in the series. The fifth one was a little boring during the beginning and was amazing during the last half. The 6th and 7th books, though, I just couldn’t get in to. I was starting to worry that maybe I was just done with this ser
PepperP0t (ireadthatbook.com)
4.5stars really

Carrying the threads forward from the last installment, Cadogan House's problems continue to multiply, anti-vampire sentiment is definitely on the upswing; Mallory is still battling her magic balance issues and Ethan & Merit here playing it "cute". Whew this is a pretty full installment. I liked the story for the most part but Ethan & Merit's romantic thread was a little cute for my taste. The riots and focus on one of the other Houses was great for this outing as matters
Andreea Pop
Chicagoland Vampires is one of my favorite paranormal romance/urban fantasy series ever! Unlike Chloe Neill's YA series, which was a big disappointment, this one is fabulous and badass! <3 Biting Bad is installment No. 8 of this series and it actually reminds me a lot of the first books. It has that same vibe and a great unpredictable plot.

The plot was a major surprise, because I honestly couldn't fi
Jessie Potts
This is the eighth installment of one of my favorite series that features one of my favoritest heroines, Merit. She's hot, she's a butt-kicker and a leader and she carries a freakin' sword! Chloe easily fills readers in (for those of us who don't exactly remember book seven) while making it feel as though we're still reading a fresh story. Along with action and the typical relationship with our leading couple is an interesting twist: Ethan and Merit are not at odds! The story focuses not only on ...more
Jenny
The eighth installment of the Chicagoland Vampires series, Biting Bad returns us to a world that has become beautifully familiar, the cracking of the spine allowing us to wander into the waiting arms of Merit and company who simply radiate comfort and warmth after such a prolonged relationship with them. While Biting Bad doesn’t introduce any new villains to wreak havoc on Merit’s already infinitely complicated life, it does see the expansion of an already existing problem while giving us plenty ...more
Merit Gets Pregnant??? What??? Your thoughts on this "book rumor". 5 147 Oct 30, 2014 07:01AM
Girls, Guns and G...: Chicagoland Vampires series 35 44 May 23, 2014 04:03AM
The Series 2 30 Sep 11, 2013 07:49PM
Chicagoland Vampires: Biting Bad (Book #8) 16 131 Aug 15, 2013 04:13PM
i cant wait for this book its killing me ugh... the possibilities... 1 34 Mar 17, 2013 03:14PM
  • Grave Secret (Secret McQueen, #5)
  • Kicking It (Alex Craft, #2.5; Chicagoland Vampires, #8.25)
  • A Kiss of Blood (Vamp City, #2)
  • The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3)
  • Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #9)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Binding the Shadows (Arcadia Bell, #3)
  • Cold Blooded (Jessica McClain, #3)
  • Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
  • Tempt the Stars (Cassandra Palmer, #6)
  • Rogue Descendant (Nikki Glass, #3)
  • Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4)
  • Of Shadow Born (Shadow World, #4)
  • The Eldritch Conspiracy (Blood Singer, #5)
Chloe Neill was born and raised in the South, but now makes her home in the Midwest—just close enough to Cadogan House and St. Sophia's to keep an eye on things. When not transcribing Merit’s and Lily’s adventures, she bakes, works, and scours the Internet for good recipes and great graphic design. Chloe also maintains her sanity by spending time with her boys—her husband (also her favorite landsc ...more
More about Chloe Neill...
Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3) Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4) Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)

“Once upon a time, I tried to have dinner with my best friend, and the apocalypse happened.” 26 likes
“I swear to God, it never ends!” Ethan roared.
“Not when you’re immortal,” Malik agreed. “That’s actually the point.”
25 likes