Start by marking “Deceptive Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #3)” as Want to Read:
Deceptive Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #3)

Deceptive Attraction (Genetic Attraction #3)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  129 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Caleb Martin faces a life crisis -- and he’s pretty embarrassed about it. A talented soccer star, he has the chance to sign a lucrative five year contract and be rich and famous. Two problems -- Cal is gay and signing the contract means he has to stay in the closet, maybe for life. Plus, he’ll have to spend his years diving for soccer balls when he’d like to be helping peo ...more
Published November 1st 2011 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Deceptive Attraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deceptive Attraction

Eating Smoke by Chris ThrallVampyre Kisses by Elizabeth J. KolodziejThe Orphan Factory by James MorcanWerewolf Descent by Elizabeth J. KolodziejThe Thirty-Ninth Victim by Arleen Williams
Writers and Readers List
13th out of 302 books — 282 voters
Double Time by Olivia CunningRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesHers to Command by Patricia A. KnightRule of Three by Kelly JamiesonBy Surprise by Alyssa Turner
Hot MMF
140th out of 234 books — 250 voters

More lists with this book...

Sassafrass
loved, loved LOVED this one. Who knew Caleb had all those layers. When I met him in The Scientist and the Supermodel, I kinda just saw him as a scared kid. What a difference a few years make! I thought that the matching of Caleb, Eli, and Angel just worked. They accentuated each others strong points and helped each others weaknesses. How perfect is that?

Although I pretty much figured out how the story was going to go, I loved reading how it was revealed. I also loved the way Caleb and Angel foug
Alex is The Romance Fox
I love this series. Tara Lain has written such endearing and believable characters that just grab your heart.

Deceptive Attraction is the 3rd book in her Genetic Attraction series and what a delightful and charming read.

Caleb is Jake’s brother, photo 484f26939929853ee37882ec3e69beec_zpsf44596c0.jpg who we first met in Genetic Attraction https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... (which is one of my favorite m/m/f books ever!!!) is gay and in the closet. He has a one night stand with Elijah. Angel, Em’s cousin is a tomboy midwife who arrives from Africa
Valentina Heart
This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

Even though I don't read many ménages with one of the trio being a woman, I can say with certain confidence that this book was different from the others. Maybe because I am a fan of m/m romance and do read almost strictly that, the combination or rather the characteristics of the main characters really appealed to me.

Cal is a football player or a soccer player if you will, but I live in Europe and soccer doe
Summer
I liked the spin on gay-for-you now being straight-for-you that this book had. I am one that likes plays on sterotypes so the whole (Guy is the one that looks like a girl and the Girl actualy looked like a boy) thing worked well for me. I thought Cal and Angel's first meeting was rather funny and their trip to the gay bar was great. I loved getting to see Jake, Em, and Roan start their family in this one too.
Kel
I have read just about all of Tara Lain's books and have enjoyed every one of them. Deceptive Attraction is no different. I have been excited for this to come out because I read the first book Genetic Attraction and loved it. I instantly fell in love with the characters from Genetic Attraction so I was looking forward to reading all about Caleb who was introduced in the first book.

Caleb (Cal) is a professional soccer player and loves the sport but doesn't know if he loves it enough to sign a con
Buffy Kennedy
First I have to say that I LOVE this series. I have loved Jake and Roan, then fell for Em too. That being said, this is my favorite in the series (so far)! For one, we still get a bit of Jake, Roan, and Em as Caleb goes to housesit for them, and I don't want to say too much and risk giving some awesome surprises away, but damn was their part in the story awesome.

Now to tell you more about why I loved it...where to start?! Ok, so I loved Caleb from Jake and Roan's book, and was really excited to
~Lei ~  Reading Is An Adventure ~
This is the story of Caleb, Jake's brother, mentioned in Genetic Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #2) by Tara Lain, soccer star who's not out and is struggling with the deception; Angel, Emmaline's cousin; and Eli, a mysterious guy with commitment issues.

Caleb is being strong-armed into signing a new five-year contract which means that he has to continue to keep his sexuality secret plus he wants to do something meaningful with his life. He and Eli have a hot one-night stand and don't even exchange last names. Enter boyish Angel who twists up Caleb's
Aj Kelton
From the beginning of the book Tara Lain grabbed me and pulled me into the book of Caleb Martin, the Runt from the Genetic Attraction book. Absolutely fell in love with him and Eli get together it's steamy and I wanted more!

As always things happen and the lovers go through trials of life to have to decide what they want to do and if they love each other enough to be with their lover.

My heart went out to Cal, Angel and Eli. I wanted to slap them all at one time or another, pull them in my arms a
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
Somehow I missed this third book in the series. Instead of Em, Roan and Jake, it's focused on Jake's brother Caleb who is a hot soccer athlete. The problem? He's gay. This is not a good thing for most athletes. For soccer guys, I think it's worse because they do travel world wide (or they can) and many of those countries hate gays. This is always so frustrating to me when someone's sexual orientation or their personal preferences impact their job. It's no one's fucking business and I just don't ...more
Jean
What a thoroughly amazing story, really loved reading it. Enjoyed how the characters were all able to grow and come together to find a place in each other's lives. Enjoyed the fact that Cal and Eli were able to stand up for what they believed in and not let anyone force them apart. And Angel is the glue that holds them together. Nice to think that the three of them are off helping others in the world. A really great story!
JoAnna
This is a wonderful story about Caleb Martin the younger brother of Jake Martin from the first book Genetic Attraction. The book was amazing. The connection between Cal, Angel and Eli was intense. These three have to work through several issues and stumbling blocks before they can find the happiness they all want.
I love Tara's books and hope there will be more stories in this series.
Judie
This book is Wicked Awesome! I loved all three characters! I recommend this book as a must read!
Love hurtswick
Sorry I'm behind, I was reading this book and it was amazing. A must read.
Cathy M
Nov 09, 2011 Cathy M marked it as to-read
Recommended to Cathy by: caity_mack@yahoo.com
Love Tara's storytelling, and have her latest man fest on my wish list.
Heather in FL
More 3.5. I think there's always a danger in reading a series back-to-back. But I don't think this series suffers from basically the same thing happening. My issue is the insta-love. I don't get the "I can't live without you" or "I love you so much" after an extremely short period of time, which is what seems to happen in this series.

In this one, instead of everyone trying to run from who they were, there seemed to be real reasons that might keep everyone apart. Caleb is a professional soccer pl
Secretly Reading
Originally Reviewed for The Book Vixen

Wowsa is this an erotic MMF ménage story! The leads are likable and the family setting makes me want to read the previous books in the series. The plot was charming enough to make up for its predictability.

Wow can this author write erotica! I’m not a shy reader but I flushed a few times at the descriptive sex scenes between the tomboy and her two gay men. Interestingly, I’ve never read a straight-for-you story but that’s exactly what this book is. Cal espec
Ilona
Having read many Tara Lain books in the past I was delighted to have won this one even though I had not read the previous books in the series. That said I had no problems getting straight into the story. I loved Caleb and the way he was so confused over the two love interests in his life. Tara Lain has a way of making a menage seem normal and interesting enough that I feel deprived at only having one man in my life :D Angel and Eli came close seconds to Caleb as my favourite characters in the bo ...more
Elianara

A menage with a woman found its way into my mostly mm romance pile. This one was actually a good one.

I liked the fact that the romance actually was balanced across all three main characters, and didn't fall on just the woman being the submissive part. No, the author actually managed to create a believable relationship.

Throw together a soccer goalie who wants to do something more than be a jock, a tomboy midwife and a feminine model-beautiful carpenter and you get an interesting mess.

I liked t
Suzan
Jan 11, 2014 Suzan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romance readers
Really enjoyed Caleb's book and so glad he found the happiness his big brother did! I love that we got to meet Shakti 'in person' in this book! Also Jake and Caleb's older brother Sean! All the family gathered at the end of the book and I loved the interactions between them all! Loved Angel and Eli too! Now we just need their sister to find her HEA and the family will be set!
Traci
3.5 stars for this one. Story about Cal, Eli and Angel. M/M/F. Interesting twists and instead of GFY there is SFY (straight for you). Best thing about this book was Roan's crew and the delivery..
R.B.
3.5 * - although I was looking forward to Cal's story, the first two books in this series about Jake, Roan and Em were more interesting and drew me into action.
Julianna
Again love this series of books. The evil character was an a** and eli's character was not my favorite but it all ended up good in the end.
Sonja
"Straight-for-you" as a twist on gay-for-you results in a hot little threesome with a desire to change the world.
Blue Sky
Ends at 98% on my Kindle.
Part of a series - Stand Alone - HEA - No Cliffhanger
Sadonna
3.5 stars. Will write review tomorrow.
Kyra Gates
This book almost brought me to tears!
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Becoming Three (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #6)
  • Hale (Circe's Recruits, #4)
  • Sodom and Detroit (Virtual Seduction, #1)
  • Take the Shot
  • Lovely Wicked
  • Siren in the City (Texas Sirens, #2)
  • Worlds Apart
  • Who's Your Daddy?
  • Fallen Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #2)
  • Monica's Secret (Erogenous Zones, #1)
  • Double Coverage
  • The Queen's Consorts
  • After the Crux (Crux Survivors, #1)
  • Imprinted
  • Missing Linc
  • Double Dare
  • Colors of Love (Speed, #2)
Tara Lain never met a beautiful boy she didn’t love – at least on paper. A writer of erotic romance, mostly ménage and male/male, Tara loves all her characters, but especially her handsome heroes. A lifelong writer of serious non-fiction, Tara had the first novel she ever wrote accepted for publication in 2011. She’s now on book 23 and counting. After an exotic life of travel all over the world an ...more
More about Tara Lain...

Genetic Attraction (4 books)
  • The Scientist and the Supermodel (Genetic Attraction, #1)
  • Genetic Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #2)
  • Genetic Celebrity (Genetic Attraction #4)
Fire Balls  (Balls to the Wall, #2) Love You So Hard Volley Balls  (Balls to the Wall, #1) The Pack or the Panther (Tales of the Harker Pack, #1) Spell Cat (The Aloysius Tales, #1)