Start by marking “Train Wreck: The Life and Death of Anna Nicole Smith” as Want to Read:
Train Wreck: The Life and Death of Anna Nicole Smith

Train Wreck: The Life and Death of Anna Nicole Smith

2.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  125 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
TRAIN WRECK: The Life and Death of Anna Nicole Smith, is the definitive story of the rise and tragic fall of a woman who became one of the most recognized celebrities in the world because of her voluptuous beauty and her devotion to sex, drugs, money and fame.

Donna Hogan, Anna?s sister and confidante to Anna and other family members, provides an intimate and mesmerizing v
Published April 1st 2007 by Phoenix Books

To ask other readers questions about Train Wreck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Train Wreck

Myra
May 28, 2008 Myra rated it did not like it
Such a poorly written piece of material. Whether or not the book is factually correct is neither here nor there, in my opinion. Rather, I take issue with the extremely poor editing of this book. There are multitudes of grammatical and stylistic errors, repeats of whole paragraphs, and some very common names were mixed together to produce wrong names.

If you are in any way a fan of the late Anna Nicole Smith, don't read this book. Frankly, you wouldn't like because it doesn't really offer much in
Denise
Apr 10, 2010 Denise rated it did not like it
Shelves: the-ugh-list
Bad. Bad. Bad. Only gave it a 1, because zero wasn't an option.
Brandi
Dec 27, 2014 Brandi rated it did not like it
I got this at a rummage sale for a quarter, which is $0.25 too much. I tried, I really did, but this book is just. so. awful.... It's poorly written and oh so cheesy. Kind of like trying to read a pizza, which would probably be more entertaining and interesting. Mmmm, pizza....

Note - This book could have been improved had the editor corrected the repeating text and errors that occurred within the pages of the book. The author did do a fair job of compiling information, but it did not come togeth
Julie
Mar 27, 2008 Julie rated it did not like it
This is the most awful thing I've read in quite awhile...it's written my her estranged half sister who apparently feels she has some amazing story to tell which she doesn't and even if she did her writing is so horrific I doubt anyone would be able to muscle through this rag
Guinevere
Apr 18, 2014 Guinevere rated it it was ok
I listened to this book on audio - this is not a book that I would have sat down and read, so I am more tolerant as I was getting stuff done while I listened to it. :) I have never really followed anything about Anna Nicole Smith other than what I saw in the grocery line at the time, so I really don't know one way or the other how factual or opinionated this book is. I think it's pretty difficult to write something like this and not come across as very defensive at times, and that certainly happ ...more
linda sue
Apr 25, 2007 linda sue rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one really
this book was a total sensationalism piece as i originally thought it would be. nothing really new except for the sister of anna nicole's boring life. lame.
Kitt-e-kat
Jul 18, 2010 Kitt-e-kat rated it liked it
I know this is a fast cash book. You heard all the stuff Anna did on Entertainment tonight and tabloids so you kinda knew already Anna's stories. This was written by her half sister who really wasn't that close to her growing up (as maybe some of the other people in her family that was interviewed for the book and worked for Anna). So Anna's half sister sazs she wrote this book to hear her side of the story but who is she?? It's not like she's famous to have to explain herself to anybody. I real ...more
Kerry
Feb 03, 2012 Kerry rated it did not like it
Shelves: my-books
Let's start this review out w a little background story shall we? I think we can all mostly agree this isnt my typical type o book... But one day my mother handed it to me with the statement "I couldn't resist the title just reminded me of you". Now, now, my mother and I don't go out trolling for men at the local VFW or dance on tabletops or anything (well together at least...but I've heard stories after tequila shots were ingested)... but I think it explains more than a smidge of where i get my ...more
Heather Phinney
Jul 11, 2015 Heather Phinney rated it it was ok
If you want to read a book written by a jealous half sister who literally spends 90% of the book trash talking Anna and how fat/stupid/money & fame hungry she was, this is the book for you. If you want to actually know anything substantial about Anna and her rise to fame and subsequent demise, skip it!
Danielle
May 14, 2011 Danielle rated it did not like it
Shelves: biography-memoir
I would not recommend this book. The author jumped around alot, switching between stories, and at times it seemed she wanted to talk about her life more than Anna Nicole's. Even the pictures were mostly of her, I thought that this was a book about her sister? She said some pretty inflamatory things about alot of people, which made me question her credibility. She hadn't talked to her sister in over ten years so she had nothing insightful to say about her later years. Even the editing was bad, wo ...more
Cassie ♥
Feb 12, 2015 Cassie ♥ rated it did not like it
This book is a train wreck, honestly. Bad grammar, sentences started with noun/verb--almost all the way through...oh and most of the facts are taken straight from court documents.
Whitney
Sep 03, 2014 Whitney rated it liked it
What a terrible tragedy of a life, i feel bad for her son. And how sad she was to manipulate money and fame from everyone. But her sister is no better for writing about it.
Luigi
Jan 10, 2015 Luigi rated it did not like it
Shelves: autobiography
I was going to class this as non fiction but it's hard to tell what's real and what isn't. The book itself imho is a bit of a trainwreck of a tragic disfunctional family. Not a great read at all.
Dawn
Nov 17, 2012 Dawn rated it did not like it
This book is written by Donna Hogan, Anna Nicole's half sister. At times I felt as if she wanted to be the spotlight in the book. Too much of her own personal life and photos of her and her friends are unnecessarily included. Her many grammatical errors hurts her effectiveness as a writer along with the passive aggressive manner in which she writes about her beloved half-sister, Anna Nicole, someone she really didn't know very well obviously. It's hard to keep up with her style of writing as she ...more
Crystal
Oct 23, 2013 Crystal rated it did not like it
I gave the book a chance, even after reading the harsh reviews and can honestly say that this book could have been written better by the uneducated Anna Nicole herself. The title itself is completely accurate, only it speaks of the book itself not the intended subject, Anna Nicole smith. There is no order to the madness and at one point even repeats an entire paragraph word for word. I think the editor went on vacation during the production of this waste of paper. Do yourself a favor and don't w ...more
Shalise Benjamin
Oct 13, 2008 Shalise Benjamin rated it liked it
I liked Anna Nicole and felt she had a bad wrap but was also given one in her lifetime, she actually did pretty good for herself. This was an ok book, it was not surprising at all about how and who she was. I still like her and wished she did not die. I think she was just so heart broken and had no way out. Good Luck to her daughter and hopefully she will have a better life with her dad and away from Anna's family.
Debra
Oct 27, 2013 Debra rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Anna Nicole Smith was, of course, a train wreck but then so is this book. Ghost written for ANS's sister, there is very little of substance and much petty sibling rivalry from another another train wreck. Very glad that I downloaded the audiobook from my library and I didn't pay for it Why they did is another story. Now off to take a shower to wash the sleaze off ....
Melanie
Jun 23, 2011 Melanie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too early to tell. I'm not expecting great things, but curiosity has gotten the better of me on this one.

So, an update - unreadable - marking it finished just to be done with the darned thing. Really, really bad. And, not in the Nat'l Enquirer, guilty pleasure way, just plain bad.
Olivia Schubkegel
Jun 30, 2012 Olivia Schubkegel rated it liked it
A quick depiction of the short life of Anna Nicole Smith. I read this book in a few hours. It was not a bad book, but you could tell there was not to much research done to back up the facts. I felt like i was reading tabloids in chapter form.
Jillian
Don't judge me. I saw this audiobook and I'd read too many heavy books in a row. I stopped listening after I realized that it's written by Anna's angry sister who has nothing interesting to say.
Melissa
Jun 22, 2010 Melissa rated it did not like it
Don't judge me. I got this book as a gag prize during a Bingo night. If I get a book, I'm going to read it. I'm on page 12, and this is already pretty terrible.
Stephanie
Aug 23, 2013 Stephanie rated it liked it
Thought it was ok. The book was free. I didn't really know much about her before I read this. Do keep in mind that this is her sisters point of view on things.
Yvonne
May 29, 2013 Yvonne rated it did not like it
This is a poorly written book. So much so, I have struggled to finish it. Grammatical errors abound and the subject matter is all over the place.
Traci
Apr 17, 2008 Traci rated it it was ok
I think I learned more than enough about Anna Nicole- too much! I got a little tired of her nudity and using people and how she treated family too.
Daphne Wheeler
Jul 22, 2010 Daphne Wheeler rated it liked it
Kept my interest at best... an ok read. The BEST thing about the book was the hot pink cover! That's the only reason I bought it, lol
Kat
Aug 15, 2009 Kat added it
Well written, but a definite cash-in from the family.
Kelly Reading
Sep 05, 2010 Kelly Reading rated it liked it
Written by her half sister, who comes across very bitter
Kelley
Jan 25, 2012 Kelley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Wow, perfect title for this book, if it's true.
Jessica Coulter
Jan 08, 2011 Jessica Coulter rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What a sad book in so many ways.
Julie