Start by marking “Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible: Master the Finesse Swing and Lower Your Score” as Want to Read:
Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible: Master the Finesse Swing and Lower Your Score

Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible: Master the Finesse Swing and Lower Your Score

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  245 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible is the first book in a four-book series, The Dave Pelz Scoring Game Series.The next volume in the series will be Dave Pelz's Putting Bible.

"He who rules the short game collects the gold."
--Dave Pelz's Golden Rule of Golf

Fed up with trying to imitate the pros, buying the latest expensive equipment, and seeing your handicap stay the same? The fir
Published May 11th 1999 by Doubleday

To ask other readers questions about Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible

Greg Brozeit
I keep coming back to Dave's short game lessons. Truly one of the best "how to" books on golf I have ever read. He's a bit technical, sometimes to the extreme (I find it interesting that his star pupil, Phil Mickelson, disregards many of the ideas Dave stresses, for example, keeping the pin in when chipping or putting off the green--something Phil never does).

I was fortunate many years ago to have the time to take a bag of balls to a vacant football field and practice his methods. My short game
Rickeclectic
Not your typical Golf lessons. Not a book for beginners either. It is really an almost scientific treatise based on statistical analysis that Pelz has done over many years. It is dense and written almost like a scientific essay. Having said that there are many many good nuggets in here. It has the best description I have seen on how to play sand shots and it has very good information on the short game, but it is not a "fun" read. Definitely worth browsing if you are serious about learning more a ...more
Dick
If you golf, you know you lose shots around the green. This really can help if you apply it. Of course, that's the hard part. Practice and application. But his approach is straightforward and uncomplicated (okay, 400 pages isn't uncomplicated).
Steven Yee
David Pelz's Short Game Bible was about how mastering your short game in golf will help you score lower scores. I liked this book a lot and I would recommend it to golf fans.
Ken
This book opened up the possibilities of golf to me. Dave Pelz's wedge system is very workable and repeatable and has help me improve my game by ten strokes. Highly recommend.
Peter Klemperer
Best book on short game golf. In depth analysis of tour players shots leads to practical strategies for improving your golf score.
Jason
Very fascinating examination of the short game of golf. If you are a numbers guy, I highly recommend it.
F.C. Etier
Apply his methods and techniques and you'll take strokes off your game -- and maybe prevent a stroke! LOL
Galen Miller
Read this years ago and have opened it again. A must read for GOLFERS.
Keith Mcintosh
A great golf book for the analytical type personality.
Greg
Feb 06, 2011 Greg rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: golf
Very helpful
Jim
Jim added it
Travis Madlem
Travis Madlem marked it as to-read
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Lee Campbell
Lee Campbell marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Mohammed Mhand
Mohammed Mhand marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Bob McNamara
Bob McNamara marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Paresh Patel
Paresh Patel marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Rob Mallard
Rob Mallard marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
  • The Inner Game of Golf
  • Golf is Not a Game of Perfect
  • Ben Hogan's Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf
  • The Grand Slam: Bobby Jones, America, and the Story of Golf
  • Harvey Penick's Little Red Book: Lessons and Teachings From a Lifetime of Golf
  • Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game
  • How I Play Golf
  • A Good Walk Spoiled: Days and Nights on the PGA Tour
  • Golf in the Kingdom
  • Golf for Dummies
  • Dead Solid Perfect
  • Hogan
  • Harrington on Hold 'em: Expert Strategy for No-Limit Tournaments. Volume II: The Endgame
  • Capitalism 4.0: Economics, Politics, and Markets After the Crisis
  • The Baseball: Stunts, Scandals, and Secrets Beneath the Stitches
  • Are You Kidding Me?: The Story of Rocco Mediate's Extraordinary Battle with Tiger Woods at the US Open
  • Golf My Way
Dave Pelz's Putting Bible: The Complete Guide to Mastering the Green Putt Like the Pros: Dave Pelz's Scientific Guide to Improving Your Stroke, Reading Greens and Dave Pelz's Damage Control: How to Save Up to 5 Shots Per Round Using All-New, Scientifically Proven Techniq ues for Playing Out of Trouble Lies Dave Pelz's Golf without Fear: How to Play the 10 Most Feared Shots in Golf with Confidence Dave Pelz's Putting Games: The More You Play, the Better You Putt