Start by marking “Ghosts Caught On Film: Photographs of the Paranormal” as Want to Read:
Ghosts Caught On Film: Photographs of the Paranormal

Ghosts Caught On Film: Photographs of the Paranormal (Caught on Film)

"Ghosts Caught on Film" presents an extraordinary collection of strange and unexplained photographs that offer the exciting possibility of ghosts and paranormal activity captured on film. It covers every aspect of the paranormal, from early photographs of psychics, mediums and ghostly happenings, to celebrated recent photos and the most interesting examples of the unexplai ...more
Published October 18th 2007 by David & Charles

To ask other readers questions about Ghosts Caught On Film, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosts Caught On Film

Vanessa
Jul 27, 2009 Vanessa rated it liked it
The collection of ghostly photos and anecdotes contained within is enjoyable to examine and ponder. Unfortunately, many of the photos are commonly published and quite fake-looking. The creepy vibe I expected just wasn't there. I think that's why I liked the lesser-known photos in The Paranormal Caught on Film more.
Kate
Oct 28, 2008 Kate rated it liked it
Recommends it for: gullible types, those desperate to believe
Shelves: paranormal
The question mark at the end of the title should have warned me - there is no attempt to evaluate the images as real or not. That said, it's clear immediately that 80% of the photos are horrible, laughable fakes, which is pretty fun in itself, so I gave it 3 stars, when it really deserved 2. Also, randomly, there are sections of the Virgin Mary images in various things - wood, tortillas, building facades, etc., and pictures of the charred remains of spontaneous human combustion victims. I though ...more
R.
Feb 18, 2008 R. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2008
Looked through this at Barnes and Noble. Some of the classics, and quite a few new exposures. We're closing in on the day of a coffee table book called Ghosts Caught on the Camera Function of Cellular Telephones: Thumbnails of the Paranormal?
Sarah Crawford
Jan 19, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it it was amazing
This is the largest book in the series. There are three other books that are basically reprints of parts of this big one.

The books are not done by a wild-eyed believer. If anything, the author goes the other way in attempting to present as many arguments against some photos as possible. He makes not claim that any particular photo is shows a real ghost without any doubt.

He also establishes a list of alternative explanations for what photos could actually be. He has a number of questions to ask
Ma
Jan 07, 2008 Ma rated it liked it
Shelves: esoteric
I am sure that nearly all of these photographs have logical explanations that wouldn't be too hard to work out, many are obvious fakes, but there are a few that make you think 'Maybe...'.

Mervyn Willis writes a small amount of text to go with each photo. This is a good starting point for those interested in the paranormal as it contains some historical information; names, places etc. Willis does offer tentative explanations but really he wants us all to believe in ghosts. There's also a helpful
Jessica
Sep 25, 2013 Jessica rated it did not like it
Ghosts Caught on Film: Photographs of the Paranormal is by Melvyn Willin, and its a 118pg non-fiction book. I honestly did not enjoy this book. Some of the pictures seemed fake and photoshopped. It didn't keep me interested in the book. However, some of it wasn't that bad. Some of the book could actually explain the paranormal things that were going on in the book. The cover of the book seemed interesting, but once I started reading it, it was boring.
Eden
I actually thought this book was more about actual photos that were paranormal. It was a mix of real and I guess fake? Paranormal photos. I know there are a few in there that are definitely real.
Reading about the different photos were interesting, even the ones that weren't real. Overall it wasn't a bad book. It was a pretty interesting read.
Barbra
Sep 11, 2011 Barbra rated it liked it
Fascinating collection of pictures of ghosts caught on film - some definite hoaxes but others make you think.

Back Cover Blurb:
An extraordinary collection of strange and intriguing photographs is presented here and every aspect of the paranormal is explored.
Jason
Oct 05, 2016 Jason rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People desperate for yet another, any other, true ghost book to read
Most of the pictures are obvious fakes, many of which are available online anyway, and the commentary adds nothing. He ends almost every section with something like "What do you think?" or "Make up your own mind." So... I think this book stinks and I have made up my mind to get rid of it.
Maureen
Feb 07, 2008 Maureen rated it it was amazing
I love this book. These are classic and lesser-known ghost photos reproduced on pages Photoshopped to look like the pages of a photo album or scrapbook. The text briefly explains the circumstances of each photo and assesses how authentic it might be, or not.
Trudi
Feb 26, 2012 Trudi rated it it was amazing
Very interesting ; well done:)
Brandi ;)
Sep 08, 2010 Brandi ;) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, just-for-fun
Read it with my daughter, she loves the pics and trying to find the ghosts. I like how the author gives arguments for both sides then asks you to make up your own mind. Fun little coffee table book.
Abraham Ray
Sep 30, 2012 Abraham Ray rated it it was amazing
nice photograph book about ghosts!
Sabrina
Sep 07, 2012 Sabrina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction, ghost-y
Really spooky pictures of ghosts caught on pictures! Loved it!!
Michele
Sep 02, 2009 Michele rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ghosts
Some of these I'd seen before and some are obviously tricks of the camera. But there were some that made you think "Maybe..."
Lacey
May 16, 2012 Lacey rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Pretty cool pictures in this book and wonder if they will make a new one. I am all about paranormal and ghosts.
Mary
Jan 29, 2010 Mary rated it really liked it
Great photos and if any are real, extremely interesting too! If you have any interest in ghosts or the paranormal, then this book is for you! Fun and easy to read too.
Elizabeth Tolentino
Elizabeth Tolentino rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Claire Carton
Claire Carton rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2012
Meghann
Meghann rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Robin A. Matthews
Robin A. Matthews rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2015
MR SD WOOD
MR SD WOOD rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2017
Lisa Rounds
Lisa Rounds rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2015
Melissa Fuquay
Melissa Fuquay rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was ok
May 26, 2012
Zenon
Zenon rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Giselle Scotdeerie
Giselle Scotdeerie rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Real Ghosts, Restless Spirits, and Haunted Places
  • Encyclopedia of Haunted Places: Ghostly Locales from Around the World
  • Ghostly Encounters: True Stories of America's Haunted Inns and Hotels
  • Weird Hauntings: True Tales of Ghostly Places
  • House of Spirits and Whispers: The True Story of a Haunted House
  • Haunted: The Incredible True Story of a Canadian Family's Experience Living in a Haunted House
  • Ghosts: True Encounters from the World Beyond
  • Haunted Britain and Ireland
  • Historic Haunted America
  • Don't Call Them Ghosts: The Spirit Children of Fontaine Manse- A True Story
  • Haunted Virginia: Legends, Myths, and True Tales
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Ghosts & Hauntings : The Ultimate A-Z of Spirits, Mysteries and the Paranormal
  • When Ghosts Speak: Understanding the World of Earthbound Spirits
  • Ghosts Among Us: True Stories of Spirit Encounters
  • The People in the Attic: The Haunting of Doretta Johnson
  • Seeking Spirits: The Lost Cases of The Atlantic Paranormal Society
  • Haunted Heartland
  • Will Storr vs. The Supernatural: One Man's Search for the Truth About Ghosts

Caught on Film (7 books)
  • The Paranormal Caught on Film: Amazing Photographs of Ghosts, Poltergeists and Other Strange Phenomena
  • Ghosts Caught on Film 2: Photographs of the Unexplained
  • Monsters Caught on Film: Amazing Evidence of Lake Monsters, Bigfoot and Other Strange Beasts
  • Ghosts Caught on Film 3: Photographs of the Supernatural
  • UFOs Caught on Film: Amazing Evidence of Alien Visitors to Earth
  • The Best of Ghosts Caught on Film: The Paranormal and Supernatural Caught on Camera