Start by marking “Love You to Death” as Want to Read:
Love You to Death

Love You to Death

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  943 ratings  ·  76 reviews
When did Abby Foote's life become an episode of "Law & Order?" First, a former boyfriend (who dumped Abby in the most humiliating way imaginable) is found murdered the day his engagement is announced.

Then two other ex-boyfriends report attempts made on their lives right after breaking up with her. Coincidence? Detective Benjamin Orr, of the Portland Police Department (
Published January 1st 2007 by Red Dress Ink

To ask other readers questions about Love You to Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love You to Death

Slightly Single by Wendy MarkhamSee Jane Date by Melissa SenateMilkrun by Sarah MlynowskiScot On The Rocks by Brenda JanowitzSlightly Settled by Wendy Markham
Best Red Dress Ink Books
45th out of 107 books — 24 voters
Home for the Holidays by Heather Vogel FrederickWhat My Mother Gave Me by Elizabeth BenedictThe 13th Gift by Joanne Huist SmithThe Last Present by Wendy MassMom Still Likes You Best by Jane Isay
Gifts
17th out of 25 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Lili
I was bored out of my mind with this book, just wanted it to be over!

Abby is soooo stupid!, she's a doormat for all of her boyfriends (if the author expected me to feel sorry for her it didn't work, she deserves everything that happened to her for being so dumb), her "family" treats her like crap all the time and she allows it!
The police officers were totally unprofessional with her and she didn't say anything... but the worst of all was the way she kept thinking like a teenager all the time, no
Collette
Aug 05, 2008 Collette rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: chick-lit mystery fans
Shelves: chick-lit, senate
Being a big chick-lit fan and Red Dress Ink fan this book was right up my alley. It was a cute story about a girl who was being framed for the murder and attempted murder of three of her ex-boyfriends that dumped her in horrible ways like catching one in the bedroom at her birthday party with a woman's lips attached in the midsection. Ouch!! Not a fun way to find out about the other woman!
Anyway the hunky detective that refuses to believes she is innocent is non-other than her high-school crush
Sharal Hunter
Could Abby Foote’s day get any worse? She already has the worst luck with men and discovers that her ex-boyfriend has been found murdered. The cop investigating the murder happens to be the guy she had a major crush on in high school. She soon learns that attempts were made on two other exes and she is the prime suspect for all three crimes. It’s bad enough that you’re being investigated by your high school crush for crimes you did not commit, but adding insult to injury, he doesn’t even remembe ...more
Aparajita Mukherjee
Abby is a prime suspect in the murder of one of her ex-boyfriends, and she is also being accused of attempting to murder two of her other ex-boyfriends. But she is an extremely sweet, caring, generous person and it almost broke my heart by the way most people treated her. Her jackass good-for-nothing ex-boyfriends, her step-family, her colleagues at work, almost all of them deserve a seat in hell, including the hot Detective Benjamin Orr, who of all people should have understood her. Only a hand ...more
Carlos Alonso-Niemeyer

I keep a list of book recommendations with me. Someone had recommended this book to me a while ago. I don't remmember but I have a few guesses.
I bought it for my Kindle, which prevented me from looking at the book cover.
After the first chapter I started to worry. In the second chapter I started to get angry. By the third chapter I was, quite frankly MAD!!!
If I ever find out who played this prank on me, he or she is going to get it.
This is a chick book. All fluf. Its the equivalent of having a
Kellie
This started out slow, but it got better as it moved along. I enjoyed it. I had my suspect early on, but when he became too obviously a red herring, I decided on someone else. (And I was right!) There's indication that the author is going to write another mystery with the same main character; I look forward to it.
Houda
D'accord, j'ai terminé ce livre hier ou plutot ce matin puisque je m y suis collée jusqu'à 6h30 du matin. Fallait avoir un peu de repos et maintenant que je suis en pleine forme, les idées bien rangées je suis prête à en parler.
Alors d'où je vais commencer de la stupide Abby, de sa vie de merde, ou des crimes qui tentent la mettre en prison?! Malgrés sa naiveté, plutot que stupidité j'ai trop aimé le caractère d'Abby qui ne voit de mal en personne, prête à faire tout pour ses amis et sa famille
Sara
I really enjoyed reading this book. If you're currently dating and had a string of bad dates or relationships, this book is highly entertaining. A little bit of mystery, lots of humor and a little romance all tied into one easy, fun read.
Katrina
Caitlin
When did Abby Foote's life become an episode of Law & Order?

Abby has a terrible track record with boyfriends. As the book opens, her current boyfriend just leaves her at a Land's End when they were supposed to be attending her nephew's bris. The dude just freaks out about a baby circumcising party. Of course, everyone at the party is all, "Abby knows how to pick them!"

Granted, Abby's boyfriends suck. One tackled her so that she wouldn't catch the bouquet at her half-sister's wedding, subseq
Jen B
Dec 01, 2008 Jen B rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2008
Abby Foote has horrible luck with boyfriends. She's been dumped by email, at her own birthday party, and most recently inside an LL Bean. She just can't seem to find a good man - so she's more than happy when Benjamin Orr, her high school crush, walks into her office one day. But it turns out Ben's a detective, and he's come to see Abby to investigate her for murder. It seems one of her ex-boyfriends has turned up dead, and as the spurned ex-girlfriend, Abby's the prime suspect. When two more of ...more
Kandee
I want more Abby Foote.

I need more Abby Foote.

I will die without Abby Foote.

A little dramatic, yes. Am I serious, no, but dammit, I loved this book. It had a little bit of my favorite of everything, romance, mystery, drama. IT HAD IT ALL and I think now Melissa Senate is on my GREAT AUTHORS list because it just seemed natural to her. The characters are all great, I mean, not all because Abby seems to date all douchebags, but they were great to read about. I got really attached. REALLY attached.
Minie Houselook
Abby a aucune chance depuis son plus jeune âge. Du coup, quand elle doit être demoiselle d’honneur, c’est tout naturellement que ces ex commencent à mourir. De plus, l’un des enquêteurs et chargé de suivre Abby n’est autre que l’un de ses ex. Elle part sur cette enquête et cherche l’assassin.

Melissa Senate nous permet de nous détendre, de suivre une enquête et de nous divertir.
Aera Coltheart
The story was supposed to be chick lit but I never encountered it at all, more like a contemporary read and suspense.

I think the selling point to why I really like this is because of the heroine Abby Foote, she’s sarcastic, witty humoured, and damn funny at time especially when she contemplates her thoughts regarding how people where feeling about her being the suspect of killing her past ex. I love part where she was reading her emails and she gets mails from her Ex’s yeah a lot of them and al
Shirley Worley
Abby Foote is a relationship disaster gone amuck, several times over. After a former boyfriend is murdered and several former ex's are nearly killed, Abby becomes the prime suspect. Detective Ben Orr, a one-time classmate and object of her teen-age crush, sets out to prove her guilt while Abby secretly develops intense feelings for him (again). The support she receives from her friends, co-workers, and step-family is half-hearted, forcing Abby to insert herself into the investigation.

I really en
Claire
I really liked the idea behind this book, someone trying (and in one instance, succeeding) to wipe out your ex-boyfriends and it wasn't a bad book but some of the characters just really annoyed me, as did some of the situations she ended up in. At one point, I pushed the book away yelling 'get to the point!' There were some nice moments though but I'm afraid this one didn't win me over. There is a small notation at the end of the book saying there will be another Abby Foote mystery, however this ...more
Sandra
I really enjoyed this book, and found it un-put-down able from about page 54 until page 259. If it weren't for the fact that I needed to get up early I would've read it to the end. I'm not sure whether it was because of this break in continuity, but I thought that the last 4 chapters (40 or so pages) felt kind of rushed and slightly anti-climactic. I think that I'd rather give the book 3.5 stars if that were possible, or even 3.75, purely for the last 4 chapters. But it hasn't put me off startin ...more
Lisa
This was an easy read, but not my favorite of Senate's. I had mixed feelings about the main character. The detective investigating her -- who we later discover believed her all along -- says highly offensive things to her that don't make sense in that context. And the mentally unstable killer isn't portrayed like that at all until the end. The ending was also diminished with the following line, "Look for another Abby Foote mystery next January." This was published in 2007. But even if a sequel w ...more
Nancy S
Fast pace read (I finished it in one day). Likable characters. Abby has the worst taste in guys and seems to get dumped in the most humilating ways. When a former boyfriend is found murdered the day his engagement is announced Abby ends up as the number one suspect. When it is discovered that two other ex's had attempts made on their lives Abby is the only suspect. She determines it is up to her to solve the crimes and find the real killer.
Heidi (Yup. Still here.)
3.5 stars. This book was really between three and four stars for me. At times I really loved it and wanted to give it four stars and a few times the main characters overly "lovey" thoughts about her detective drove me batty. The way her family treated her also irritated me. Over all though, I really loved the fast pace and the humor of the book, plus the mystery kept me guessing so I recommend it as a fun light mystery.
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
2 1/2

Honestly it wasn't bad or painful to read (unless Abby was doing something embarrassing, which turns out to be quite a lot), but I guess it just wasn't even close to the wow factor. Or yeaaahh this is good, go read it! It's more like, read it if you want, and if you don't, then whatever. Her character annoyed be a bit, and the things she did sometimes made me cringe. But I didn't dislike this book or anything.
Monica
Abby Foote is suspect number one when her ex-boyfriends start turning up dead. She never expected that. She also didn't expect that the person who would be investigating her (maybe a little too closely for comfort) would be Benjamin Orr, her high school crush. But Benjamin isn't about to let a suspect get away with murder, especially if he thinks there might be someone else behind all the mayhem.
Juva
A fun novel, full of surprises and a few twists and turns. I genuinely laughed out loud a few times, and the ending wasn't as predictable as you'd think. I love the tension between the main characters, and all the zany things that happen once the people around the protagonist start making assumptions. It's fun and quirky, and I can't wait to read more from Melissa Senate.
Rachael
I don't know why, but this book had be giggling like crazy while reading it. It has a nice little mix of chick lit, mystery, and a tiny bit of serious family relationship craziness. I was happy to see that the person that I pegged for the murderer was in fact innocent. I like that, because otherwise I solved the case at page 50, never a good sign with a mystery book.
Anne
A fun easy read. I thought it was interesting how much depth they went into with Abby's family. Love Ben. Also I didn't guess the ending at all although I don't think it's the type of book where you have enough clues to guess the ending. Can't wait to read another Abby Foote book!
Heather Tisdale
I would have liked it more if Abby wasn't so stupidly romantic. It's one thing to be in love with someone, but saying I love you fifteen times in your head when someone looks at you is a little much. Just a little more toned down and it would have been a happy middle ground.
Jonelle
silly, some funny bits, but mostly a lot of the same thing over and over. I skipped about 20 pages near the end and was just fine.

An OK read if you want to be able to pick up and put down while sitting on a beach towel, but don't really have to pay attention.

Rae Clifford
Oct 06, 2012 Rae Clifford rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 13(Parent Permission)-30+
Recommended to Rae by: Goodreads
This is a must-read, even if you don't enjoy mystery. The suspense and the romance mixed very well together, like Red Velvet and Cream Cheese frosting (Yum!). Though it's a little adult-y, if you're 13 and allowed to read whatever books, READ THIS ONE NOW!
Lauren
This was a nice, easy summer book to read. Nothing too deep or complicated, but good ol' chick lit fun. Many instances were a little too far fetched to be believable but sometimes that's okay when you enjoy the flow of the writing and most of the characters.
Lauren
This book is for anyone who likes chick lit and mysteries. I thought the characters were endearing, and relatable. The plot kept me interested not only in the mystery but the possible love connection between Abby and Ben.
  • The Pact (Rachel Benjamin, #1)
  • Scot On The Rocks: How I Survived My Ex-Boyfriend's Wedding With My Dignity Ever-So Slightly Intact (Brooke Miller, #1)
  • How Nancy Drew Saved My Life
  • Loves Me, Loves Me Not
  • Accidental It Girl
  • Bachelorette #1
  • A Minor Indiscretion
  • True Love (and Other Lies)
  • Slightly Married (Slightly, #4)
  • Rescuing Rose
I'm the author of twelve novels, including my debut, SEE JANE DATE (also available in cute TV movie form on DVD) and THE LOVE GODDESS' COOKING SCHOOL. I've recently had two novels published under a secret pen name, but I will happily share if you message me to ask!

I'm the proud mother of a wonderful twelve-year-old boy. We (and our beagle) live on the coast of Maine, where I'm working on my next n
More about Melissa Senate...
See Jane Date The Love Goddess' Cooking School The Solomon Sisters Wise Up (Red Dress Ink) The Breakup Club (Red Dress Ink Novels) The Secret of Joy