Start by marking “101 Ways to Find a Ghost: Essential Tools, Tips, and Techniques to Uncover Paranormal Activity” as Want to Read:

3.02 of 5 stars 3.02  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  10 reviews
"A proven investigator in her own right, Melissa offers the novice those needed insights and suggestions only hands-on experience can give you."
--Andrew Laird, Founder, The Rhode Island Paranormal Research Group

Ghost-hunting expert Melissa Martin Ellis has seen, felt, and sensed it all. And now, thanks to this guide, you too can part the veil between us and the mysterious

Published (first published July 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about 101 Ways to Find a Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 101 Ways to Find a Ghost

Meredith Kaupp
Ok, I didn't actually finish. It wasn't really "101 ways to find a ghost" but more like how to become a paranormal investigator. If I actually thought I had a ghost or wanted to start looking for them, it would be a very interesting read. I don't, so it wasn't one I wanted to continue (actually I want to know if they're real without finding out there's one in my 100+ year old house or haunting me. Lol). Anyway, if you want to be a ghost hunter, it would be a good book to read (and it's free for ...more
Tara
This book has everything laid out for the person that wants to start or join a professional team of paranormal investigators. It's more of a how to novel than light reading for someone interested in going to cemeteries and what not. Still pretty informative.
Christina Clancy-Filla
Ghost Hunters here I come...a totally fun book to read and now I am convinced I can be a great ghost hunter now LOL
User3162
DNF
Jessica
I was very skeptical when purchasing this book. I was afraid it would just include the basic information that I pretty much already knew about ghosts and hauntings. I learned quite a bit from this book!! I will hopefully soon be joining a paranormal team and this book helped so much! Now I know how to tell if a group is legit and legal or not. I learned about other types of entities and hauntings. Also, it tells a lot about the investigation process. If you are interested in paranormal investiga ...more
Dennys
como puedo abrir el libro
Leigh
Was a free read. Interesting to see how people approach this "scientifically" and how different people & technology are utilized, as well as Do's & Don'ts. For those interested in this as a hobby/career, probably a great introductory resource.
Andy
The book fails to mention the best way to detect the paranormal is that one must watch a spooky movie before going out into the field. Also it doesn't give a 101 ways just 101 short chapters covering safety to pseudoscientific methods.
Ed Lynn
This seems to be geared toward someone interested in Ghost Hunting as a profession and less about the hobbyist. The information seems overly generalized and seems to repeat itself quite frequently.
Tom Clasper
Most of the 101 Ways deal with what to know, or legal issues, not how to find a ghost. Not very helpful - been there, done that already.
John
John marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Joanne04
Joanne04 marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Lucinda
Lucinda marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Gina Choi
Gina Choi marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Jennifer R
Jennifer R marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Nubizzard
Nubizzard marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
donielle mckim
donielle mckim marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Kimi
Kimi marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Natalie Pietro
Natalie Pietro marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I'm the author of five nonfiction books, The Everything Guide to Writing Graphic Novels, The Insider's Newport Guide, The Everything Photography Book, 101 Ways to Find a Ghost and The Everything Ghost Hunting Book for Adams Media.

I am recently illustrated a graphic novel project about the disappearance of the honey bee called Becoming Sophie in collaboration with Susan West Kurz and adapted by my
More about Melissa Martin Ellis...
The Everything Ghost Hunting Book: Tips, Tools, and Techniques for Exploring the Supernatural World The Everything Photography Book: Foolproof Techniques for Taking Sensational Digital and 35mm Pictures Walls and Bridges The Everything Photography Book: Foolproof techniques for taking sensational digital and 35mm pictures (Everything®) The Everything Guide to Writing Graphic Novels: From superheroes to mangaall you need to start creating your own graphic works (Everything (Language & Writing))