Start by marking “The Dracons' Woman (The Soul-Linked Saga #1)” as Want to Read:
The Dracons' Woman (The Soul-Linked Saga #1)

The Dracons' Woman (The Soul-Linked Saga #1)

One day Lariah Daniels is a beautiful but shy historical librarian on Earth. The next, she is fleeing across the stars from a sadistic crime lord who will stop at nothing to hunt her down and torture her for information about her sister, a psychic undercover agent for a shadowy intelligence organization. Lariah selects as her safe haven the distant, pastoral world of Jasan ...more
ebook
Published October 26th 2011 by Kathleen Honsinger (first published October 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Dracons' Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dracons' Woman

A
Apr 21, 2016 A rated it it was ok
This is a tedious book based on a tantalizing premise. Hot triplet alien princes share a mate and that mate is a quasi-human named Lariah. Plus she's submissive. That should be sexy. Right?

The reality isn't as pretty. The writing is in a detached and overly simplistic manner, a little like reading a user manual. I have to give the author credit for having thoroughly realized the entire fantasy world and all of its customs, but she did not have to present it in the form of a lesson in nearly ever
R *is for Relentless*
WOW! I picked this book up and didn't set it down until I was done at 3:00 am! Dracons' Woman is very well done. Scifi alien shapeshifter menage. The author has started building a world and people you really want to know more about. I love erotic romance set on different worlds with alpha males who really know how to love their woman. This was a well rounded story with plenty of smoking sex scenes, mystery, and intrigue all set on an alien planet. If you enjoy scifi romance and you're men to co ...more
Jessica (Stuck in Books)
I liked it. It was good brain candy and I'll definitely continue the series, but I can't say I loved it. I really enjoyed the world and the premise, though.
Sarah G
Aug 23, 2015 Sarah G rated it it was amazing
Shelves: in-love, shifter, mmmf
Extremely pleased right now.

Lately I have been going from one shifter book to the next and while few of them were bad, none pulled me in and gave me something new and exciting. Then I found this book and what a gem it turned out to be. The sex was hot but didn't take over the whole story. The men were strong but loving. The information was given in a way that didn't leave me feeling like my head was going to explode but rather evenly distributed.

Even though it set up for further books it didn'
Carolyn F.
Aug 28, 2012 Carolyn F. rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, ebook, nook, magical, sfr
The book started out strong and then I started losing interest about halfway through. For very strong men, they were pretty touchy-feely. Sometimes this is okay, but I didn't really like it here. I liked the premise though and so I'm going to keep reading the series hoping that the books get incrementally better.
JJH--Judy
4 1/2--5 stars. I was going through my TBR pile looking for something different. I had just read a book from one of my favorite authors I preordered, and was greatly looking forward to--and hating it. So I decided to go in a totally different direction and just pick something I already had, and had no no idea what to expect. I am so glad I did. I admit it was the cover that made me choose this one--totally different from the usual romance covers you come across today. I also admit I expected som ...more
Jean
Mar 24, 2015 Jean rated it it was amazing
I love sci fi/menage romance novels. i really do. but lets be honest, the story plots of books in this genre don't usually run all that deep. I'm up to the 4th book of this series now (in just 3 days) and I must say this is DEFINITELY one of the BEST sci fi romance series I have ever read. right on par with Evangeline Anderson's Kindred series (or maybe even better). I CANNOT wait to read more. I picked up this book at random for some light reading since another book I've been hankering after do ...more
Judith
Apr 25, 2012 Judith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in The Soul-Linked Saga. Warning: these books are multiple partner books. Three brothers and one wife. The stories are very good and the characters are wonderful. It's sort of a fantasy/sci fi mix.The men are shape shifters and there are clans of each shifter group -Dracons, Lobos, Katres, Bearons, Gryphons and a few others that may or may not be extinct! The heroines are kick butt when they need to be and develop into quite well rounded women who love their men, their bab ...more
Aymie Day
Jun 27, 2012 Aymie Day rated it liked it

I'm torn on exactly what to write for this review. The story has a good premise and the the worlds are well developed. The characters are very likeable and the villains you dislike, those goals are achieved by the author. The dialogue is very one dimensional and is at best corny. I know this is supposed to be a planet of men and they would cherish the females. But come on, No man talks like that, to a woman and is that in touch with his feelings. Especially ones that are described as masculine
Shing Shang13
Jan 08, 2013 Shing Shang13 rated it did not like it
I found this book dreadfully unoriginal. Unfortunately, as much as I love this genera, I see a lot of plot regurgitation going on. This is a good example of what happens when you take away all the good elements of a well written SciFi/shifter/fantasy romance and leave behind a watered down bowl of vanilla fluff.
If you really want something original and like the idea of three dominant alphas (and you're aren't afraid of a little kink), I recommend you try Tracy St. Johns, Kalquor series.
stephanie mockford
This has to be my favourite book I've ever read....and I've read a LOT

I love the in depth detail of the characters and world this author brings to life. You feel like you really know and care for the people and beings written about. I especially like how the characters from the rest of the series are interlinked with the plot in this first book so you already know them. I can't wait to read the next in this awesome series.
Ti
Apr 27, 2014 Ti rated it it was ok
Note: includes BDSM themes including spanking to pain, and pain with touch. Its too bad as that gets in the way of a great storyline. I won't be reading more.
Feistygodwin
Nov 28, 2011 Feistygodwin rated it really liked it
This is another one that I randomly found on Amazon, love the world building and the super sexy love story between the Heroine and her 3 mates!
Anna
May 15, 2017 Anna rated it liked it
The writing was "easy on the eye", so to speak. The world was well detailed and the history very well described, so I did not have any problems getting into the story. I enjoyed the plot line and the direction the story took, plus the characters were likable.
The sex scenes, though, were too mechanical in my opinion. It was more like reading a manual than an erotica romance, there wasn't much passion behind the actions.

The characters. I liked reading about Lariah, she was a nice enough female ch
BJ
May 13, 2017 BJ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: just-ok
All the right elements for a great shifter story but unfortunately, it was poorly executed. There are multiple shifters, a prophesy and a virgin librarian h, who is human, lots of bad guys, but ultimately there was too much going on. It got confusing, then it just got silly, which is a shame because it started so well. The Hs had no depth but the h did, she was great and if only we a little less, the story would have been more.
Marguerite
Rating : 1 star
DNF : 60%

Everybody's annoying.
Tiblu
Oct 22, 2015 Tiblu rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just sooooooo NOT for me!!!!

Ok, can someone answer me why it's seems soo HOT and soo very cool to both writers and readers for the H to get off controlling and or dominating the h like a well trained puppy and and the H to get even hotter the happier she is to not only take commands ( when she should be telling him to shove it up his ass) but to be aroused by said domineering behavior and lame/needless "punishments " ( right like a smack on the ass for not moving your foot fast enough is coz for
Amanda  Morgan
Feb 26, 2017 Amanda Morgan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

I really enjoyed this book and the development of the characters. Great action but semi-predictable. Sex scenes were fun and kept you wanting more. Although there are sex scenes there is really good storyline. Highly recommended
Jensie Elizabeth
Feb 25, 2017 Jensie Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic, other-worldly
Loved this one. The only reason it's not a five-star read for me is I was a little weirded out by the three love interests being brothers. I kept trying to tell myself it's fine, they're brothers and this is completely natural for them, but I just... couldn't. It was a little weird, I'll admit. But it wasn't weird enough for me to not read it, so all is well. A couple of sweet and delicious alien lovers? Yes please.
Annie  K
Dec 03, 2016 Annie K rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

A Sufi, shape shifter, steamy polyandry story. Great world building, set in the distant future.
Lariah, is a young human female on the run. Mistaken for her
Psychic sister she was kidnapped and brutally beaten. Rescued by the secret government agency her sister works for she is sent off world for her safety. Seeking sanctuary with the Jason, a race of shifters renowned for their fierce protection of females.
Garen, Treyen, and Valen are triple Deacon shifters, a dragon type creature, and t
Brittany
A pretty good read. This story has a little bit of everything in it aliens, menage, and shape shifters. It was a good enjoyable read. There are some BMDS moments in it as well I would have probably given this five stars if it had not been for one thing. When the brothers decided to make a unilateral decision about something that is very important to the heroine they sexually punish the heroine after she states her disagreement with their decision. VERY UNCOOL!! Other than that a good read but th ...more
Bayleaf
Jan 24, 2014 Bayleaf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yeah! I'm thrilled to get my hands on a really good paranormal romance.

Pros: Very strong female lead, Lariah, overcomes extensive torture and is sent into hiding from her captors. Her strong will to survive lead her to three men who give her the love she thought she'd never had. The Dracon men discovering their true mate led to a wonderful HEA.

Con: Found myself getting lost in the extensive detail about the worlds (Jasan and others), the language, and culture. While this wasn't horrible, I ofte
100 Words or Less
Historical librarian, traumatized torture survivor, and somewhat psychic (Lariah Daniels/26yrs/virgin) seeks a sanctuary on Jasan (a low-tech, ranching planet), which imports contract brides. Royal, shape-shifting (dracons/dragons), and magical (air/fire) male-set (Garen, Treyen, and Valen Dracon/412yrs/nearly identical triplets) seek their genetic mate, the first “Arima” in three millennia to create a “soul-link”.

REC: A romantic storyline, with some backstory, a little intrigue, and a villain o
Celibel Shadowsong
Aug 12, 2014 Celibel Shadowsong rated it really liked it
This is the first book I read of Laura Jo Phillips, and I loved it.
I thought the world that the author imagined and wrote was very well done, and the characters are perfect. Although the males of this story are a bit emotional, I liked it, I found it understandable because they treasure the females and especially to have knowledge of the appearance of an Arima, who no longer appeared in thousands of years.
The book was a bit stuck in some parts, but I found acceptable since it is an introduc
Arina Gorokhovska
Apr 07, 2016 Arina Gorokhovska rated it liked it
Let's be honest- the cover is bad. It looks cheap. The cover made me hesitant to read the book because I was sure that the book would be horribly edited and badly written.
However I was pleasantly surprised, the writing style was very good and the plot was interesting enough.
The biggest problem of the book is that only the oldest brother had a personality, the others were there to just nod their heads and agree with everything.
My favorite character was Tiny-who btw is a dog. I think that says a
Shanna Matheo
Mar 30, 2016 Shanna Matheo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was pretty good and I really really liked it. I'm surprised this series isn't more popular. To be honest, I think I even liked it better than the Brides of Kindred series. The writing was better. The plotline flowed better. The editing was better. It was just better.

Maybe it's these horrible covers... tsk tsk tsk people. Now, what did yo mama tell you about judging books? :)

Liv's Love Book Blog
I liked this book but wasn't the biggest fan of the dialogue and how everyone spoke in this book. Everything was super formal. I understand they're soulmates and are meant to be together and as much as I wish men acted perfectly 24/7 they don't, so at some points I was agitated at how perfect the men in these books were. It kind of just made everything a little too unrealistic for me. Overall still a good book and series though!
Caroline
Sep 09, 2012 Caroline rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
This was actually a lot better than I expected. There is a full story here with reasonably complex characters who need to come to terms with who they are and what they actually want. Although there is plenty of hot sex it is the story of how Lariah develops into a strong woman after a horrible past and the men who love her.

One of the storylines continues into the next book so have started book 2.
Angie
Aug 17, 2013 Angie rated it it was ok
Shelves: unfinished
This is the second book this month that I could not seem to finish reading. I was in the mood for some sci-fi alien erotica, but somehow fell short of my expectations. Maybe it's me... I lost interest in the characters (despite a little pique of interest in the wolf triplets). Not a terrible read; but the plot and dialogue did not help these characters come to life for me.
  • Hearts of Ishira
  • Into the Dream (The Arcadians #1)
  • Paul's Pursuit (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #6)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Bay's Mercenary (Unearthly World, #1)
  • Dragon Blues
  • Alien, Mine
  • Conquest: Earth
  • The Portal (Interstellar, #1)
  • G.A. Aiken Dragon Bundle: The Dragon Who Loved Me, What a Dragon Should Know, Last Dragon Standing & How to Drive a Dragon Crazy
  • Dragon Dance (Dragon Queen, #2)
Laura Jo Phillips is the Amazon best selling author of the genre-busting "Soul-Linked Saga" series of Fantasy/Romance/Adult/Science Fiction novels, and of the "Orbs of Rathira" trilogy, the the first volume of which was released in August 2012.
More about Laura Jo Phillips...

The Soul-Linked Saga (8 books)
  • The Lobos' HeartSong (The Soul-Linked Saga , #2 )
  • The Katres' Summer (The Soul-Linked Saga , #3 )
  • The Bearens' Hope (The Soul-Linked Saga #4)
  • The Gryphons' Dream (The Soul-Linked Saga, #5)
  • The Vulpirans' Honor (The Soul-Linked Saga #6)
  • The Falcorans' Faith (The Soul-Linked Saga, #7)
  • The Tigrens' Glory (The Soul-Linked Saga, #8)