Start by marking “Midnight in Death (In Death, #7.5)” as Want to Read:
Midnight in Death (In Death, #7.5)

Midnight in Death (In Death #7.5)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  11,113 ratings  ·  330 reviews
The number-one New York Times bestselling In Death series explodes with intrigue, passion, and suspense. Now, Nora Roberts, writing as J.D. Robb, propels you into the darkest night of Lieutenant Eve Dallas's life—when a killer comes to call...

Mass Market Paperback, 90 pages
Published September 27th 2005 by Berkley (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight in Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight in Death

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsI Am Half-Sick of Shadows by Alan BradleyThe Help by Kathryn StockettMockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Books I Read in 2012
129th out of 503 books — 48 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsJane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
Leituras 2012 - Clube de Leitores em português
482nd out of 977 books — 99 voters

More lists with this book...

Elvan
One of the few novellas I like to reread. Three serial killers in a row but this book is different than the others. Eve knows how Daved Palmer operates so she goes into this murder(s) better prepared. I kind of like Palmer for his evil creative mind. What is really impressive is how much crime solving and action occurs in only 10 chapters. Above all, we see the mother/daughter relationship developing between Eve and Dr. Mira. Good stuff!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Eve is on someone’s Christmas list....

Didn’t matter that book was shorter than all the rest. The fact is that Robb has written a damn good story with just a quarter of the word count. Not many authors can pull off novellas, but J.D. Robb can.

This story takes place right after the previous one where the Christmas holidays are in full spring. But Eve and Roarke can’t enjoy it because a man who Eve had the pleasure to catch before has escaped and is killing once again. Bu
İlkim
Kısa bir romandı ama yine de gayet iyiydi. Eve ve Roarke ikilisine her kitapla daha da bağlanıyorum. Burada biraz Jane-Hoyt ilişkisi sezdim. Eve'in üç yıl önce hapse tıktığı psikopat bir bilim adamı hapisten kaçıyor ve davasındaki tüm görevlileri tek tek aynı şekilde öldürmeye başlıyor ama amacı Eve'e ulaşıp onda deneyler yapmak. Takıntılı yani. Ayrıca Dr. Mira da onun davasında doktor olduğu için onu da kaçırıyor. Kurgu ilginizi çektiyse hemen okuyun derim.
Aly is so frigging bored
1st Read December 2012
2nd Read November 2014
Books-treasureortrash
Book Review: 2 Treasure Boxes

In this story Eve knows who the murderer is and who the potential victims are, but she does not know where he is. So the race is on to locate him before he kills anyone else on his list. Both Eve and Doctor Mira, Eve's mother figure who works as a profiler for the police department, are on his list. It is always interesting to read Eve as she tracks down her suspects. The story becomes very suspenceful towards the end and has a very satisfying conclusion.

This is a st
Yz the Whyz
A 3-hour audiobook, and I got my fix of Eve and Roarke. Due to its length, there is not much character development, and the story took off immediately. Eve has to catch an escaped serial killer who is out to get all the people involved in catching him in the first place. Has some suspenseful parts, and slightly gory with some of the torture details.

Here we see how much Mira means to Eve, and of course, Eve and Roarke's ever growing relationship. As usual, I love visiting JD Robb's In Death world
Célia
Midnight in Death é uma novela pertencente a esta série que foi originalmente publicada na antologia Silent Night . Cronologicamente, começa de imediato a seguir aos acontecimentos de Holiday in Death e tem uma nuance em relação aos anteriores livros da série, no que se refere ao caso policial: desta vez, Eve já sabe quem é o assassino, assim que aparece a primeira vítima.

De facto, este “pequeno” caso policial está relacionado com um caso que Eve havia resolvido anos antes. David Palmer, o homic
Amy A
I liked this little novella. I almost wish Midnight in Death and Holiday in Death had switched places. I liked seeing the results of one of Eve's cases. I mean so far we've seen her catch the killer(s), but we've not seen anything happen after-the-fact. This book picks up immediately after Holiday In Death. We are still dealing with Christmas and we are taken into the new year. it kind of signifys things ending and everything kind of starting over. Like I said I would have liked to have seen thi ...more
Shanna
I actually didnt realize that this was also a Christmas story. What can I say, Eve having to solve a mystery of a man she already put behind bars, was different, and I think that the fact that she was so close to some of the victims, made everything worse. Kinda sad that we didnt get as many of my favorite characters, but this was just a novella. I'm happy to have been able to finish the entire thing at work in one day. Can't wait for the next book.
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
I liked getting another taste of Dallas and Roarke, and Peabody and even Dr. Mira. I liked that relationships and emotions of Dallas are further explored. Due to the limited length (a novella) and the fact that Dallas already knew exactly who the killer was, I didn't quite enjoy is as much as some of the full-length books. Looking for clues to chase after the known killer just wasn't the same as watching Dallas put together clues to figure out who the killer was. A slight distinction, but one th ...more
Nancy Steinle gummel
Midnight in Death by Nora Roberts writing as J.D. Robb is another great book in the Eve Dallas and Roarke series. This time around a criminally insane man whom Eve had captured three and a half years previously escapes from the prison station off earth. He proceeds to torture then kill the judge that tried his case. One of the lawyers is next. Then David Palmer out thinks Eve and captures her friend Mira, the psychologist who reviewed the case and profiled David Palmer. Eve has David permit Mira ...more
SheLove2Read
Despite the fact that I can't stand Nora Roberts books, this appealed to me. I liked all the characters and the story. Go figure!
Catherine
It felt like we got a more concentrated focus on Eve's feelings and attachments to certain people than we usually do. I liked the change up of Eve already knowing who the bad guy was. I read this book mostly because I wanted to see the Christmas gift exchanges that we missed in Holiday in Death. I would have liked to see it in the moment, but hearing about it after the fact was better than nothing. I loved the bits with McNab and Peabody and liked that we got to see a lot of Mira. I'm not a huge ...more
Gina Hott
This In Death installment begins just hours after closing Holiday In Death. Peabody still isn't completely together - it's only been a few hours since she was almost raped & murdered.
Eve begins the book standing over the dead - as usual. That's where it detours from the typical - but that's to be expected as we're dealing with crazy. David Palmer has returned. David was a rare individual. He didn't murder people, he just tortured them in the name of science to see exactly how long they could
Wordless Rebel, We live the dreams of others
Just as the end of the year is nearing,one of Dallas' past cases comes back for her.

Basically, that sums up the plot, which is pretty good.

(view spoiler)
Judy Hall
It’s Eve’s first Christmas morning with Roarke and she’s called to a homicide. The problem is she knows the victim and with the clues left behind, she knows the killer. She’s already put David Palmer away once. Now he’s escaped and he has a hit list that includes Eve and Dr. Charlotte Mira. Eve’s determined to get to him first.

This is on my Christmas shelf because early in the tale there is an exchange of gifts between Peabody and Eve. There’s also a discussion of Christmas tradition and all tha
Wayland Smith
This is a novella that's a sequel to an earlier adventure. It happens within hours of the previous book, Holiday in Death. After effects from that are still being felt by the cast, but there's no rest for the weary.

One of Eve's earlier collars has escaped, and he's hell-bent on revenge on Eve and Mira both. There is great tension and suspense, but that's almost secondary in this book.

What makes this one so good is the characterization. Ever have trouble deciding what you're getting someone for C
Bigd_041555
Good novella - liked it because everything moved so fast.

Peabody's gift to Eve was very fitting.

One thing I did notice (here we go again), is that Eve was so worried about keeping Mira and her family safe (and the others too), why didn't she just put them up in her and Roarke's palace? Hmm, maybe because if she did there wouldn't have been the story!

Anyways, 2 thumbs up and 5 stars - on to Conspiracy!
UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick
This Christmas Novella is free for Kindle:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Midnight-in-Dea...

Eve's name has made a Christmas list, but it's not for being naughty or nice. It's for putting a serial killer behind bars. Now the escaped madman has her in his sights. With her husband, Roarke, at her side, Eve must stop the man from exacting his bloody vengeance—or die trying...
Jess
Re-Read October 2011

One of my favourite short stories in this series. What I like about it is the fact that we already know who the killer is from the first few pages.

Some parts were a bit obvious but I realise that there was only a certain amount of pages allowed in the anthology so Eve needed to find/discover things very fast.

I am adoring me reread of this series
Caro
Super suspenseful and page turning. Fast paced with a lot of busy work. Poor Mira, good save and a good ending. Good emotions, humor and sarcasm, Peabody's in with Roarke ;), some steaminess, and a tough puzzle with a lot of pieces. A great short one-sitter and keeps the apetite whetted for more. On to the next...! Totally Enjoy
Dee
Two-haiku review:

Torture-murderer
Escapes off-planet prison
To get back at Eve.

Personal for Eve.
She must separate her mind
From her emotions.

First read 2010, re-read 10/13, free kindle edition. Another haiku:

Christmas novella
Short, but complete and perfect
How does she do that?
Serena Cloos
Ik heb even geen idee meer hoe ik aan dit boekje ben gekomen, volgens mij werd het gratis aangeboden op Twitter. Ik had nog nooit van deze schrijfster gehoord, ze blijkt een pseudoniem van Nora Roberts te zijn. De omschrijving van het boek sprak me echter wel aan en dus begon ik te lezen.
Na een paar bladzijden had ik al door dat dit niet het eerste deel van de serie was en bovendien kwam ik erachter dat het verhaal zich in de verre toekomst afspeelt. Alles gaat via 'Links' en 'Flitsen' en nog me
Kris
4 Stars

The story continues with Eve hot off a case that leaves Peabody indisposed so Roarke signs himself up as her deputy. David Palmer a sadistic killer has escaped prison and is going to kill everyone who had a hand in putting him away. As Eve races to recapture Palmer she is reminded of her past and those that love her in the present.

I perfect story - while I would have liked more background and chasing about i think this novella has the right amount of story and satisfying ending. It is le
Susan (susayq ~)
A quick read. It seems like it was written for you to have to feeling or moving in fast forward. At least that's how I felt. I have to say I LOVED the way Eve was so protective over Dr Mira. Shows how much she means to Eve.
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
Is it just me or does the sparring scenes between Roarke and Eve seem sexy and arousing? The "wrestling" end up as bedsport. I have no complaints from this front. Another short and sweet enjoyable read.
Joy
Free read --enjoyed characters and plan on starting series
Troy  Dye
MIDNIGHT IN DEATH BY J.D.ROBB

Eve Dallas is a smart, cough, and too brave Police lieutenant in the year 2058. Some things have changed in 44 years; most things haven't. Human nature is the same.. There are still the very rich and very poor. There ate still criminals that are ape shirt crazy, and even worse criminals that are smart, handsome and pure evil. With the moral backing of her questionably legit, super rich husband, Dallas sets out to recapture a psychotic genius before he can kill her fr
Heather
For a short story, this one had it all!
Timeforme
Rated at 3.5
Main Characters:
Eve Dallas - A future world cop
Roake - Eve's new husband

Synopsis:

My Thoughts:
I have a habit of not reading the In Death books in sequence so each book I read I have to figure out where in the
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Midnight In Death (Dec. 2013) SPOILER ZONE 27 19 Dec 10, 2013 12:57PM
Readers of Kindle...: Midnight in Death #7.5 5 7 Feb 09, 2012 02:17PM
  • Without A Trace (The O'Hurleys #4)
  • After Glow (Harmony #2)
  • Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)
  • Heaven Can't Wait (I-Team, #1.5)
  • Fatal Destiny (Fatal, #3.5)
  • Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, # 3)
  • Billionaires Prefer Blondes (Samantha Jellicoe, #3)
  • Kill and Tell (CIA Spies, #1)
aka:
Sarah Hardesty
Jill March
Nora Roberts

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, U.S.A. She was the youngest of the five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline.
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 41 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
Naked in Death (In Death, #1) Glory in Death (In Death, #2) Immortal in Death (In Death, #3) Portrait in Death (In Death, #16) Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)