Start by marking “Vampire” as Want to Read:
Vampire

Vampire

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  321 ratings  ·  12 reviews
It's Darcy Thomas' summer home: the Dungeon of Horrors, owned by Jake, the gorgeous green-eyed uncle she's just met. But the gory fun turns to terror when real bodies are found with the mark of a vampire on their throats--and Darcy is targeted as the next victim.
Published June 1st 1991 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingJ.R.R. Tolkien 4-Book Boxed Set by J.R.R. TolkienCan You Mend It? by Billy Wood-SmithThe Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsAngels & Demons by Dan Brown
Third person fiction
127th out of 219 books — 25 voters
King Hall by Scarlett DawnVampire Academy by Richelle MeadFrostbite by Richelle MeadSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadThe Scene by R.M. Gilmore
Vampire Books that Are Way Better Than Twilight
184th out of 204 books — 158 voters

More lists with this book...

Ashley P
Nov 18, 2014 Ashley P rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
This book is just as good as I remember being when I first read it as a child, something that worried me initially because things are often so skewed in terms of literature while children are concerned.

These are the type of teen novels which should be popular, rather than weakly written books like Twilight.

In this book the characters are fleshed out, and the main character's (Darcy) fear is palpable and something that can be felt all throughout. This is a book from the advent of thriller teen
Steen
I have to admit that when I saw that on my library overdrive that they had finally got some of Richie Tankersley Cusick's books I was pretty excited to read some again. My favourite of hers and what possible as a teenager made me love her books was the one entitled 'Silent Stalker'. Probably because it dealt with castles and twins and secret passages.

Anyways I know that I read this one, Vampire, because I am pretty sure that I also own it but I couldn't recall anything that happened in it. It wa
Kitty
I thought The Drifter was the all time low in RTC novels but I've been proven wrong again, because it looks like Vampire might just beat it out for first place. While Drifter was offensive in how it handled the relationships between parent and teenager Vampire is just . . . bizarre. It's a messy, incoherent jumble of a million things, a bunch of stumbled beginnings on dozens of different subplots thrown together that never manage to produce a victor that will take over and guide the story line.

T
Amanda Grooms
One of my favorite books from my pre-teen years. It was just creepy and racy enough to keep me coming back to re-read it over and over. I enjoyed this author too... Was a dedicated reader of anything of hers that popped up in my local bookstore. Need to re-read it though. Details are fuzzy, but how I felt about it at the time is certainly not!
Sarah B
So, one night a gypsy fortune-teller(snerk) is super-bored and decides to tell one of her customers that he is a vampire(as you do) and will have to find his true love to have eternal happiness.

Enter our heroine. Darcy is being dropped off by her harridan mother because her honeymoon is more important than her kid and OOPS! her aunt is gone because she's a money-obsessed jerkface.

The only problem I have with this book is it's predictability. If I gave you a description of the characters, you'd k
Alex
Another fun re-read. I love that I was wrong about who the killer was, and that I didn't remember any of the twists.

Richie Tankersley Cusick is definitely one of the better writers from this teen horror genre. I'm really looking forward to reading more of these.
Christine Caton
This was one of my all-time favorite books as a child, then as a teen, and I recently read it again as an adult and still loved it every bit as much. I wish there were more books about these characters because the ending definitely left me wanting more!
maria ❤
I enjoyed the book,read it for class teacher let me borrow it. I later took it and told her i already gave it back. So ya i liked the book the guys in the book are cute
Alicia
OMG, I read this when it came out in '91. I was 16 then and loved to read anyhting scary or supernatural. I think I just recently gave it away too.
Brittany
Well-written and holds your attention from start to finish.
Michelle
One of my childhood favorites.
Johnna
I loved this book when I was a kid.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Arpita Kayal
Arpita Kayal marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Brittany Wilson
Brittany Wilson marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Amanda Clement
Amanda Clement marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Heather Nichol
Heather Nichol marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Annabella Ducounge
Annabella Ducounge marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Becky Gordon
Becky Gordon marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
  • Funhouse (Point Horror, #9)
  • Evil Returns (Vampire's Promise, #2)
  • Final Exam
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • Party Summer  (Fear Street Superchiller, # 1)
  • Kiss of the Vampire (Sweet Valley University Thriller, #3)
  • Weekend
  • The Yearbook
Richie Tankersley Cusick is the bestselling young adult author of over 25 titles, including two adult horror titles, "Scarecrow" and "Blood Roots". Her popularity grew at the height of the horror/YA boom in the late 80's/early 90's, particularly with books like "Lifeguard" , "Trick or Treat" and "Teacher's Pet", just to name a few, allowing her to keep company on the bestseller paperback lists wit ...more
More about Richie Tankersley Cusick...
April Fools (Point Horror, #7) The Harvest (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations, #2) Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6) Walk of the Spirits (Walk, #1) Teacher's Pet (Point Horror, #10)