Mine

Mine

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  319 ratings  ·  11 reviews
What happens when you’ve already given your heart and love finds you again?

Three years after Courtney McAllister loses her partner in a car accident, she’s finally trying to move forward. She’s even dated half heartedly over the past year, but no one is able to penetrate her emotional barricades until she meets aggressive real estate broker Rachel Hart. Despite Rachel’s co...more
Published October 22nd 2007 by Bold Strokes Books

Ulla
Georgia Beers is one of my absolute favourite writers, and this one is really good!
Female Person
I'm sorry, I know it's hard to get over the death of a loved one but this book was crappy and painfully annoying. I felt sorry for Rachel throughout this book, right until the end she was competing for Courtney's absolute and complete love which she didn't get and supposedly couldn't get. She was constantly competing with memories of Theresa. All the sex scenes except the last one irritated me and made me cringe. I actually hoped Rachel would leave Courtney, give up on their hopeless romance and...more
Megan
Ah now ... this is where my true colours appear to come out. I’m a sucker for romance. I picked this book up because Amazon kept telling me I’d like it and then it was staring at me when I was shopping one afternoon at AfterStonewall (displaying the cover definitely makes a difference when you have 10 foot tall bookshelves crammed with lesbian themed novels). The main character, Courtney McAllister, is slowly putting her life back together after her partner passed away three years ago. She’s try...more
Alexia
Needed to read something simple and pretentious after a couple of so called classics so picked this up. As far as the genre goes, I'm glad the other avoided some of the clichés and pitfalls many authors fall into. Unflawed characters or unreal characters, going for the high melodrama that just rings hollow.

That said it's not without it's own flaws. The character lives very much in their own head and a good chunk of the book is the character retelling what happened rather than what is happening...more
Yoly
Sweet story about real loss. It's Georgia Beers, so of course it was good.
Kirsty Morris
I recently discovered Georgia Beers as an author and read every one of her books within a couple of weeks! They are all well written and easy to lose yourself in. Refreshing to find some lesbian fiction that isn't just erotica!

This one was not my favourite but I did enjoy it all the same.
Milkiways
There is no real story in this book, you can tell the story in 3 sentences however, the writing is beautiful. Georgia Beers presented it very well.... I rate it as 3 solely because of her writing!!!!!!
C
A good light read with charming characters. Like Starting from Scratch (by the same author), I found it a little too short, although it doesn't have the too-abrupt ending of SfS.
Rebecca
Fantastic as always. GB knows how to pull you right into her books. I felt sorry and excited for both characters. The story was of real loss and being able to love again.
Cheri
I'm a sucker for a Georgia Beers book. This one was no exception.

**Doing a re-read 3 years after my first reading. **

Finished the re-read. Yeah, I cried a few times. So what?
Raven
Loved this book simple as that.
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Ehrine Bautista
Ehrine Bautista is currently reading it
Jun 28, 2014
Sephora
Sephora marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Tonya Price
Tonya Price marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
  • Turn Back Time
  • Hell's Highway
  • Substitute for Love
  • Out of Love
  • Wasted Heart
  • Battle Scars
Lambda and Golden Crown Literary Award-winning author Georgia Beers lives in Rochester, New York. She has been writing for as long as she can remember, and published her first lesbian novel in 2000.
More about Georgia Beers...
Starting From Scratch Too Close to Touch 96 Hours Thy Neighbor's Wife Turning the Page