Start by marking “Destiny's Bridge (Lex and Amanda, #1)” as Want to Read:
Destiny's Bridge (Lex and Amanda, #1)

Destiny's Bridge (Lex & Amanda #1)

Rancher Lexington Walters is the owner and operator of the Rocking W ranch, not too far from the small Texas town of Somerville.

While repairing a fence during a thunderstorm, she sees a car torn from her wooden bridge and swept into the raging creek. She pulls young realtor Amanda Cauble from the water and the two quickly become good friends. Cut off from the rest of the w
Published November 2003 by Regal Crest Enterprises - Yellow Rose Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Destiny's Bridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destiny's Bridge

M
Apr 07, 2013 M rated it really liked it
Shelves: l-books
Okay, this is a relatively standard romance setting and plot... but, it is so well written and the characters are so vibrant that I am sure that I will be reading more of this series.

I loved the main protagonists and the incidental characters.

It did feel slightly packed in - i.e. a heck of a lot happens in the week plus that the main characters are cut-off, but I am looking forward to the next in the series to see where it goes next.
Kathryn
The general story was ok but the constant repetition of the housekeeper scolding her employer (Lex) like she was a little girl is just stupid. If I had an employee that talked to me that way, they would be fired immediately. I suspect it is supposed to be cute but I found it tiresome. The story also talks about the housekeeper beating the child Lexie with a wooden spoon. I found that offensive also. Not sure how this writer was raised but that is generally unacceptable throughout the U.S.
Jourdyn
May 28, 2014 Jourdyn rated it it was amazing
I've read the entire Lex & Amanda series so far, and I'm very happy I did. I know there are people who find the "love at first sight" thing naive or sappy or unbelievable. But, I for one, believe it can happen. I like the fact that while there is angst in all of the books, the couple gets through it all together instead of breaking up for a bit just to find each other again. I mean, if you're going to fall in love at first sight, you should be able to handle anything together. :)

The books ar
Michelle
Feb 04, 2014 Michelle rated it it was ok
Romance, a bit of adventure, a rural setting, horseback riding, yet another headstrong lead who looks suspiciously like Lucy Lawless ... by the set-up I should have loved this. Unfortunately the writing itself got too much in the way.
Margaret L. Hedman
I loved this book.

Great book. Of course, when the rescuer is strong, handsome and female, who would complain. Very enjoyable read.. Can't wait to get to the rest of the series.
Charlie Avocado
Feb 19, 2017 Charlie Avocado rated it liked it
Shelves: lez-be-honest
I don't think I'll be moving on to the other books. Great idea, just not crazy about the execution.
Kennedy
Mar 17, 2015 Kennedy rated it it was amazing
I love a good romance and this story is a good one. I like the main characters. I like the idea of love at first sight. In particular I like the fact that Lex & Amanda see strengths in each other. Although Lex has skills that a person may envy. I also like the secondary characters. They are funny as well as interesting.
Melissa
Sep 19, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Romantic...a pure knight in shining armor, moonlight, tender, sweet....romance.
Cheri
Jun 07, 2011 Cheri rated it it was ok
I posted an audio review for this book on Cocktail Hour's Bar Rag. http://www.cocktailhour.c-spot.net/ar...
Jedi Sheriff
Jan 12, 2014 Jedi Sheriff rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with the characters within the first few chapters and have been addicted ever since!
Gloria
May 01, 2010 Gloria rated it it was amazing
Excellent!!!
Mandi
Mandi rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2014
Dovesari
Dovesari rated it really liked it
May 10, 2014
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2013
Robin Hicks
Robin Hicks rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Elaine Mulligan
Elaine Mulligan rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2012
Jing
Jing rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2014
Blu
Blu rated it liked it
May 15, 2013
Dana Sipes
Dana Sipes rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2016
Aj Draxler
Aj Draxler rated it did not like it
Apr 16, 2016
Fridgey
Fridgey rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2012
LJ
LJ rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2015
George Collier
George Collier rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2015
Gerda
Gerda rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2017
Joann Lee
Joann Lee rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2012
Hayden
Hayden rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2016
Santa
Santa rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Eye of the Storm (Dar and Kerry, #3)
  • Gulf Breeze
  • Josie and Rebecca: The Western Chronicles
  • Mother Load (Shaken, #4)
  • The Devil Unleashed (Cain Casey, #2)
  • Safe Harbor (Provincetown Tales, #1)
  • The Lure of White Oak Lake (White Oak Lake, #1)
  • Winds of Heaven
  • Conflict of Interest (Portland Police Bureau, #1)

Lex & Amanda (9 books)
  • Faith's Crossing (Lex and Amanda, #2)
  • Hope's Path (Lex and Amanda, #3)
  • Love's Journey (Lex and Amanda, #4)
  • Strength of the Heart (Lex and Amanda, #5)
  • The Way Things Should Be (Lex and Amanda, #6)
  • To Hold Forever (Lex and Amanda, #7)
  • Trust Our Tomorrows (Lex and Amanda, #8)
  • Beyond Always (Lex and Amanda, #9)