Start by marking “Organize for a Fresh Start: Embrace Your Next Chapter in Life” as Want to Read:
Organize for a Fresh Start: Embrace Your Next Chapter in Life

Organize for a Fresh Start: Embrace Your Next Chapter in Life

Organize for a Fresh Start will help readers who have experienced major life transitions that have left them with homes, belongings and schedules that no longer work for them. Readers will learn step-by-step how to reorganize so they can hold on to what they need, let go of what they don't, and welcome new things that will help them in the next chapters of their lives. Rea

Published September 22nd 2011 by Betterway Home (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Organize for a Fresh Start, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Organize for a Fresh Start

Elaine Dowling
Seriously unimpressed. First, the formatting needs work. The font size kept changing (Kindle edition). Second, it continually reminds you that if you need help with an organizational project you can always hire a, "Certified Organizer Coach and Certified Professional Organizer". Oops, I left out the trademark symbol. Don't worry, the author never did. If I wanted to hire a pro, I wouldn't have bought the book. Third, the book is very much about how to get started, not how to follow through or fi ...more
Mary
May 14, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is designed to help readers who have experienced major life transitions that have left them with homes, belongings, and schedules that no longer work for them. The author gives guidance in a step by step fashion to help you reorganize so one can hold on to what they need, let go of what they don't, and welcome new things that will help in the next chapters of their lives.

"Organizing is cathartic and can help you process your emotions. As you go through your things, you’re not only thin
Dee Renee  Chesnut
Feb 12, 2012 Dee Renee Chesnut rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, 2012
This book had been a Free Friday selection, and it is no longer free.

This book helps a reader whose processes and systems are no longer working because there may have been a major transition in the reader's life such as empty nest, downsize to a smaller home, elderly parent moving in, changing careers, and others. West uses the acronyms of REORGANIZE and SIMPLIFY to help the reader stay on track until the job is done and the home supports you in your new life.

I'm finding the book's charts and
Marilee
May 26, 2012 Marilee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book! Could relate to a lot of this book! Am glad I found it! Really is helping me a lot! And no, I have not found the need to "hire" a professional since I am using her tips!
Linda
Mar 19, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've checked this book out several times now, and for me, it would be worth buying. I like a lot of the thinking behind where and how and why we keep the items we do, and how this book helps one reevaluate your possessions and spaces in view of a life change.

What I did notice this time through the book is that there is not much included really on moving house altogether. It seems that this is strange, given that many people would be moving to a whole new place when a new chapter of life was begi
Matthew
May 07, 2015 Matthew rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well-meaning and kindly written, but ultimately a very long prologue to a book you don't actually get.

95% of the book: you are going through a large change, and that will necessitate you to reevaluate your possessions and organization system in a way that addresses your emotional needs as well as the new chapter in your life.

4% Hire me or someone like me to help you.

1% Anemic checklists, ridiculously complicated acronyms that don't summarize anything, vague suggestions.

Just see a therapist and b
Jen Tucker
Jan 05, 2012 Jen Tucker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read for those who really need help getting going with organizing in their home or in their life. I appreciated the author's explanations, and side stories, of why she finds fulfillment in helping others help themselves with the huge task that rearranging one's life can bring. Not everyone finds clearing clutter from their lives to be an easy thing. This book will be of great help to those who are motivated to make some changes.
Leanne
Jan 25, 2012 Leanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very helpful book for those who are facing a big change in their lives -- a new baby, a parent coming to live with them, an empty
nest, the loss of a family member. It talks a lot about how to reorganize your house and its systems to be conducive to a new phase in life.

The chapter on going through one room at a time to declutter was very informative. Even though I liked the book as a whole, I thought some parts were very repetitive.
Kathy Jordan
Jul 02, 2016 Kathy Jordan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is one of my favorite organizing motivators

I have a couple of other organizing books that have been helpful to me but this one seems to be the overall winner for me in ideas and thoughts to motivate me. There are no pictures of systems to use but there are suggestions on incorporating what you may already have. You figure out what works best for you, as she guides you with steps to take you through the journey.
Neeka
Mar 05, 2013 Neeka rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
I wasn't that impressed with the information that I found in this book - a lot of this I already knew - I was hoping for ideas and things for people who have issues with getting organized - not for people who have lost their spouse, gone through divorce, taken in a parent, or have no children in their house anymore.... I was looking for a different type of book - but there was some good information in it.....
Christina
Dec 05, 2016 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, 2016
I appreciate this for being the gentlest, least prescriptive organizing book I personally have read. I don't think the word 'minimalism' appeared a single time, which was refreshing. It did seem like a promo for professional organizing coaches at times, and at others it seemed a little clunky (*two* acronyms to guide this process?), but I will probably still return to it in the future if I find myself overwhelmed in the face of change.
Erin
Oct 21, 2014 Erin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I like the idea of organizing around life changes - however, this book is very limited to late-life changes. If that's where you're at, you may like this, but that didn't work for me. Was looking for advice on transitioning from life before kids to two children in my house and all the chaos that brings, but did not find this book useful.
Stella
Jan 05, 2013 Stella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very useful 'how to' guide for anyone facing or going through a transition in life such as divorce, arrival of a new child, job change/loss, change of living circumstances, empty nest, etc.
i may dive into this one from time to time again.
Victoriavanc
May 20, 2012 Victoriavanc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a senior citizen and have moved twice in the past 6 years, having to downsize both times. I've read parts of this book, and will probably check back to other parts over time. Haven't seen anything I didn't already know, but, that in itself was encouraging! She has good ideas and they work.
Toni Prekker
May 15, 2013 Toni Prekker marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
Not really what I was looking for. Much more about the organizing, and less about the transition part. Definitely geared towards people who have huge houses, with tons of stuff they need to cut down. Not exactly my situation.
Greta
May 07, 2015 Greta rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-garden
Good premise but could have done without the repetitive suggestions - multiple times within each chapter - to hire a professional organizer. I ended up only skimming the later chapters as it really started to bug me.
Heather
Jan 01, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Organizing for a Fresh Start is a good read and helps people through the transitions in their lives. Getting, keeping and staying organized through life's transitions can be hard, especially if the transition is not of your choosing. This book will help you to Organize for a fresh start.
Noelle
Jan 16, 2012 Noelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I recently used pieces of this book to reorganize my life and so far its working wonderfully. Its written for anyone to follow
Meghanly
This book was NOT as helpful as I hoped. A lot of theory and not enough examples. Plus, the editing on the Kindle edition was off.
Emily
Jan 01, 2012 Emily marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Got this as a free Kindle book & thought it might have some good tips as we work on clearing out the accumulated clutter in the house.
Mar 13, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some good tips for general organizing, but this book really focuses on changing your systems to cope with life events. If you don't have existing systems then this book is not the one to read.
Christine Mannion
Christine Mannion rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2015
Hazellie
Hazellie rated it it was ok
Feb 13, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
May 24, 2015
Hope R
Hope R rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2012
Deirdre Foster
Deirdre Foster rated it it was ok
Nov 06, 2015
Krystyna Salvetta
Krystyna Salvetta rated it it was ok
May 22, 2014
Desperate
Desperate rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2013
Ozzy
Ozzy rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
May 08, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Absolutely Organize Your Family
  • Saving for Retirement without Living Like a Pauper or Winning the Lottery
  • Boost Your Memory: Brilliant Ideas You Won't Forget (52 Brilliant Ideas)
  • Ravenous: A Food Lover's Journey from Obsession to Freedom
  • The Personal Credibility Factor: How to Get It, Keep It, and Get It Back (If You've Lost It)
  • The Everything Family Christmas Book: Stories, Songs, Recipes, Crafts, Traditions, and More (Everything Series)
  • Curious Folks Ask 2: 188 Real Answers on Our Fellow Creatures, Our Planet, and Beyond
  • How To Declutter Your Home And Your Life: Minimalist Concepts To Help You Start Organizing Today
  • Winning the Clutter War
  • In the Line of Fire: How to Handle Tough Questions When It Counts
  • You Are What You Think
  • Team Secrets Of The Navy Seals: The Elite Military Force's Leadership Principles For Business
  • The On-Purpose Person: Making Your Life Make Sense
  • How to Unspoil Your Child Fast: A Speedy, Complete Guide to Contented Children and Happy Parents
  • The Anger Diet: Thirty Days to Stress-Free Living
  • I Used to Know That: Stuff You Forgot from School
  • The Organized Kitchen: Keep Your Kitchen Clean, Organized, And Full Of Good Food and Save Time, Money, (And Your Sanity) Every Day!
  • More Than Ordinary: Enjoying Life with God