Start by marking “Seventh Day(Library Edition)” as Want to Read:
Seventh Day(Library Edition)

Seventh Day (A.D. Chronicles #7)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  560 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Eve, the widow of Absalom the Scribe, has one thing to live for—her only son, Abel. She is resigned to her own suffering but grieves over Abel’s every rasping breath. She’s heard of a great Healer who walks the earth, doing miracles. Could the rumors be true? What if she could reach Him? Would there be a miracle for Abel ... if he could survive the arduous journey? While r ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published September 1st 2010 by Oasis Audio (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Seventh Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seventh Day

Jeni Enjaian
After the extremely disappointing books 4, 5 and 6, I was pleasantly surprised with this book. It seems like this book (and the next...at least what I've read so far) was written by a different, yet similarly styled, author.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The Thoenes stuck to the Biblical storyline and did not feel the need to weigh it down with extraneous drama. I'm not a huge fan of shifting to having Peniel use first person but that's really my only complaint about this book.

I hope the remaining boo
Mark Baker
The latest entry in their Biblical historical fiction series returns us to the last year of Jesus' life as everyone seems to be plotting against him. But when Lazarus gets caught up in the plot, what will happen? I enjoyed this book much better then the last one, but it's constant switching from first to third person wasn't handled well.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
P
The authors have some unique takes on the events that took place during Jesus' time on earth. This book describes events during the last months of Jesus' life, showing the subterfuge of the Jewish religious leaders to try to destroy Him and His message and the concern of His followers and friends to try to save Him from destruction. I especially liked the juxtaposition of Jesus' parable about the death of the beggar Lazarus and the rich man with the death of His friend Lazarus of Bethany. The au ...more
Cassandra
Just like the other books in this series, this book makes the people of the New Testament seem so much more real then just reading about them in the Bible does sometimes. It is so easy to forget that the people Jesus healed were just like we are today.
Candace Lazzaro
Yes, I do can keep track of three books at a time. I can keep track of more then I'm inclined to do so. I love the Thoene books. I've been reading them for over twenty years now. Seventh Day is book (guess what) seven of Their AD Chronicles about the life of Jesus, the people he rubbed shoulders and early Christians. I haven't gotten to far in the Seventh Day but I will let you know how it goes when I'm done. I've enjoyed the other six books and am already on page 34 of this one.

I've finished th
Cindy Ba
This book could do with a glossary. Lots of Jewish terms. Would be nice if we knew what they meant.
Tiff Miller
Mostly, I think I'm enjoying these books for the ways they point out how "Everything means somthing" in Scripture. They also bring to life the realities of what it might have been like to live during such a time. I'm really enjoying this series. The Thoene's do a great job of weaving story-telling with research, so everything does feel real.

As usual with the Thoene's, my only complaint is the physical descriptions of some of the characters don't really jive with Middle Eastern physique's. That b
Kelli
I'm not usually one to enjoy a lot of "inspirational fiction" because the genre is often so contrived, but I enjoy these authors. I like the way they mix historical facts and characters with their fictional ones. I always feel like I'm learning something I didn't know already. I can't imagine researching one of their series! They are prolific writers (which doesn't always translate to quality), but I like the way this is driving me to my Bible to check out the facts.
Monica
Once again the authors do a wonderful job putting a name to characters and events that could have happened back when Jesus walked the Earth. This Seventh book chronicles the time in Jesus' ministry when the Sanhedrin had decided to arrest him up until after he called Lazarus from the grave. A great story that brings a new perspective on what could have happened intertwined with what really did.
Victoria
I don't know WHY in these other reviews people are saying that this was a dissapointment to the sieries. This one was just as good as the others! I love this whole sieries and I recommend it to everyone interested in biblical fiction or just ready for a change. The Theone's are very good writers!
Amanda
I enjoy learning the cultural background around the stories in the Bible. The are brought to life in ways I never knew about before. Sometimes looking at something in a new way opens our eyes to see the old as something fresh and new, and we get more out of it. These stories help me do that.
Acarrawa
Seventh Day was somewhat atypical of the A.D. Chronicles. The writing style was a bit different, and the action was somewhat slower. It took me a while to get into the book, but by the end, I was cheering. This book is definitely a worthwhile addition to one's Thoene collection.
Tricia
I have loved every book from this series, but this one. I gat halfway through the book and was still uninterested. It was a shame because I have read almost every book written by this husband/wife team and have never been dissapointed. I will not give up on them though.
Barbara
This book transports you back to the time of Christ and makes you feel you are there. The series is even more enjoyable now that they are covering the period of time when Christ was on earth.
Felicia Rogers
I think this series is awesome! Of course it just follows Jesus life through the Bible and tries to make the things more real, but it does such a fabulous job. I hate when I have to put it down.
Sheila
I liked it. I am really enjoying this series, but I am going to get away from it for a little while. I want to read something different for now, but I will be reading the 8th book soon.
Martha
Disappointingly, this one, even though Jesus is an adult (big change from the last book!), still spends more time on Jesus's friends and only a little time on him. Still well researched.
Karen
What can I say - it was great. Love the authenticity and the storylines in the Thoenes' books. I particularly liked the comparison between facts and truth.
Meadow
This book is so amazing due to all the study that the Thoene's put into it about the Jewish religion. I can't stop reading this 5 star series.
Cathy
Jan 20, 2008 Cathy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people searching for truth.
I didn't enjoy this quite as much as some of the others in this series. I am beginning to wonder how many books they plan for this series.
Kw
Love this series, and so appreciate the research that had to be done for them to be written.
Michele
Maybe I didn't give this book a chance, but I couldn't make it past the third chapter.
Chrissy
This series is just a flat read, nothing too exciting happens anymore.
Karen
I have thoroughly enjoyed this series. Very Good!
Lora Strang
you just can't go wrong with reading this
Rena
Loved the complete series.
Angie
Best series ever!!
Gail
Gail added it
Dec 19, 2014
Ashley Hunt
Ashley Hunt marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
  • Gold Rush Prodigal (Saga of the Sierras #3)
  • Dark Hour
  • Faith of My Fathers (Chronicles of the Kings, #4)
  • Somewhere a Song (Daughters of Fortune #2)
  • While Mortals Sleep
  • The Warrior: Caleb (Sons of Encouragement, #2)
  • The Reluctant Bridegroom: 1838 (The House of Winslow #7)
  • The Hidden Flame (Acts of Faith, #2)
  • Hadassah: One Night with the King
  • Escape to Freedom (Secret of the Rose #3)
  • The Last Disciple
BODIE AND BROCK THOENE (pronounced Tay-nee) have written over 45 works of historical fiction. These best sellers have sold more than 10 million copies and won eight ECPA Gold Medallion Awards.

Bodie began her writing career as a teen journalist for her local newspaper. Eventually her byline appeared in prestigious periodicals such as U.S. News and World Report, The American West, and The Saturday E
More about Bodie Thoene...
Vienna Prelude (Zion Covenant, #1) Munich Signature (Zion Covenant, #3) Prague Counterpoint (Zion Covenant, #2) Jerusalem Interlude (Zion Covenant, #4) Danzig Passage (Zion Covenant, #5)