Start by marking “The Big Book Of Juices And Smoothies: 365 Natural Blends For Health And Vitality Every Day” as Want to Read:
The Big Book Of Juices And Smoothies:  365 Natural Blends For Health And Vitality Every Day

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  117 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Look good and feel great all year round with this practical step-by- step guide to introducing juices and smoothies into your life.
Spiral-bound
Published March 15th 2003 by Duncan Baird (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Big Book Of Juices And Smoothies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Book Of Juices And Smoothies

Rob
Feb 12, 2008 Rob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: juicing amateurs
Shelves: cookbook
Exactly what it says it is: a book of 365 recipes for juices, smoothies, tonics, and elixirs. If you have a juicer, you definitely want this book because it is full of great ideas (and attractive pictures) on where to start with your juicing -- what fruits and vegetables will taste good together? What kind of fruits/veggies have what kind of properties for restoring energy? Or boosting the immune system? Etc.

The focus is definitely on the juices (the first half of the book) but there are also so
Nizzy
Mar 18, 2012 Nizzy rated it it was amazing
Aside from having 365 juice blends to choose from, what I like most about this book is that it is organized by the main fruit/vegetable contained in each juice making it visually easier to find juices based on what you have. The ultra bonus is the jucing reference chapter which contains a list of nutrients, their benefits, and sources and also a list of juices for common ailments. This book is a great reference for those looking to get into juicing.
Mariantheduke
May 26, 2012 Mariantheduke rated it really liked it
Some of juices were actually tasty. I'm finding, however, that I have a strange aversion to anything with celery in it...and beets ;) Other than that, the juices taste fairly good.

A note...this isn't a book you read from page 1. Just page through it, finding whatever peaks your interest. Frankly, I got to a point where I just put the book on the shelf, and created my own little recipes. Your body needs time to (a) reset its palate to be able to take in some of the stronger green juices, without
Emily
May 07, 2012 Emily rated it it was amazing
The organization in this book is fabulous. I have tried these recipes on their own, but now I use them to make green smoothies. Between my books on green smoothies and regular fruit smoothie books I have been able to adapt the recipes and make my own out of them. This book helped me to learn which ingedients taste well together, and by adding in whichever greens i prefer it makes it so I can have even more nutrition. I wish the author had a green smoothie book, that would solve all my problems!
Sue
Jan 25, 2008 Sue rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health, read-2007
Excellent! Lots of inspiring ideas for fresh fruit and vegetable juice, and smoothies. Useful introductions to juicing and the making of these healthful drinks, vitamin and mineral lists, and recommendations for various ailments. Highly recommended!
Sue
May 22, 2011 Sue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A big favorite. I use this book often. Love the included nutrition info.
Ana
Mar 24, 2009 Ana rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Marcus
I think this has to be one of the best juicing books out there.
Jason Denison
Jan 28, 2016 Jason Denison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A MUST if you really want to Juice and enjoy it!
Tabatha
Tabatha marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Andrew Certner
Andrew Certner rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Dana
Dana rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2016
Rhian
Rhian rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Rod
Rod rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Edward H. Arnold
Edward H. Arnold rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Clarence Jaggernauth
Clarence Jaggernauth rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Anne Kingston
Anne Kingston rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Lynne Freeman
Lynne Freeman rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Schelly Lindsey
Schelly Lindsey rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2015
Mr J C McLaggan
Mr J C McLaggan rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2015
Mr Stuart Walmsley
Mr Stuart Walmsley rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Jay
Jay rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2015
Darcy Williamson
Darcy Williamson rated it it was ok
Oct 13, 2015
Deborah Pearson
Deborah Pearson rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2015
Meg Mims
Meg Mims rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2015
Brian Ferrari
Brian Ferrari rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2015
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Beth Fuellbier
Beth Fuellbier rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Juicing for Life: A Guide to the Benefits of Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Juicing
  • The Curry Secret
  • Madhur Jaffrey's Quick & Easy Indian Cooking
  • The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen: Nourishing, Big-Flavor Recipes for Cancer Treatment and Recovery
  • The Olive and the Caper: Adventures in Greek Cooking