Start by marking “The Big Book Of Juices And Smoothies: 365 Natural Blends For Health And Vitality Every Day” as Want to Read:
The Big Book Of Juices And Smoothies:  365 Natural Blends For Health And Vitality Every Day

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Look good and feel great all year round with this practical step-by- step guide to introducing juices and smoothies into your life.
Spiral-bound
Published March 15th 2003 by Duncan Baird (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Big Book Of Juices And Smoothies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Book Of Juices And Smoothies

Rob
Feb 12, 2008 Rob rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: juicing amateurs
Shelves: cookbook
Exactly what it says it is: a book of 365 recipes for juices, smoothies, tonics, and elixirs. If you have a juicer, you definitely want this book because it is full of great ideas (and attractive pictures) on where to start with your juicing -- what fruits and vegetables will taste good together? What kind of fruits/veggies have what kind of properties for restoring energy? Or boosting the immune system? Etc.

The focus is definitely on the juices (the first half of the book) but there are also so
Nizzy
Aside from having 365 juice blends to choose from, what I like most about this book is that it is organized by the main fruit/vegetable contained in each juice making it visually easier to find juices based on what you have. The ultra bonus is the jucing reference chapter which contains a list of nutrients, their benefits, and sources and also a list of juices for common ailments. This book is a great reference for those looking to get into juicing.
Mariantheduke
Some of juices were actually tasty. I'm finding, however, that I have a strange aversion to anything with celery in it...and beets ;) Other than that, the juices taste fairly good.

A note...this isn't a book you read from page 1. Just page through it, finding whatever peaks your interest. Frankly, I got to a point where I just put the book on the shelf, and created my own little recipes. Your body needs time to (a) reset its palate to be able to take in some of the stronger green juices, without
Emily
The organization in this book is fabulous. I have tried these recipes on their own, but now I use them to make green smoothies. Between my books on green smoothies and regular fruit smoothie books I have been able to adapt the recipes and make my own out of them. This book helped me to learn which ingedients taste well together, and by adding in whichever greens i prefer it makes it so I can have even more nutrition. I wish the author had a green smoothie book, that would solve all my problems!
Sue
Excellent! Lots of inspiring ideas for fresh fruit and vegetable juice, and smoothies. Useful introductions to juicing and the making of these healthful drinks, vitamin and mineral lists, and recommendations for various ailments. Highly recommended!
Sue
A big favorite. I use this book often. Love the included nutrition info.
Ana
Mar 24, 2009 Ana rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Marcus
I think this has to be one of the best juicing books out there.
Clive
Clive marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Veraa
Veraa marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Srinivas Dhulipalla
Srinivas Dhulipalla marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Rsmith
Rsmith marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Big Book of Juices: More than 400 Natural Blends for Health and Vitality Every Day Wonderfoods: The Best Nutrition And Recipes For Optimum Health The Kitchen Shrink: Food and Recipes for a Healthy Mind The Big Book of Juices: More Than 400 Natural Blends for Health and Vitality Every Day Paperback By Savona, Natalie 101 FANtastic Juices and Smoothies