The Big Book Of Juices And Smoothies:  365 Natural Blends For Health And Vitality Every Day

The Big Book Of Juices And Smoothies: 365 Natural Blends For Health And Vitality Every Day

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Juice bars are all the rage, but making the drinks at home is an easy--and less expensive--way to sustain a smoothie habit. "The Big Book of Juices and Smoothies" features 365 healthy, delicious recipes, many of which can be prepared with nothing more than a blender. Each drink is rated for its energy/immune boosting properties, detoxifying qualities, and skin enhancing ab...more
Paperback
Published March 15th 2003 by Watkins Publishing LTD (first published 2003)

Rob
Feb 12, 2008 Rob rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: juicing amateurs
Shelves: cookbook
Exactly what it says it is: a book of 365 recipes for juices, smoothies, tonics, and elixirs. If you have a juicer, you definitely want this book because it is full of great ideas (and attractive pictures) on where to start with your juicing -- what fruits and vegetables will taste good together? What kind of fruits/veggies have what kind of properties for restoring energy? Or boosting the immune system? Etc.

The focus is definitely on the juices (the first half of the book) but there are also so...more
Nizzy
Aside from having 365 juice blends to choose from, what I like most about this book is that it is organized by the main fruit/vegetable contained in each juice making it visually easier to find juices based on what you have. The ultra bonus is the jucing reference chapter which contains a list of nutrients, their benefits, and sources and also a list of juices for common ailments. This book is a great reference for those looking to get into juicing.
Mariantheduke
Some of juices were actually tasty. I'm finding, however, that I have a strange aversion to anything with celery in it...and beets ;) Other than that, the juices taste fairly good.

A note...this isn't a book you read from page 1. Just page through it, finding whatever peaks your interest. Frankly, I got to a point where I just put the book on the shelf, and created my own little recipes. Your body needs time to (a) reset its palate to be able to take in some of the stronger green juices, without...more
Emily
The organization in this book is fabulous. I have tried these recipes on their own, but now I use them to make green smoothies. Between my books on green smoothies and regular fruit smoothie books I have been able to adapt the recipes and make my own out of them. This book helped me to learn which ingedients taste well together, and by adding in whichever greens i prefer it makes it so I can have even more nutrition. I wish the author had a green smoothie book, that would solve all my problems!
Sue
Excellent! Lots of inspiring ideas for fresh fruit and vegetable juice, and smoothies. Useful introductions to juicing and the making of these healthful drinks, vitamin and mineral lists, and recommendations for various ailments. Highly recommended!
Sue
A big favorite. I use this book often. Love the included nutrition info.
Ana
Mar 24, 2009 Ana rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Marcus
I think this has to be one of the best juicing books out there.
Jackie Capondag
Jackie Capondag marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Csai
Csai added it
Apr 01, 2014
Sandy
Sandy added it
Mar 28, 2014
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Kimberley
Kimberley marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Noreen Giesbrecht
Noreen Giesbrecht marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Aaron
Aaron added it
Mar 01, 2014
Jenny B
Jenny B marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Keelee Johns
Keelee Johns marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Graciela Androes
Graciela Androes is currently reading it
Feb 08, 2014
Anidris
Anidris marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Brian Edwards
Brian Edwards marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Big Book of Juices: More than 400 Natural Blends for Health and Vitality Every Day Wonderfoods: The Best Nutrition And Recipes For Optimum Health The Kitchen Shrink: Food and Recipes for a Healthy Mind 101 FANtastic Juices and Smoothies The Big Book of Juices: More Than 400 Natural Blends for Health and Vitality Every Day Paperback By Savona, Natalie