Start by marking “Point No Point” as Want to Read:
Point No Point

Point No Point (Claire Watkins #7)

The seventh book in the Claire Watkins mystery series. Deputy Sheriff Claire Watkins is faced with a difficult case when a friend of the family is suspected of killing his wife. Her investigation puts a great stress on her relationship with her husband. Things are further strained when the suspect attempts suicide, solidifying his guilt in Claire’s mind. But what if she’s ...more
Published August 23rd 2011 by Tyrus Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Point No Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Point No Point

Chris
Nov 04, 2013 Chris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyably lightweight mystery novel. A couple dead bodies, a personal connection, some personal issues for the investigating detectives to resolve, etc. This is the kind of novel Charlaine Harris added a vampire named "Bill" to.
Patricia
Aug 31, 2008 Patricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A hot summer day in August is not ideal for pulling a bloated body from Lake Pepin but then no day is ideal for finding a floater. Deputy Sheriff Claire Watkins and Deputy Bill Peterson arrive on the scene close to Point No Point. Other officers were at the scene including Lake City patrol and the Pierce County Sheriff’s office but it was deemed the body belonged to the Pepin County Sheriff’s office so Clair and Peterson were left to fish the body from the lake.

The man was quite large and it app
P.J. Coldren
Nov 26, 2008 P.J. Coldren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s late August in Wisconsin, and Deputy Sheriff Claire Watkins has a floater on her hands. She’s got a daughter who just turned 16, and that daughter has a steady boyfriend. The only thing that’s cool right now is Claire’s relationship with her live-in boyfriend, Rich. Rich’s best friend Chet may or may not have murdered his much younger wife Anne, and this uncertainty drives a wedge between Claire and Rich.

Mary Logue writes with great sympathy and knowledge about life in a small rural communi
Danielle
Feb 20, 2009 Danielle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who live near Maiden Rock, WI; mystery fans
This is the very first book I've read by Mary Logue even though it is part of an established series. The main character is Claire Watkins, a deputy Sheriff of Pepin County, Wisconsin. It was fun for me to read this book because all her locations are real and they are all places I have been.

What's nice about this book is that it reads very well as a stand alone. I didn't regret not having read any of the previous books. Also, there is a theme that plays throughout this book as various characters
Catherine Woodman
I very much like this series, and the protagonist--this one was not amongst the greats though. First, the plot is too tightly contained, and the characters are not well fleshed out--usually there is not alot of action--this is Wisconsin, after all (which is a good thing--action is not what a place wants to be known for)--but there isn't alot of reflecting going on with any of the characters with the exception of the 16 year old. The issues related to suicide and depression are also not well depi ...more
Martha
Oct 24, 2009 Martha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was sort of fun because it takes place in Pierce County, Wisconsin, located right across the river in Wisconsin. I've been to that area, and have visited a lot of sites on the Minnesota side of the Mississippi, where the inundation by the river creates flooded areas, and dead skeleton trees. It would be a creepy place to find a body. It's also creepy because the friend of our hero Claire Watkins is the suspected killer and Claire does not know what to believe.

It is a somewhat lightweight n
Wyma
Mar 19, 2009 Wyma rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked it up at random from the shelves, and read it in a few hours. I didn't expect to like it this much, but Claire isn't just any deputy sheriff with an at-home man who cooks her dinners. They are interesting characters and the mysterious deaths which turn out to be linked are not obviously so from the beginning. A good beach book and I'll look for more. (one caveat: The daughter may be too good to be true.)
Laura Salas
Jan 07, 2016 Laura Salas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, mystery, e-book
I enjoyed this much better than Maiden Rock, the one prior to this. I'm not sure how I feel about the parts from Amy's pov--I really just want Claire, and I feel like it's trying to set Amy up as a main viewpoint character (here or in her own series--not sure which). I hope not. Happy to see the quality back where I expect it to be in this terrific series.
P.J. Coldren
Sep 03, 2008 P.J. Coldren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fns of police procedutals and cozies
Recommended to P.J. by: review copy
I enjoy this series, keeping in mind that I've only read two and they were not in order. I wish there was more to them. At about 250 pages, they are just done too soon for me. Another decent sub-plot per book would really help. I enjoy the minor characters as much as the main ones, which is (for me) one of the marks of a good writer.
Kathy
Jun 13, 2014 Kathy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Pulled this book out of a traveling book box simply because it had a Wisconsin setting, which I needed for a state challenge. I have never read this author before, and wasn't impressed. The detective solves two interconnected mysteries, and her family solves all personal problems by themselves because she is never home.
Evelyn
Aug 18, 2013 Evelyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This book drew me in right away. I do not see much depth to the suicide attempts, having said that I know that people who are serious about suicide do not let anyone know. Therefore, in that sense it was very accurate. Flowing nicely this book kept me interested. I will be looking for other books written by this author.
Kristi
I'm starting to feel a tad ho-hum about this series. This book was fine and it dealt with some issues you don't often see raised in murder mysteries which was nice, but it seemed a bit short and lacking depth. The ending was also kind of abrupt. I already have the next book in the series in my library so I'll read it, but that may be the end of the series for me if I don't find myself more moved.
Ishanie
Quick summer read. While the story is somewhat predictable, the characters are interesting enough to keep you reading. Apparently, this is part of a series, and I wouldn't mind reading another on the beach or on the porch on a nice summer day!
Murray
Jun 13, 2011 Murray rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very down to earth murder mystery without a lot fairly true to life characters without an over the top murderer set confines of Pepin Co. Wisconsin. It makes me want to read the earlier Claire Watkins mysteries.
Kari
Aug 04, 2010 Kari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this mystery. I am familiar with the area of Wisconsin where the story is set so that makes it all the more enjoyable.
Mary Marlatt
A quick read. Some typo/grammatical errors that bugged me. I really liked Claire, though, and will probably read more in this series in the future.
Jane
Jane rated it liked it
May 01, 2010
Kari Madison
Kari Madison rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Steve
Steve rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2012
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2011
L M
L M rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2009
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2014
Adam Mcfarlane
Adam Mcfarlane rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2013
Darlene
Darlene rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2013
Ruth
Ruth rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Meg
Meg rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2009
Kathy Vaughn
Kathy Vaughn rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2015
Francine
Francine rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2012
Audrey Slone
Audrey Slone rated it liked it
May 08, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Chasing Smoke
  • Head Games
  • In the Light of You
  • Hogdoggin': The Next Chapter of the Billy Lafitte Saga (Billy Lafitte, #2)
  • Dead Renegade (A Loon Lake Mystery, #10)
  • Empty Ever After (Moe Prager, #5)
  • Dead End Fix (Mort Grant #6)
  • Candles on Bay Street
  • Doubleback (Georgia Davis, #2)
  • Stein, Stoned (Harry Stein, #1)
  • Places to Look for a Mother: A Novel
  • Food-Free at Last: How I Learned to Eat Air
  • These Guns for Hire
  • Silver Lake
  • Curse of the Jade Lily (Mac McKenzie, #9)

Claire Watkins (9 books)
  • Blood Country (Claire Watkins, #1)
  • Dark Coulee (Claire Watkins, #2)
  • Glare Ice (Claire Watkins, #3)
  • Bone Harvest (Claire Watkins, #4)
  • Poison Heart (Claire Watkins, #5)
  • Maiden Rock (Claire Watkins, #6)
  • Frozen Stiff (Claire Watkins, #8)
  • Lake of Tears (Claire Watkins, #9)