Start by marking “Therapy Poetry: From the Notebook of a Child Abuse Survivor” as Want to Read:
Therapy Poetry: From the Notebook of a Child Abuse Survivor

Therapy Poetry: From the Notebook of a Child Abuse Survivor

Life is a series of ongoing decisions. For adults like me, a survivor of child abuse, making wise choices can be a problem. I lived the pain of an abusive childhood, with an alcoholic mentally ill father. It took me a long time, a teenage religious conversion, and a lot of therapy as an adult, to find the tools of wise decision making. It is this painful journey, of 'conne ...more
Published September 29th 2011 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published September 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Therapy Poetry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Therapy Poetry

A~lotus
May 06, 2012 A~lotus rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Mature readers
Recommended to A~lotus by: No one
Janice Ross
Nov 13, 2013 Janice Ross rated it it was amazing
I love to connect with a book. When I can smile, laugh, get angry, scared or cry with the writer/poet. When I feel the flow of all that's, given poured into the work, and I'm able to see the poet's soul. That's what I've gotten from Clara B. Ray's Therapy Poetry. Ray's poems and prose invite her audience to live the life that she's lived through. From a little child on up, I could more than imagine the abuse and pain that she endured.

Ray's mastery of language is impressive. I am a lover of words
Milly Huang
Milly Huang rated it did not like it
May 10, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
Oct 17, 2016
Vicky Williams
Vicky Williams marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Rita Patel
Rita Patel marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Jenness Jordan
Jenness Jordan marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
KBowen
KBowen marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Annastasia Zellars
Annastasia Zellars marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Clara B. Ray, author, speaker, poet, and freelance writer resides in Oklahoma City. The fifty-nine year old mother of two and grandmother of five, grew up in Ardmore, Oklahoma, as Clara Finley. She became a licensed minister in 1994, and is a State of Oklahoma retiree. She is the author of eight books.

Clara has a background rich in advocacy, self-help, and health & wellness; as a former health
More about Clara B. Ray...