Start by marking “Are You There Erma? It's Me Gayle” as Want to Read:
Are You There Erma? It's Me Gayle

Are You There Erma? It's Me Gayle

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  4 reviews
When Gayle Carline clawed her way into her local newspaper office and groveled until they gave her a weekly humor column, she worried about not having enough material. Then she took a look at her life. Nearly every week something in her house or car needs repair, her son doesn't know why being able to see his carpet is a big deal, and her husband believes less is more, esp ...more
Published (first published October 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Are You There Erma? It's Me Gayle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Are You There Erma? It's Me Gayle

Peg
'Are You There Erma? It's Me, Gayle, by Gayle Carline, was provided free of charge from the author through GoodReads, FirstReads. If you miss Erma Bombeck, I suggest you read this book by Gayle Carline. She has the same sense of humor and wit that Erma had. I have read some of Ms. Bombeck's books so was anxious to try this book by Ms. Carline and she did not disappoint me. This book is a compilation of her newspaper columns. She has a great sense of humor about her everyday family-centered life. ...more
Marilyn
This was a compilation of Gayle Carlines newspaper columns. While I found the book interesting and humorous, I did not find it laugh out loud funny. But I enjoyed it.
Jessica Buike
This is the second book by Gayle that provides what she considers to be her best columns. the columns mostly weren't even that funny and this read more like a personal blog - interesting to close acquaintances but boring to the rest of us. the formatting left a lot of white space between each story which seemed like a waste. The stories were just a little too mundane for me, but if you know Gayle personally it might be a worthwhile read.
Lisa
This book is a compilation of select humor columns from two more years of Mrs. Carline's work. I liked this one better than the first book, because the columns didn't seem quite as "forced" and because she didn't talk as much about writing her column. It's nice to see how her community has rallied around her and supported her work.
Heather Bishop
Heather Bishop marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Karla
Karla marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Roxanne
Roxanne marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Adriana
Adriana marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Jisha Joe
Jisha Joe marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2013
Lee Sinclair
Lee Sinclair marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2012
Angela Petrea
Angela Petrea marked it as to-read
May 19, 2012
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
May 16, 2012
Lila
Lila marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2012
Jan
Jan added it
Jan 16, 2012
Alana
Alana marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Freezer Burn (A Peri Minneopa Mystery, #1) Hit or Missus (Peri Minneopa Mystery, #2) What Would Erma Do?: Confessions of a First Time Humor Columnist The Hot Mess  (Peri Minneopa Mystery, #3) Clean Sweep (Peri Minneopa Mystery, short story)