Start by marking “When I Lay Me Down” as Want to Read:
When I Lay Me Down

When I Lay Me Down

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  4 reviews
He lost just about everything when the “infected” swept through his ranch, killing his animals and turning his wife into one of them. But a man with grit never gives up. Especially on the woman he promised to love to the day he dies.
Published October 2nd 2011 by Fiero Publishing (first published September 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about When I Lay Me Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When I Lay Me Down

Megan
I'm hopelessly addicted to zombie stories and this one did not disappoint. Author James Kinsak has some new ideas about the zombie apocalypse and true love. Read online for free here.
Jessica
This story is a good, quick read and decent for the price. However, it is far from an original idea. Author, Bob Fingerman, wrote 'The Summer Place' which can be found in a collection of zombie stories titled, The Living Dead 2. His story was the first I've ever encountered where a lone man survives, searches and is then bitten by an infected animal and thus becomes infected. If you've already read that story and want something new, don't bother reading this one. But, if you haven't read either ...more
Kristy
This was a good story. It's a short one, so it doesn't take much time to read through it. I liked how the farmer was willing to stick by his wife (even though in real life, RUNNNNN, man, runnnn!!!), and I thought the ending was interesting. I haven't read anything else where the turning of a zombie is told from the zombie-to-be's perspective.

There's a 5 chapter preview of the author's novel at the back of this short story. The idea for it is interesting, but I wasn't fond of it due to some lang
Tiffany
;_____; A very short story, but I still cried.
Evelyn
Evelyn marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Ash
Ash marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Jan McClintock
Jan McClintock marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Lori Salyerds
Lori Salyerds marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Steve Pierce
Steve Pierce marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Kristine Latchaw
Kristine Latchaw marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
debra
debra marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Christy Parker
Christy Parker marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Jena
Jena marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2013
Thota
Thota added it
Feb 25, 2013
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2013