Start by marking “Roots and Wings (Good to Know, #3)” as Want to Read:
Roots and Wings (Good to Know, #3)

Roots and Wings (Good to Know #3)

In the six years since Jerry, David, and William first welcomed Billie and Cory into their home, a lot has changed in their lives. William has fallen in love, Cory has graduated and is engaged, and Jerry is as irascible as ever. David, however, is struggling. He worries about William and Cory, about how he and Jerry will deal with their house becoming an empty nest, and ab ...more
ebook, 1st Edition, 194 pages
Published November 14th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press LLC (first published November 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Roots and Wings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roots and Wings

Deeze
May 30, 2012 Deeze rated it liked it
Shelves: pick-me-up
Another lovely update on the lives of David, Jerry, Cory and William.

This is a nice slow, no angst, light on the drama, read.

I did need a tissue when William and Jerry were reminiscing on the early days when William first came to stay. I always choke on the pure emotion in those scenes lol.

A lovely way to say Goodbye to this family.

Just as a personal note, (view spoiler)
Monica
Nov 02, 2011 Monica rated it it was amazing
I love David and Jerry. Hope to get more from these characters.
Reggie
Jan 02, 2012 Reggie rated it liked it
Shelves: family
It continues to be a sweet read. I do love this family !

The writing was so bland, though,I had a hard time finishing it. There was too much author voice and not enough Character Voice. It all sounded the same after a bit.The characters were warm, friendly and humorous, I just wanted to hear more from THEM.
Eric Renoult
Sep 01, 2013 Eric Renoult rated it liked it
C’est un plaisir de retrouver cette petite famille hors norme.
Grâce à ce troisième tome nous approfondissons encore plus une romance M/M et c’est un régal.
Jerry et David sont toujours égaux à eux même, cependant vient enfin le temps de certaines épreuves dont ils ressortiront sans nulle doute vainqueurs…
David qui se dévoue beaucoup pour ses hommes et les autres se posera des questions et finalement évoluera vraiment vers le paradis au fil du récit.
Jerry nous offre ici une autre facette de lui, n
Diane
Aug 19, 2012 Diane rated it it was amazing
Third visit to the McKenzie clan - fast forward to Cory being in college, William is soon to follow, Billie is no longer a puppy and both young men are starting their love lives - and that is dealt with so well, because it would have been easy to have everyone be the same, or at least William. And really is adorable that William is surprised by his attraction!!! Then his worry that he has finally done something that will be too much of a disappointment to his fathers, and how is he going to deal ...more
Jess Candela
Nov 14, 2011 Jess Candela rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, read-in-2011
I liked it, but had a few annoyances that kept me from getting really into it. The word "husband" was overused so much that I was thoroughly sick of it by about 25% into the story, and started thinking it could make a drinking game or something. Also, Cory and Tara seemed to appear whenever it was convenient, but there was no explanation for times they weren't mentioned (for example, one morning while they're still around, Jerry wakes up early and thinks about how soon he expects David and Willi ...more
Becky Condit
Mar 11, 2012 Becky Condit rated it it was amazing
The tone of this book is somewhat melancholy as David believes that his role as father is nearing its conclusion. Jerry reminisces over the changes in his own life from being a confirmed swinging bachelor to a man longing for grandparenthood. When a serious health crisis looms David becomes so depressed he has to seek professional counseling while Jerry hides his own fears from even himself.
William has fallen in love and in the process of becoming sexually active is part of the cause of his girl
Bookwatcher
May 19, 2012 Bookwatcher rated it liked it
It's a good end to a cute series. It's a romance (i would dare to say almost erotic, because it's full of sex scenes).
If you are a romantic person, searching a VERY romantic story you MUST read this serie. David and Jerry story (and their two son, William and Cory) is wonderful.
I think this book just had one problem: too many parts explaining things from book one and two (or maybe saying "repeating"? It's full of flashbacks, and it sort of tired me). Also the almost drama was too quick (view spo
Adara
Nov 24, 2011 Adara rated it liked it
A fitting continuation of the series. This one skips a few years into the future and focuses quite a bit on William's current relationship, David's relationship (or lack thereof) with his mother, and Jerry has a bit of a health scare. It was a little slow for me to get into because the beginning seemed to have a lot of info-dumping instead of action.

You could potentially read this if you haven't read the first two in the series, but I don't think you would want to. There are a lot of callback r
Angela
Nov 18, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Erotica, m/m, romannce,
It's always nice to be able to visit with friends after not seeing them for awhile and that was what reading this book was like. After seven years these guys are still a great family but with a few bumps they have to contend with. Poor David is dealing with a whole slew of problems that just seem to get bigger and bigger, but of course Jerry is there for him to lean on and shows him to just keep believing in their family and things will get better. It was nice seeing William in the first love ph ...more
Lillyg
Mar 13, 2016 Lillyg rated it it was ok
The 2nd was average, this one is still bland. Even more than the previous one. There's still potential with the plot, but every time there's feeling coming close it's "Abort mission! Abort mission! Feelings incoming!"

description

It's like the characters are watching their lives from afar.

When the author could develop the relationships between the characters, it stays at the level of "He said/They said"

And David becomes annoying being too perfect.
Neet
Nov 18, 2013 Neet rated it really liked it
The conclusion book of the Good To Know series where we find Jerry & David 7 years later and dealing with the empty nest syndrome.Cory who is a foster son of our favorite couple has graduated from college and soon to be married to his high school girlfriend. William is now a senior in high school and must come out as not only as straight to his dads but let them know his girlfriend and he have done the deed.We follow the two dads through angst,cancer scare and laughter all to a wonderful con ...more
Janie
Dec 02, 2012 Janie rated it really liked it
Wow, where to start. First off I have to say that this book caused me so many ups and downs with my feelings that I thought I'd never get through the entire book. This was a beautiful series and I am torn between wanting more and hoping that this is the last of the series. I would love to hear about David and Jerry spoiling and loving grandkids but at the same time they are alot older and I'm afraid if there is another book that one of them will die in it and I honestly don't think my heart coul ...more
Jenny Wood
Sep 13, 2015 Jenny Wood rated it really liked it
Dunno why all the negative reviews, I thought this story was a nice little conclusion to the series. I loved this family, now that the kids were grown and the dads getting a little older it was nice to see how they were all still so close. I also had wondered if William was going to like men, but was glad to see how he found someone to love and to love him like he deserved.
Cute series... very much worth reading!
Lee
Dec 03, 2011 Lee rated it really liked it
Roots and Wings, the third, and I'm assuming the final book in the Good to Know Series, is a wonderfully satisfying ending to Jerry, David, and the boy's story. Granted, the book can be a bit schmaltzy at times, and I had to wonder if any more "bad" could come they're way, but in the end everything does work out and the books message of "Family First" holds true.

I give Roots and Wings four stars.

MsMiz (Tina)
Nov 11, 2011 MsMiz (Tina) rated it liked it
Shelves: glbt-all, pdf
3.5 - This is the the third book in the Good to know series. And really they should be called feel good series. I always get a warm feeling inside when I think of these books, and Roots and Wings is no different. In Roots and Wings we find our MCs, Jerry and David entering a new phase in their lives. Their kids are growing up, they are soon to be empty nesters and then Jerry has a health scare.

I would not hesitate to read more from this family.
Azilys
Jun 10, 2014 Azilys rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, m-m
Franchement cet auteur a un effet doudou. Il ne se passe pas grand chose ds ce T3, impression de lire un happy end sans fin tellement tout le monde nage ds le bonheur. A lire pour voir les perso evoluer quelques années plus tard.
Eva
Nov 17, 2011 Eva rated it really liked it
A sweet addition (ending?) to a series I enjoyed reading.
While at times I found myself wondering how much trouble are Jerry and David were in for, overall the story stayed low on angst and drama so all was good in the end.
Sherry
Jun 16, 2012 Sherry marked it as dnf
Shelves: m-m-romance
I quit on page 14 or 15. The writing style was something I couldn't get past and also the way the guys behaved felt unnatural to me - William especially read like a ten to twelfth-year-old boy and not like a teenager.
Ken Murphy
Feb 05, 2013 Ken Murphy rated it really liked it
Another delightful story from D. W. Marchwell. This is the third tale about Jerry, David, and their family. The book is truly like catching up with old friends. There is family drama, a health scare, and more than enough love to go around.
Penny
Nov 16, 2011 Penny rated it it was ok
2.5 stars A little to mushy for my taste at the present time.
Eyre
Nov 11, 2013 Eyre rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, lgbt
This was a nice third book in the series. At one point, I asked myself just how many horrible things could happen to this family, but everything was resolved in the end.
Kiki
Nov 14, 2011 Kiki rated it liked it
3.5
Mirka
Oct 24, 2011 Mirka rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love all these characters...
Aug 13, 2014 Laura rated it liked it
wasn't too keen on this book. I don't think another book was needed after the 2nd one...
Lily
This was a nice story although William's romance felt a bit too grown up for his age. David and Jerry are still a lovely, loving couple and it was nice to see Cory, and Tara too, doing well.
Marcy  Shane
Marcy Shane rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2012
Laura rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Peppermaud
Peppermaud rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2013
Kirsty
Kirsty rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Roots and Wings by D.W. Marchwell 2 11 Nov 14, 2011 07:44AM
  • Floods and Drought (Clouds & Rain, #3)
  • Worth the Coming Home (Love's Value, #1)
  • Love Means... Healing (Farm, #4.5)
  • Chase the Stars (Lang Downs, #2)
  • Talker's Graduation (Talker, #3)
  • The Perfect Gift (Mr. Popsalos, #2)
  • Complete Faith (Morning Report, #2)
  • Texas Christmas (Texas, #5)
  • We Danced
  • Just What the Truth Is (Home, #5)
  • Rain (Rules of Engagement, #2)
When D. W. Marchwell is not teaching future generations the wonders of science, he can usually be found hiking, writing, riding horses, trying new recipes, or searching for and lovingly restoring discarded antique furniture. A goofy and incurable romantic, D.W. admits that his stories are inspired by actual events and has a soft spot for those where boy not only meets boy but also turns out to be ...more
More about D.W. Marchwell...

Good to Know (3 books)
  • Good to Know (Good to Know, #1)
  • An Earlier Heaven (Good to Know, #2)